Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find it difficult to see how such a strategy could would over the long run

Markets constantly change which is why canned EA's won't work over time. This set-up probably works at this point in time so abuse it until it stops working. There's a lot of trader physcology that makes these types of set-ups work. It's from Boris Schlossberg & Kathy Lien, two respected names in the industry so there's probably some merit to it.

Peter

I can't see any merit in it because ranges can eat trades up with this type of strategy. I could perhaps see such a strategy work in a pure Market but it's longevity wouldn't last as counter strategies such as the turtle soup would arise to negate it's success

I can't see any merit in it because ranges can eat trades up with this type of strategy. I could perhaps see such a strategy work in a pure Market but it's longevity wouldn't last as counter strategies such as the turtle soup would arise to negate it's success

I agree over the long term. There's always traders looking to fade these strategies which is why they eventually get negated. Personally, I wouldn't use it because I like much smaller stops. Still, it's interesting to me and if it works for now then why not use it if you don't mind the large stops. When it stops working then use another strategy.

Peter

Getting late and I'm tired...

exit 1/2 @ 82.00 +7
stop to 82.14 for 2nd half, target 81.90

off to bed.

re short eur/gbp at .8738 sl 15

last trade 2nd 1/2 closed at b/e,try again,line still good

2nd half of at +49

really pissed of my eur/usd was taken out by a pip and then 100 pip move in my direction,the following two charts will show why

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 132