Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
USD weakness ahead of Bernanke speech?

someone is selling at 13866.. lets see for how long

was taken out overnight on gbp/nzd for abt 80pips loss after the recession talk by PM. but reinstated at higher level of 22000. This is now in my swing trade acct. I "hope" to earn 500pips from this trade. I took a loss also on aud/eur long per that commentary.
managed my eur/usd and gbp/yen longs by stop adjustments. Still in those trades Not in a hurry to close them for now. Euro gona break swing top towards 14000ish in the nearterm

Anyone here trading oil? Lots of action there lately.
If oil keeps going up I'll be trading just to finance my weekend driving habit.

Peter

Anyone here trading oil? Lots of action there lately.
If oil keeps going up I'll be trading just to finance my weekend driving habit.

Peter

i trade oil, gold and index

i trade oil the same as forex here is a trade from yesterday none today pete

pin bar off around Daily Pivot and try to ride it to R1
oil.gif

closed for +20

here is the usdjpy trade chart from earlier,

great pin bar around DP

i took an early exit but the move completed itself to S1

great triangle breakout aswell, you could have sold the retest also of the lower linejpy.gif

i trade oil, gold and index

i trade oil the same as forex here is a trade from yesterday none today pete

pin bar off around Daily Pivot and try to ride it to R1
View attachment 104380

how is gold and oil to trade? I tried both in the mid 90's and got burned badly every single time. 'course I wish I could have known where gold was headed back then..:eek:

how is gold and oil to trade? I tried both in the mid 90's and got burned badly every single time. 'course I wish I could have known where gold was headed back then..:eek:

to me they are the same to trade as everything else

you can trade anything once you have system and you stick to it

movements on the oil market can be a bit wilder so you have to get use to that

again everything is down to the person trading the system and not what they are trading and even the system they use :smart:

Reactions: DDI

They are geopolitical plays on the swing. Crude trades in ranges on the swing. Daytrade is ever interesting...buy/sell exhaustion in the direction of day direction. Keep an eye on CAD..not USd/CAD or CAD/CHF..just CAD index alone..they move roughly together. Crude delivers Pips instantly..if you are right !

I''ve tried trading gold and posted here but the results were less than impressive. The wide spread in gold (I get about 50 cents spread) doesn't really do well with my usual hit and run style. I did trade trade gold and oil proxies when I was trading equities via the ETF's. Penny spreads in those instruments made it much easier than trading the actual commodities.

Just my 2 cents!

Peter

I''ve tried trading gold and posted here but the results were less than impressive. The wide spread in gold (I get about 50 cents spread) doesn't really do well with my usual hit and run style. I did trade trade gold and oil proxies when I was trading equities via the ETF's. Penny spreads in those instruments made it much easier than trading the actual commodities.

Just my 2 cents!

Peter
Thanks. Oil still scares me lol, and gold's spread YEESH. Just like you said, bad.

They are geopolitical plays on the swing. Crude trades in ranges on the swing. Daytrade is ever interesting...buy/sell exhaustion in the direction of day direction. Keep an eye on CAD..not USd/CAD or CAD/CHF..just CAD index alone..they move roughly together. Crude delivers Pips instantly..if you are right !

Thanks, interesting about CAD. Ed Ponsi wrote in one of his books that the canadian economy was closely tied to commodities.