Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like you lot are still doing pretty good in here with the live calls.
I've taken a back seat at the moment - will look to rejoin you at some point.

Last 2 days oil trading:

What method ,stop and target do you use ?

I use 35 pip stop , but that is not enough because it makes 50 cent moves within minutes.A 100 cent is more appropriate and less likely to be hit.If I had used 100 cent stop over the last few days , I would have had 6 more profitable trades .Small stops are more likely to be hit .

I am probably going to change to a 100 pip stop with minimum target of 45 , with a mental stop close out if direction/set up changes.

Last edited:
What method ,stop and target do you use ?

I use 35 pip stop , but that is not enough because it makes 50 cent moves within minutes.A 100 cent is more appropriate and less likely to be hit.If I had used 100 cent stop over the last few days , I would have had 6 more profitable trades .Small stops are more likely to be hit .

I am probably going to change to a 100 pip stop with minimum target of 45 , with a mental stop close out if direction/set up changes.

I try to find price action setups that required tight(ish) stops on oil. It can be very very volatile though. A typical stop is about 25c but ill sometimes close it early if it looks like ive picked a bad one. I try to let the winners run - If you are on the right side of an oil run just once, it makes up for quite a few stop outs.
I mainly just use price action on a tick chart and a 5 minute chart.
I also must say that these last few days have been particularly good for me on oil. It's certainly not the norm and them results are not typical for me, unfortunately! Good luck