ForexMorningTrade System

Mark has posted results for yesterday and today, changing yesterday from a win to a loss.

23th September – SHORT
Entry: 1.5650
SL: 1.5690
P/L: - 40 pips

24th September – SHORT
Entry: 1.5669
SL: 1.5709
P/L: - 40 pips

I am glad you corrected me, because Mark got the same fill I did. I am even gladder that Mark is keeping an accurate journal.

Excellent, I just saw that. I've been wondering all weekend ''how did Marc get +40pips for the 24th? He must be paying no spread". My MT4 dropped out just at the time it touched the TP but didn't execute, otherwise I would have manually closed the trade and taken 38pips or so. But by the time the server came back on it was almost back at break-even. Scary how fast it moves sometimes!
MT4 doesn't allow 'execute if touched' orders, does it? A pity as it could make the system more profitable.
So a break-even week (except for me 'cos I couldn't take Monday's trade. Oh well)
(y)

Hey guys - just thought I'd say good morning from the dark and wet morning here in England!

I've just bought Mark's system last week and got myself set up on a demo account with SmartLive Markets who do spread betting through MT4. I've set up the EA using the settings that Mark advises are the best in his pdf instructions:

SL: 40
PT: 80
BE: 24
Trailing Stop: 40

Can anyone tell me whether these are the settings they use and whether I should think about changing them at all?

I'm in a buy trade this morning which opened at 15825.3 - does that match the trade you all got a signal for today?

I will just stick to the original strategy - TP 40 and SL 40. The trailing stop(24 pips) doesn't work very well for me on Oanda platform.

Hey guys - just thought I'd say good morning from the dark and wet morning here in England!

I've just bought Mark's system last week and got myself set up on a demo account with SmartLive Markets who do spread betting through MT4. I've set up the EA using the settings that Mark advises are the best in his pdf instructions:

SL: 40
PT: 80
BE: 24
Trailing Stop: 40

Can anyone tell me whether these are the settings they use and whether I should think about changing them at all?

I'm in a buy trade this morning which opened at 15825.3 - does that match the trade you all got a signal for today?

That's the entry we got, and I backtested those settings a few times, they do work well, but you must have patience to walk along through the losers and break evens. It is different than the basic settings and is best to look at performance over 2 months, if you just are a set and leave kind of guy. good luck and welcome!

I will just stick to the original strategy - TP 40 and SL 40. The trailing stop(24 pips) doesn't work very well for me on Oanda platform.

Thanks for the advice Red. In what way does it not work? Is it that the system doesn't yield as many pips this way or is it a technical issue of the trailing stop being executed?

That's the entry we got, and I backtested those settings a few times, they do work well, but you must have patience to walk along through the losers and break evens. It is different than the basic settings and is best to look at performance over 2 months, if you just are a set and leave kind of guy. good luck and welcome!

Thanks bluedancer - I'm hoping to be a 'set and leave it' kind of guy, as I tend to exit too early due to inexperience when trading my own system. Hopefully this system will allow me to have the discipline to leave it alone!

The price is inside a channel from the BRN 1.5800 and 1.5843... :confused:
Let's hope that it breaks out from the right side :clover:

Thanks for the advice Red. In what way does it not work? Is it that the system doesn't yield as many pips this way or is it a technical issue of the trailing stop being executed?

Hi britishbull,

My trade was closed when the high of GBP/USD is only 1.5839 and fall short of 24 pips for trailing stop. I do not quite understand how this trailing stop works. :( My entry to long for today was 1.5825 with 35 TP and 35 SL.