FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

SPX - 4H Daily Chart - PP Levels

Showing similar breakout pattern from sideways move to DOW. Next target to reach is 2114 - PP-R1. As with the Dax and Dow expecting a pull back to PP @ 2087 before move forward again.

I think markets should tread water and wait for response from Greek Parliament. We've had a few surprises and the real hard work as they say starts now.

Wednesday along with Yelen speel will be a BIG day... :)

Attachments

• SPX_4H_150714_sod.GIF
    SPX_4H_150714_sod.GIF
    30.4 KB · Views: 151
JPM reporting today
usd retail numbers
Mark Carney speaking..he is entering Mary Berry"s bake off next wek

that minor downtrend posted on 1 min chart of dax working well
needs to take out 11406
the minor downtrend we talked about on spx 5 min looks to break 2099
well defined horizontal res at 11468
11424 from yesterday holding

Last edited:
Other stuff...

Some news today but key will be tomorrow with Yelen speel and Greek Parliament vote.

Thursday we have the ECB. So bizi bizi week.

China down again I suspect because of Morgan Stanley analsyt suggesting so. Not sure I agree with all he says. "China has been the single biggest contributor to growth." I don't think so.

They will not tip the global economy into recession no. What a load of rubbish. US and EU will do that. China supplies West consumes. Balance has not changed just yet. China only now just moving to a consumption / demand led economy. Not there at all.

Gold and Oil after Iran deal is on downward path again. I think falls for gold are limited but Oil may now need to find a new level. Can start with $50 for now and see if it stabilises around there. Difficult to judge. I believe weakness in gold will be bought up. So much money printing going on and currency wars, that sooner or later it's going to come to head.

Rates on the rise imo. They can't fall any more can they? Also have a feeling inflation should start feeding into real economies but got this wrong before.

fwiw I feel risks are now higher than ever before so for the markets to make HH highly unlikely. Still a bear on indeces and oil whilst having long bias on gold and cable.

gbp jjust pumped..any reason ??
Carney talked about rates... i think
he did that last summer

Last edited:
Cable's very spritely before Carney speech :)

On DAX 11420 is very strong also supported by PP @ 11400

Don't see it amounting to much. I think we'll edge sideways until tomorrow and perhaps Thursday we'll see new levels.

Slow day indeed. :sleep:

into the open

14slcv7.gif

spx 30 min data
shows the breakout that started last Friday
we either break higher or bulls get tested
2097 and 2094 areas first
chart is pretty bullish
no real sign of a change in trend as yet

dax
same boat

2yum7ib.gif

shows the uptrend that started last Thursday
11400-11429 a big area of support
in that area now
lets see if it holds

SPX - No movement.

Still in LH regions and it will need to take out PP-R2 @ 2128 before serious moves to be considered.

Thinking the same as before - sideways moves around PP point regions for all three.

Attachments

• SPX_D_150714_1430.GIF
    SPX_D_150714_1430.GIF
    27.6 KB · Views: 134