FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Unexpected pop.closed my long from that 11180 area 5 mins before hand. And took a short. Luckily had a stop loss @ 20 points. The market ehh

Positively a strong up day.

R3 reached @ 11280.

SPX storming passed 2100.

Gold my risk barometer is also up and doesn't bode well with strong uplift.
Yields are down too.
Oil is coming back down from 62 rejection.
Euro is hovering betwene 1.13

Interesting times :rolleyes:

Can I ask where did you get the P n F indicator for MT4??

Cheers

I am testing the Cute P&F indicator for Mt4.

The 2nd* chart in the attachments is set to BoxSize 21 and Reversal 2; the 1st* one is set to BoxSize 7 and Reversal 2.

I am observing the possible gearing between the two setups.

The indicator allows drawing of up to 4 trend-lines; however they need to be named within the parameters in order for no skewing to occur when chart behind the P&F moves.

Another good function is the time display of the turning points.

The horizontal blue and red lines are up and down (+-10 pips) projections from the previous days US close.

I'll try to keep you all updated on my findings.

Cheers mate, but its not Pivots I was enquiring about but P n F chart indicator.

thanks anyway.

Arrr... you want Mr Dentist then as he is the resident expert on that one.

I don't understand PnF charts other than the intuitive basics... :rolleyes:

Arrr... you want Mr Dentist then as he is the resident expert on that one.

I don't understand PnF charts other than the intuitive basics... :rolleyes:

Yes indeed Dentist posts are really good.
I am very grateful to Dentist for the work he puts and freely shares it with us all.
After looking at his P&F charts I have revisited P&F charting with a much greater enthusiasm,
Got the recommended book, and have read it.
I have been considering getting the Bull's eye charting software, (so far very likely the best one for small traders) but already running few charting packages atm, so for the time being I will try this indicator running on MT4 and see how I am doing. I already use MT4, in adition to Pro real, DT6 and GFT charting, CMC IMO is very basic, and so are few other platform based charting packages.
So far I am reasonably happy with that P&F indicator, though it is limited compared with Bull's eye, on the positive sight I do not need any data feed, as it runs on normal MT4 charts.
Time will tell how useful I will find it.
Good trades to all,
2be

Yes indeed Dentist posts are really good.
I am very grateful to Dentist for the work he puts and freely shares it with us all.
After looking at his P&F charts I have revisited P&F charting with a much greater enthusiasm,
Got the recommended book, and have read it.
I have been considering getting the Bull's eye charting software, (so far very likely the best one for small traders) but already running few charting packages atm, so for the time being I will try this indicator running on MT4 and see how I am doing. I already use MT4, in adition to Pro real, DT6 and GFT charting, CMC IMO is very basic, and so are few other platform based charting packages.
So far I am reasonably happy with that P&F indicator, though it is limited compared with Bull's eye, on the positive sight I do not need any data feed, as it runs on normal MT4 charts.
Time will tell how useful I will find it.
Good trades to all,
2be

What was the recommended book?

I have more time now so can read it. :)

Did you read the recent book review one on T2W? I'll go and have a look at that thread now. :idea:

What was the recommended book?

I have more time now so can read it. :)

Did you read the recent book review one on T2W? I'll go and have a look at that thread now. :idea:
"The definitive guide to point and figure" by Jeremy Du Plessis
It was Dentist that recommended this book to me, alongside other useful insights.
Amazon shall have that book, I got the 2nd edition.
Will read the book review. Also have read what Dentist have written in Articles section.

a pump or a dump
30 min data

28cddtk.gif

Reaching up to 11303 at the mo.

fwiw I have following numbers...

R3 - 11535
R2 - 11395
R1 - 11305
PP - 11165
S1 - 11025
S2 - 10800
S3 - 10660

Looks like a strong breakout from BBs to the upside right now.

13:30 US Core retails sales and other numbers coming out.

Grin-eu looking favourable.

(y)

Last edited: