Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would I do that? Why do you think I'd have the time?

You're assuming (like many others, you're not alone) that there is a 'winning strat.' out there that you can shadow, er; "This time next year etc.."...

There are no tricks, there is no black magic at work. My strengths are my sound MM and (normally) but equally strong trading psyche. I trade off the most crucial levels there are in FX, where all the big players would (in theory) feast and make decisions; support, resistance, daily pivot, HH & LL of sessions, price failing to breach either of those in a session, volume, (tricky with FX), perhaps the 200 and 50 MA and big looming round(ish) numbers..wtf else is there? The itchyscratchy fookin raincloud, only brought alive seasonally by native American squaw dance? Jesus wept..:rolleyes:

you seem to spend enough time on T2W so time shouldnt be a problem and if its one setup you use then just start a thread with what it is with some examples.

Dont know why you think im assuming that there is a 'winning strat' I can shadow as I dont think like that

you seem to spend enough time on T2W so time shouldnt be a problem and if its one setup you use then just start a thread with what it is with some examples.

Dont know why you think im assuming that there is a 'winning strat' I can shadow as I dont think like that

So you're now telling me what I should do with my time and my trading time?

You're blind, not physically but in a cognitive sense. Again you're constantly looking to find fault, catch folk out, when there is nothing to hide. Losers? I've posted up plenty but you don't see them..brilliant.

Trendie asked for a few days results back to back a couple of weeks back, was happy to oblige, it was 3 days iirc, was it 450 pips, 12 trades, 8 winners 4 losers? Probably..

There's 3-4 regular posters on this thread who have stated they've learned from me, one who found my efforts inspirational, what have you taught anyone? Oh..'ang on a mo..you have actually...inadvertently you've taught me so much. Thanks. :D

er ive never claimed to teach anyone anything. Im not rying to catch people out just pointed out that a live thread should be a live thread and your trades should be in a journal to be viewed on there own .You have time to post here so it was a fair request by scotty. Surely you understand the point when I say we dont learn when you pop in claim 300+ per week and say you dont want them along with other boasts and inconsistancies in what you say. That is what i question

imagine the pressure and potential embarassment of posting LIVE trades after posting so many 'winning trades' in hindsight for so long where you can simply cherry pick winning trades. It ain't gonna happen.

imagine the pressure and potential embarassment of posting LIVE trades after posting so many 'winning trades' in hindsight for so long where you can simply cherry pick winning trades. It ain't gonna happen.

ive suffered 18 out of 22 losers on the trot, think ive had 8 winners in a row. I dont have a problem with him not calling live it can really affect your trading emotions

Surely you understand the point when I say we dont learn when you pop in claim 300+ per week and say you dont want them along with other boasts and inconsistancies in what you say. That is what i question

Ah..back to that tired over discussed reference including the royal (group) "we". Sigh...The short term/small TF pip gain was irrelevant when measured (at the time) in context and concert with my swing trading, I found it a distraction and on reflection I was no further on when measuring time> effort> profit...

Boast? Hmm...never done that, you're projecting your emotions..again. How you feel, at any given time re. others on this thread, is directly proportionate to the trading day you've had etc..You see me getting 150 pips for what you perceive as 15 minutes work in the morning session and it grates, "how can he do that, he must be faking it, I can't do it, why can someone else, perhaps he restarts his charts after every losing trade..yeah that's it, he cherry picks for his ego, I know, I'll pm someone and bitch..." Sorry Jules, I can't help you with that..you've got a battle of your own on your hands and in your own head..

Iconsistencies? Not sure on that, have consistently posted up the small TF trades I've taken over the past 2-3 weeks, as you recall I stated I was going to drop down to 1/2hr-1hr TFs during this period and be v.selective to hopefully contend with the different trading environment dictated to us by the market makers/movers..

Look at the lack of volume on my chart when I puked early on the cable trade, (the only trade that's flagged up for me today on the 2 pairs I've been singularly trading for the past 2-3 weeks), it gives me no confidence in my edge. But that will return once the new year is here and I revert back to swing and or position trading..

You can't do that on marketscope, you either show all of that days historic trades or none, I could be a cynic I suppose and say he went long/short at the same time and is hiding the open trade but I don't think its likely.

What I don't get is why it gets up everyone's nose so much, either ignore his charts or don't, why the constant badgering?

Flash asks for live calls on this thread and makes them himself and we have grown fond of the grumpy old git, but there seems to be a bit of a mob gathering...

Scotty,

I don't recall the last time you made a live call on this thread so why are you here putting the boot in?

What I don't get is why it gets up everyone's nose so much, either ignore his charts or don't, why the constant badgering?

Flash asks for live calls on this thread and makes them himself and we have grown fond of the grumpy old git, but there seems to be a bit of a mob gathering...

Scotty,

I don't recall the last time you made a live call on this thread so why are you here putting the boot in?

No I haven't posted a live trade in a while but I have and I read it from time to time and plan on making live calls again in the new year..

Apologies as the debate probably should be done in another thread.

When I first started, I read lots of claims of regular 20% monthly returns etc and so thought it was common. Now Im not so sure, so when I read someone claiming to do this and that we should be doing something else if we cant, I dont think its too much to ask for some backup to these claims or something to learn from.

He and FXBandit managed to get rid of a supposedly decent trader from T2W (WirralTrader). WT was posting live calls but they gave him so much abuse, he left.

I guess its nice to be refered to as a grumpy old git, a bit like the old pet dog sat in the corner by the fire.

We all have our own thoughts on various traders and issues within the thread but at the end of the day I want everyone to succeed and make a lot of money next year and every year after. If old mas method starts to work well then I will share it and help others as I have done in the past on this thread. The last 3 months have seen many new callers which can only be seen as good( although we never had arguments when it was just me,be positive and wackypete). I will always try and protect the thread as a live call thread because thats what it was set out to be and I will not apologise for that. People learn lots form the calls and charts posted, even if its what not to do. Long may it continue.
:)This is probably my last post of the year so I just want to wish you and all your loved ones a great and prosperous new year:)

No I haven't posted a live trade in a while but I have and I read it from time to time and plan on making live calls again in the new year..

When I first started, I read lots of claims of regular 20% monthly returns etc and so thought it was common. Now Im not so sure, so when I read someone claiming to do this and that we should be doing something else if we cant, I dont think its too much to ask for some backup to these claims or something to learn from.

He and FXBandit managed to get rid of a supposedly decent trader from T2W (WirralTrader). WT was posting live calls but they gave him so much abuse, he left.

My point still stands, if you think some one is full of crap, put them on ignore attacking them only derails the thread.

Those that think they can pick something up from his charts without been spoon fed can do so.

As for wirral, I'm not aware of that as I do not follow many threads but if others found him helpful then that's a shame.

ok this might be my last post. Wirral trader was ahead in his calls, but on closer inspection some of the calls and stop moves were very dubious as were his trades on spikes that he suddenly introduced.

My point still stands, if you think some one is full of crap, put them on ignore attacking them only derails the thread.

Those that think they can pick something up from his charts without been spoon fed can do so.

As for wirral, I'm not aware of that as I do not follow many threads but if others found him helpful then that's a shame.

yeah sure, but to decide whether to learn from them or if they are full of crap no harm in asking questions and then deciding;
it wasnt a witch hunt

Eh? Jeremy Lewis, (WT) was simply using the T2W forums as a platform to push his courses which he hosts a few miles down the road from me. He hosts a few traders/offers trading space, one of the mods on 'ere works from there in a converted barn in his house/grounds funnily enough.

His *experience* was not as he proported. He moved on from T2W because he didn't capture the interest he expected and if you attempt to follow his trades you'll get burnt; other than the fact he calls them when they're already 15-20 pips onside he'll adjust his stop from 50-150 to stay in the trade...or as he puts it "adjustment for temporary volatility" not good trading methods imo, in fact it's 5hite..

You want to follow him do it on twitter or mail him directly. He was (another) re-incarnated multi nic troll who annoyed me by spamming me a few times, then when he got my interest he couldn't stand up to rigorous questioning.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...-wirral-merseyside-cheshire-trading-room.html

http://twitter.com/wirraltraders

risky one,
long here 1.5386
20 pip stop

that was close!!!
as you can see, came within less than a pip of stopping me out!

cover here at 1.5417 for +31

Attachments

• rtrt.JPG
    rtrt.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 101
that was close!!!
as you can see, came within less than a pip of stopping me out!

cover here at 1.5417 for +31

+31 thats a bit more then u normally go for, and in such a thin market, what were you thinking:eek:

+31 thats a bit more then u normally go for, and in such a thin market, what were you thinking:eek:

dunno! Despite all the talk of the market being 'thin', I think its been moving around quite nicely.

The larger profit is more to do with some experimenting. I've noticed for a while that IF my method gets a winner, its often a decent sized winner, although I often close it quite quicky.
I want to see how my results are effected if I go for bigger winners.
I know ill obviously have occasions where i'll turn down a +15 and it will then reversly sharpy and stop me out and ill be kicking myself, but Im giving it a go for a while to see what happens....

dunno! Despite all the talk of the market being 'thin', I think its been moving around quite nicely.

The larger profit is more to do with some experimenting. I've noticed for a while that IF my method gets a winner, its often a decent sized winner, although I often close it quite quicky.
I want to see how my results are effected if I go for bigger winners.
I know ill obviously have occasions where i'll turn down a +15 and it will then reversly sharpy and stop me out and ill be kicking myself, but Im giving it a go for a while to see what happens....

ahh the old grass is always greener experiment...