Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for advice on pivots. I believe it also depends on which data feed you use. There could be a big diffrerence so how can you guys trade reliably off them ? Looking back at the trades in question it could have meant another 20 pips to insure pivots were covered. But having said that its something I may need to add into my method once ive traded it for another month or so

Thanks for advice on pivots. I believe it also depends on which data feed you use. There could be a big diffrerence so how can you guys trade reliably off them ? Looking back at the trades in question it could have meant another 20 pips to insure pivots were covered. But having said that its something I may need to add into my method once ive traded it for another month or so

The pivot points might vary by a few pips but thats not an issue, think of them more as projected support/resistance zones and watch for what price does when it gets to them.

The pivot points might vary by a few pips but thats not an issue, think of them more as projected support/resistance zones and watch for what price does when it gets to them.

This is one of the most important aspects of FX trading, imho of course.

This is one of the most important aspects of FX trading, imho of course.

all valid points,but if i added in fib clusters and the days highs and lows all I would have would be 100s of lines accross the chart. Weekly pivots are probably more reliable. Ive never really looked at them in forex

one thing my method has taught me is that my entry points are of significance, the market always seems to stop there before further action

one thing my method has taught me is that my entry points are of significance, the market always seems to stop there before further action

yes it stops and turns around, your entry on ej yesterday was exactly where I started looking at going long, i've told you this before if you recall.

I wish you all the best with your trade but your method seems to be trying to catch the high/low of the day regardless of the trend which is why u r wrong footed so many times

your fighting the trend!!

Now don't get me wrong, when the market ranged during the asian session and then pops its head up to catch out the break out plays i'm sure old ma can catch a good chunk of the days move but you gotta filter out some of these signals your getting.

Just trying to help and if you think i'm out of line just say so and you wont hear another word out of me.

yes it stops and turns around, your entry on ej yesterday was exactly where I started looking at going long, i've told you this before if you recall.

I wish you all the best with your trade but your method seems to be trying to catch the high/low of the day regardless of the trend which is why u r wrong footed so many times

your fighting the trend!!

Now don't get me wrong, when the market ranged during the asian session and then pops its head up to catch out the break out plays i'm sure old ma can catch a good chunk of the days move but you gotta filter out some of these signals your getting.

Just trying to help and if you think i'm out of line just say so and you wont hear another word out of me.

your never out of line vince,your opinions are always welcome,please keep them comong.
Yes i am trying to catch the high or low of the day without taking anything else into consideration. In testing manually it worked well. Clearly there are things i can add in as time oes on. Im only 150 pips down at moment after 40 trades so I believe there is something there. The trend argument you put accross has little relevance imho as I will always be going with the immediate trend and often the longer term trend, although i can see why you say that. After about 100 trades if im still about level or behind,then its time to rethink.
Today there was a signal on the eur to buy at 1.3250 which would have meant long eur short gbp, both are currently ahead and yet you could say im going against thetrend in both or with the trend in both. time will tell

To be honest pivots rule my trading. No matter how many signals I get if it's nearing a major pivot then I won't take the trade. I've seen it bounce off too many times for it to be co-incidence.

It's also good to draw what I call pseudo pivot points, these are unexplained support and resistence points that establish themselfs throughout the day.

To be honest pivots rule my trading. No matter how many signals I get if it's nearing a major pivot then I won't take the trade. I've seen it bounce off too many times for it to be co-incidence.

It's also good to draw what I call pseudo pivot points, these are unexplained support and resistence points that establish themselfs throughout the day.

Eh? What's one of them then?