FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Godmorgen (Danish) :cool:

DAX - Weekly - Daily n 4H Charts - PP Levels.

Drilling down looking at the big picture and closing in on the levels. I really feel we are at the blow-up phase. No apologies for the messy Gann lines.

Weekly chart shows it well. Dax struggling to break above 11800. 12000 Likely to be an even bigger test. We are above PP @ 11557 on weeklies so I'd say we are still in upward bull run with some consolidation.

Daily chart shows PP @ 11740 along with Gann R line. DAX doesn't look like it's able to get over it. :-0

If it turns then I PP levels similar to your numbers.

PP - @ - 11740
PP-S1 @ 11676
PP-S2 @ 11605
PP-S3 @ 11541

On the upside 11810 to breach. Not sure what's in the pipeline to take it there?

Feeling grizzly - favour shorts. No surprises there... :)

Attachments

• DAX_W_150721_0855.GIF
    DAX_W_150721_0855.GIF
    37.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DAX_D_150721_0855.GIF
    DAX_D_150721_0855.GIF
    46.8 KB · Views: 75
  • DAX_4H_150721_0855.GIF
    DAX_4H_150721_0855.GIF
    30.1 KB · Views: 77
SPX - 4H Charts - PP Levels...

Negative divergence with MACD and holding PP @ 2128 for now.

Big news tonight with AAPL and MSFT reporting. Morgan Stanley and IBM earnings no great surprise.

If Apple watches tank out as expected and China tighten belt for iPhone 6 and numbers not as great than I really think the over priced Apple will be inward looking to its core. Really tempted to put in a short on AAPL might just take a punt nearer the time depending on vibes. 132 is a hyped up silly price imo.

Re: SPX range is 2142 - 2113. Will maintain short bias. Thinking we should test 2123 / 2118, but the market seems to have lost that loving feeling towards me. There is always Heineken to catch my falls so I'm good.

If yesterday's trade at 2128 doesn't go anywhere today I'll be looking to close before COB.

:)

Attachments

• SPX_4H_150721_sod.GIF
    SPX_4H_150721_sod.GIF
    36 KB · Views: 80
11720 as we marked
i just feel that 11687 needs a test
no signal as yet
there is a definite minor downtrend on 1 minute..with 11720 supp area

Last edited:
Other stuff...

Asia just about up. EU markets just about down.

Not much movement.

fwiw My outlook on markets today is :whistling

tumbleweed.jpg

Euro on the rise. 1.0800s held as expected.

Inverse moves on DAX v Euro :idea:

Currency wars still very much with us.

Bear in mind that strong dollar likely to be reflected in poor earnings so we may see the expected drops on US indeces.

I appreciate you guys are scalpers but beware of the bigger picture so to speak. :idea:

The disparity between the large caps and the rest of the market is growing. For a short period of time it’s fine, but eventually it matters.
And a few indicators are starting to not support the market’s attempt to move up.
Here’s one. The Nasdaq (top pane) vs. Nasdaq New Highs – New Lows. The Nas hit another new high yesterday, but new highs – new lows clocked in at -14. Why aren’t more individual stocks hitting new highs? Or why are so many falling to new lows? It doesn’t make sense given the trend and current Nasdaq level.
Here’s another. The S&P 500 (top) vs. 52-week lows at the NYSE. Why are new lows expanding while the market moves up? The S&P is about 85 points off its low, and the number of stocks falling to new lows is increasing?
I need to look deeper into these charts. At the very least we need “operating companies only” versions. Or perhaps the high number of new lows is commodities such as gold, silver, copper, etc and not anything we need to be overly concerned with.
The trend is up, but I want to see better support.
from Jason Levitt

SPX Short from yesterday now in the money by +2 pip move yay.

Going no where but +/- 5 pips approximately. It's like frozen there.

SPX on 1 hr charts looks ripe for OCO based on narrowing BB...

Basically average weekly ATR for SPX in 2015 is 46 pips/week. Considering two big earning announcements yesterday hardly moved.

Very strange market. Tumbleweeds :whistling

I'm almost expecting to see zombified companies come out of the woodworks with dismal earnings report. Yep I know, I'm biased. :cheesy:

Attachments

• SPX_1H_150721_BB_OCO.GIF
    SPX_1H_150721_BB_OCO.GIF
    27.3 KB · Views: 78