FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

100 point drop
we had the top nailed

Sadly only caught a fifth of that move. Must try harder... :(

Could have had another 2 scalps but I think I did well to stand back. :)

Mr Draghi did well not to drop a clanger too. (y)

Every single moved missed. What a disaster. Panicked by trying to take a position pn phone and wham another loss. Disastorous. Really need to be at the computer all day to be successful at this. The irony being my most profitable days have been when I've had the day off from work

Every single moved missed. What a disaster. Panicked by trying to take a position pn phone and wham another loss. Disastorous. Really need to be at the computer all day to be successful at this. The irony being my most profitable days have been when I've had the day off from work

Better to err on the side of caution CT. Well done imo.

Market will always be there with opportunities. You may miss a train but there'll always be another sooner or later. (y)

if you do your homework premarket and have a supp/res map
then just trade the breaks
i can do it all using an 11 inch hp stream laptop..i need windows to look at bullseye p/f...then a samsung galaxy tab 10 inch for the donkey work

Yes you're right both. Can't carry a 10 inch tablet round work though lool would look very weird.

And yes, I've started pretty much trading those breaks this week, have been very very profitable as you've seen. The times I've lost this week have been when I've traded like my old self - i.e just following the market. Bummer.

When you say trade the breaks, just so I'm clear - what do u mean?

the 8 inch samsung is just as good
i quite often put trades on from pret a manger/Costa or Nero

breakouts

Nah I get that. But as do mean when it rallies like it has done today, identify an area of resistance and short and via versa. Or do you mean when price is building up at a resistance level long? And vis versa at support levels?

That's my understanding and that how I've pretty much been trading for the past week

you are buying the rallies and shorting from a pre identified possible res areas ...like today
thing is..you cannot have any bias..you just go with the trend
p/f..you have to forget what your bias is and go with the flow