Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i see..i contemplated looking at coffee/cocoa etc..as my methodology is "supposed" to work for any instrument in any time frame..But I find the spreads too much and my charting package only provides contracts (no continuous) so I can never look at the longer TF.

I know where your coming from, I trade the FTSE as well, and my set up works ok on that albiet using a lower tick count. I am looking at coffee etc like yourself, mainly as a longer term opportunity, and just testing it out for now

you guys are cleaning up. topp stuff
of my trend calls its now only 12 out of 17. doesnt look too bad but not much ahead as some of them only got a few pips

set first target at + 40 as got to go out.one big move bp and ill be back in favour again.
weve cleared the thread today

I'm going to do what I've been putting off, and learn how to properly backtest strategies. So far I've been trading on some very simple things I've noticed from watching charts. I have a psychological adversion to putting in the work and not making money. That has to change. So I'm getting a forex tester program and going to hash out a formalized plan, and try to get a handle on expectancy, R:R, the confidence to let winners run, and all that. So I havent been trading for a few weeks.

Having said that........Not live calls, so i appologize for that. But I saw the opportunities and took them.
I'll be back on regularly when I can get a few glitches worked out in the sysytem.

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 120
  • eu.jpg
    eu.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 120
I'm going to do what I've been putting off, and learn how to properly backtest strategies. So far I've been trading on some very simple things I've noticed from watching charts. I have a psychological adversion to putting in the work and not making money. That has to change. So I'm getting a forex tester program and going to hash out a formalized plan, and try to get a handle on expectancy, R:R, the confidence to let winners run, and all that.

I assume this Would this require you to be able to write code?

settled for + 50,dont know why just dont want to be over exposed and wanted my earlier pips lost back

I assume this Would this require you to be able to write code?

Uhm, I sure hope not. I was planning on getting forex tester 2 and start backtesting different swing trading strategies. I've made a few good calls on here, but I've never tried to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. I'm using micro lots and there is a fundamental flaw with my trading/psychology. I have a very hard time letting my winners run. That's a path to ruin. I'm hoping backtesting will help me dial in entries, exits, and take profits.

Uhm, I sure hope not. I was planning on getting forex tester 2 and start backtesting different swing trading strategies. I've made a few good calls on here, but I've never tried to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. I'm using micro lots and there is a fundamental flaw with my trading/psychology. I have a very hard time letting my winners run. That's a path to ruin. I'm hoping backtesting will help me dial in entries, exits, and take profits.

not sure why Flashearts post is in there... weird.

Uhm, I sure hope not. I was planning on getting forex tester 2 and start backtesting different swing trading strategies.

I dont know much about that software.
I just assumed that unless ones strategy is based on common, ready made indicators that all platforms have, as opposed to patterns in price or even custom indicators, then surely you'd need to be able to understand, read and write code?

This interests me because i'm in a similar situation.
In order to move on a little I need to further analyse my methodology, but I cant program/code at all, and that leaves me having to manually go through charts at a snails pace to get an idea of how best to manage my trades from a statistical point of view ('best' stop size, profit targets etc etc)