ForexMorningTrade System

Account # 1 with Old FMT settings: 3 April Losses
Account # 2 with New FMT settings: BE for April

Hi - I've just bought the FMT manual, and would like to manually trade it using IG index charts - if anyone else is doing this I'd appreciate a PM to make sure I have set up the charts the right way -

Thanks

Hi Noviceuk, I'm live trading with IG at the moment but taking FMT signals from ThinkForex demo account. I use standard FMT settings 35/40/20+5 so enter a trade as indicated with IG then go back in to edit trade by changing it to trailing stop with a distance of 15 and step of 45, which seems to work OK unless there is a very fast moving candle against me, when they may not fill my exit quick enough as trailing stops with IG are not gauranteed. Hope to soon be setting up another live account with SLM as well.

I opened 2 trades on 2 GU charts and the EA only set the SL and TP for one trade. I am using different Magic Numbers. Has anyone experienced this before?

hi uberpips
i had exactly the same problem!!! was wondering if anyone else had that... seems alittle scary to not have max SL/TL in place. But the trades seem to get closed out per EA settings though i cant confirm that because i closed out some as soon as i realized that hours later. and its happened to me twice already. (there was once that was fine though) Only happens when you activate EA for same time on 2 different charts with different settings and magic numbers.

biggreycat

hi uberpips
i had exactly the same problem!!! was wondering if anyone else had that... seems alittle scary to not have max SL/TL in place. But the trades seem to get closed out per EA settings though i cant confirm that because i closed out some as soon as i realized that hours later. and its happened to me twice already. (there was once that was fine though) Only happens when you activate EA for same time on 2 different charts with different settings and magic numbers.

biggreycat

I talked to Mark and sent him my log file but there was nothing in it for that time. Check yours. Maybe you have some error messages in {metatarder directory}/experts/logs. Nice to see the error is reproducible! Send Mark and email and we will get to the bottom of it. Cheers. (y)

Lots of economic news coming up today- not so sure about this one...

Just got to stick to the rules. It is in my opinion finely balanced.
What would confirm a short to me over the FMT indicators is the 40ma in 15m chart is declining.
What might oppose that is the price is ABOVE the 63 hour EMA in 1 hour chart, which might be construed as an upwards trend. We had a situation Tuesday where it went down at Europe/London opening and shook out the stop losses on longs at just below the previous day's low. Could happen again.
Good luck guys

Last edited:
I talked to Mark and sent him my log file but there was nothing in it for that time. Check yours. Maybe you have some error messages in {metatarder directory}/experts/logs. Nice to see the error is reproducible! Send Mark and email and we will get to the bottom of it. Cheers. (y)

An alternative suggestion would be to download a 2nd Platform of the same BROKER
Just remember to name the Path a different name Ie:
Meta Trader - Alpari Uk and then the next :
Meta Trader - Alpari UK (1) -- or something like that. Then open one chart in each platform and attach EA to each chart -- this should work -- without having go change magic numbers.