Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice trade temp. You went long against the trend. Im interested to know how you called that. If you just look at a chart it seems very hard to call that as a turning point of any kind. Thanks

i was just playing the previous bounce point circled.
It was quite a relentless move down. I didn't really expect much from the bounce considering that they'd driven the price all the way down again from a point that had been both a resistance level (if you go back to yesterday afternoon) and a support level, although i though it'd give some kind of reaction.

I possibly would have never taken the trade tho if it wansn't for the good morning i had!
Bit naughty. not strictly one of my setups, but im only human!

Attachments

• 6E 03-10  04_03_2010 (60 Min).jpg
    6E 03-10 04_03_2010 (60 Min).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 126
Nice trade temp. You went long against the trend. Im interested to know how you called that. If you just look at a chart it seems very hard to call that as a turning point of any kind. Thanks

Julian

Whats your exact money management system?Two trades,10 pip stop ,move to b/e after 10 and close 1?What is the success rate like?

Please detail.

O D T

I dont have an exact plan, but I generally move to B/e if it slow down after about 10-15 pips.I then take of 1/2 or a 1/3 depending on what Ive risked and how I feel. If its a straight line up or downthen I will go for at least 25 pips.
I dont keep exact records any more but I assumeabout 40 of my trades are +10 or more.A look over the trades Ive posted here should confirm that
I used to keep every record and accounts going,but what was the point when I kept losing. I used to read every book going,read every site etc,etc.I still didnt make any money.
As ive said all that really matteres in a good method and good money managemnet.
As youve seen I can have several losing trades and then 1 big one repays all my loses. I dont post every trade on here as I try to be selective and show results. The 10 pip trades cover my needs every week and the bigger moves pay for hols etc.Well thats the plan anyway

G M

Aud/yen long 80.49 , stop 80.04

Usd /yen is strong , and aud/usd is holding.Very nice reversal overnight on 5m

Yen weakness after Greece problems being solved.

Here is trade on my swing fundamental strategy

Long usd/yen 89.05
Long eur/yen 121.55
Long Aud/yen 80.49

Stop 200 pips on all.

Last edited:
Long dax 5820 stop 45

Return to trendline on 5 min started on march 3

Dax inside bar on dailies ,stochastics high,momentum upwards .

Last edited:
eu short triggered 1.3600, now trailed at 3617. GU & EU both stuck in previous ranges.

eu short triggered 1.3600, now trailed at 3617. GU & EU both stuck in previous ranges.

I think we are on an uptrend on euro and at the bottom of the channel.Also Dax and aud/yen set up

Attachments

• e uptrend.bmp
    960.7 KB · Views: 83
  • dax uptr.bmp
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 99
  • aud yen.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 101
I think we are on an uptrend on euro

I would definately agree however should the channel snap then it could well result in a test of the lows. Whilst the channel is holding nicely for the moment. Although we're sitting slap bang in the middle of the weeks highs and lows and having difficulties with 136 which would need to be taken out with conviction to head to the weeks highs...

(y)

I would definately agree however should the channel snap then it could well result in a test of the lows. Whilst the channel is holding nicely for the moment. Although we're sitting slap bang in the middle of the weeks highs and lows and having difficulties with 136 which would need to be taken out with conviction to head to the weeks highs...

(y)

Euro usd has had two violent reversals from 1.3450 , so any attempt to sell lower is going to be costly.

Buy stop after non farm payrolls +30 mins , 1.3650