FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Labas rytas - Lithuanian :)

DAX - PP Points

Both spx and dax had a very tight trading range in comparison to previous days. Tells me like us, market doesn't know where to go or what to do. As before I am very worried. Fear is the correct word I'm looking for.

Not much of an opinion other than head says down but visual TA charts indicating reliience and bullish move up. Hate to be boring but will do as little as possible until I see some clear high probability moves. Until then expect a lot of less is more waffle from me.

fwiw Looking for direction - breakout of this range...

PP-R1 @ 11104
PP-0 @ 11041
PP-S1 @ 10926

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DAX_D_150814_0751.GIF
    DAX_D_150814_0751.GIF
    47.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
minor downtrend got taken out
aqua is breakout point
was trying to get in on the other side of the aqua line
10987 held
pump to that horizontal res

2zexftz.gif

SPX - PP Levels

Notice the very small range again with the SPX yesterday. Holding PP-0. Market trying to make heads or tales out of China move and how US and EU may react to it.

Not going to guess either way but continue with strategy of shorting any rises.

Looking for breakout for direction...

PP-R1 @ 2094
PP-0 @ 2086
PP-S1 @ 2075

Pretty much same levels we've been talking about for some time. So sidestep dance goes on and on and on... :)

Attachments

• DAX_D_150814_0751.GIF
    DAX_D_150814_0751.GIF
    47.4 KB · Views: 59
it probably will fumble around
dont forget we traded a 50 point recoil in spx......in one day !!

Labas rytas - Lithuanian :)

DAX - PP Points

Both spx and dax had a very tight trading range in comparison to previous days. Tells me like us, market doesn't know where to go or what to do. As before I am very worried. Fear is the correct word I'm looking for.

Not much of an opinion other than head says down but visual TA charts indicating reliience and bullish move up. Hate to be boring but will do as little as possible until I see some clear high probability moves. Until then expect a lot of less is more waffle from me.

fwiw Looking for direction - breakout of this range...

PP-R1 @ 11104
PP-0 @ 11041
PP-S1 @ 10926

:rolleyes:

Is this a relief rally on Greek vote and French NFP numbers?

Lets see if it can take out 11150 :rolleyes:

Did someone mention 11070????

Amazing number.

Great level well spotted Chronic / Dentist? Can't remember which one of you magicians came up with that number.

PS. My PnF charts are work in progress... ;)

Attachments

• DAX_PNF3.GIF
    DAX_PNF3.GIF
    47.3 KB · Views: 73
11070 is an important area for the dax. a sustained break and I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing 11200 area today/next week. a dump now could spell trouble...Wedge pattern forming.See 1 hour. can't post chart

Short 1068, S BE, limit 20 points

bah don't much like this trendless scalping malarkey out :)

10:00 EU - Final CPI y/y, GDP q/q & Core CPI y/y numbers coming out. :idea:

Nice 100 point rally from that pivot 10985 pivot. Dax was in a tight range so it could have gone either way. Hope you all got some :)

We now know that if that breaks, dax is in mighty trouble. Dax still right on top of that wedge. Hopefully we'll see price squeeze again just before 10am

Minor downtrend forming on 1 min , price getting squeezed again on 5 mins. Breakout time before Green tea and protein shake.

range is now squeezed on spx
2 days data

c
ri96ro.gif

could go either way
trend is up last signal was bearish
breakout and trend supp in 2072 area

Concur with the squeeze on both SPX and DAX actually.

After the big range ATR swings what we are seeing is unusual. Perhaps it's the summer lul.

DAX still looking bullish and holding PP-0 @ 11041. Thinking it's going to oscillate 11020-70...

SPX is looking TA bullish too. That move & long pin bar on the 12th is like wow. But I'm still not convinced of the rises. We need a good proper test of 2040/50 & 2000s imo. Come on ye bears... (n)