FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Market is trading in range so far.. no clear direction...we need a breakout at 11880 area for nice swing long...

Starting from Monday DAX is trading between 11750 and 11880... that has to be resolved....otherwise its all oscillator trading....overbought sell... oversold... buy..

technically long was at 11750 which I missed. :whistling

Yep agree.

Looking at the 15m / 1H charts BBand just moving along in a range 11750-850

Good move up from 12:30 onwards. I can't help feeling it's still going to try for 12000+ again.

Next short time frame move however, looks like a small drop for now.

Market simply doesn't want to drop. Bad numbers still good news. :whistling

DOW is same as well... since 14th MAY trading between 18220 and 18350 area..

Attachments

• DOW_21MAYV2.jpg
    DOW_21MAYV2.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 150
DOW is same as well... since 14th MAY trading between 18220 and 18350 area..

Going to step away again until Draghi's speel tonight. Markets just idling before engine chokes spluttering to a stalling messy oil leak and silence.

Imminent market failure pending...

This is how I perceive a controlled market shutdown sequence as we go into new uncharted areas of the numbers game...

Enjoy...

Last edited:
Watching:
WTI Oil about to enter sell / resistance point @ 61. Currently 60.80.

Entered:
DOW Sell Limit Order @ 18360, SL @ 18560

Watching:
WTI Oil about to enter sell / resistance point @ 61. Currently 60.80.

Entered:
DOW Sell Limit Order @ 18360, SL @ 18560

Hi

Your stop loss on DOW is quite big 200 points? do you keep these position open for multiple days? in above case are you willing to take loss of 200points if it goes against you?

I m just learner hence so many question for you !!!

Hi

Your stop loss on DOW is quite big 200 points? do you keep these position open for multiple days? in above case are you willing to take loss of 200points if it goes against you?

I m just learner hence so many question for you !!!

Hi NP,

I don't have hard and fix rule and look at three factors; TA, FA and news releases.

If I look at PivotPoint R2 it's at 18400. Previously around March it failed to breach 18300. So we are at current market highs and resistance level which is also a round number. On the weekly charts MACD v Price has a mega-long divergence.

Fundamentals are not good as most equities over valued with not much earning potential and saturated markets. China, Europe and Emerging countries facing issues.

The news is to & fro and I feel markets have the jitters re: rate hike move. Not much certainty but quite the opposite.

Target area is 17800s so R:R approx 1:2

I think the market may move to 17400 but 17500 would take some big bull run. I can't see any big news coming to cheer the bulls but as mentioned squeaky bum time with rate hikes.

The DOW can move quite a bit in a day. If you look at last 4/5 days there is anything from 100-300 trading range. I do not wish to place a 30-50 SL and get taken out.

It would be good idea to develop a systematic SL based on past trading ATRs and R:R but that's work in progress.

I'm trying to catch the big fall so risking a little more at the top. Sadly, last three trades ended up being scalps then good runs.

These are my reasons, thus risking couple of hundred ticks.

(y)

thanks

Hi NP,

I don't have hard and fix rule and look at three factors; TA, FA and news releases.

If I look at PivotPoint R2 it's at 18400. Previously around March it failed to breach 18300. So we are at current market highs and resistance level which is also a round number. On the weekly charts MACD v Price has a mega-long divergence.

Fundamentals are not good as most equities over valued with not much earning potential and saturated markets. China, Europe and Emerging countries facing issues.

The news is to & fro and I feel markets have the jitters re: rate hike move. Not much certainty but quite the opposite.

Target area is 17800s so R:R approx 1:2

I think the market may move to 17400 but 17500 would take some big bull run. I can't see any big news coming to cheer the bulls but as mentioned squeaky bum time with rate hikes.

The DOW can move quite a bit in a day. If you look at last 4/5 days there is anything from 100-300 trading range. I do not wish to place a 30-50 SL and get taken out.

It would be good idea to develop a systematic SL based on past trading ATRs and R:R but that's work in progress.

I'm trying to catch the big fall so risking a little more at the top. Sadly, last three trades ended up being scalps then good runs.

These are my reasons, thus risking couple of hundred ticks.

(y)

Thanks for detail eexplanation. Good luck with your trade

Hmmmm IMHO

The more you trade now ...more you lose...

If you want to trade then take a stand and position any side like Atilla....you lose or win only one trade....

lots of news from ECB tomorrow
shall be very eventful day,
Unfortunately I got an unhelpful mid term bias which I shall ignore, it is not always easy.:LOL:
Dax is printing a daily a doji, and so is dow.
Pleasant evening to all,
2be

Do you mean this spot with the X?

I tried to look into wave theory but found it beyond me.

But I do think the highs and the lows with pullbacks have something going for it.

Going to be a busy day indeed and just jotting down times and making notes... Three shreddies for me tomorrow... (y)

Addenda: I'm thinking of having a few punts on BB breakouts from 15min channels wiht OCO limit orders. I think this is something you also looked at once upon a time, if I recall correctly?

Attachments

• DP-1.GIF
    DP-1.GIF
    12.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Reactions: 2be
Good Morning everyone.....

Direction has not resolved yet..

Seems like DOW short call..at looking into last 2 to 3 days pattern..