Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the love of <insert preferred deity>, can anyone point to anywhere, on any TF, why you'd have shorted the EUR/USD so far today?

Dino, I doubled up long against my short as the uptrend is continueing. I will get my reversal, but in the mean time I've cast a "hedged grid" (not sure how else to explain it) and am trading the pullbacks within each pivot point using double sized longs, thus bringin in more money in correlation to the 2 losing short positions.

If we don't get the reversal then I can still close my losing shorts and out of the day in profit due to doubling up longs, however if the trend does reverse then I will be pips in with my shorts.

Got to say I absolutely love hedging, it's like having an undo button when a trade goes against you.

I take a simplier approach, when my stops hit I get out. I never double up or hedge a trade etc etc, I accept when I got wrong, take it on the chin, and move on to the next trade, aids to a good nights sleep.

190 pip range in eurusd today. For anyone interested, Moody's says current US tax package passing through congress will put US AAA credit rating in danger. That should cause plenty of havoc.

Peter

For the love of <insert preferred deity>, can anyone point to anywhere, on any TF, why you'd have shorted the EUR/USD so far today?

I went long first thing this morning... Puked well early for 47 pips and then thought oooh EU has gone up a long way, perhaps it'll reverse.. That was at around 1.3270 (dunno exactly as using phone app and crap 3g signal) with a stop at 1.3325 which I thought was safe....

Haaa hahahahahahaa dumb ass f***!

Best thing is, my hourly which tells me when we're trending has been pointing up since 8am :mad:

In summary... There have been no short signals for me today, I'm just too f*cking stupid to notice :)

Black Swan i shorted during the asian session when it was 1322 to 1318, thought it was going to continue to go down. Went to sleep, woke up in this mess.

I take a simplier approach, when my stops hit I get out. I never double up or hedge a trade etc etc, I accept when I got wrong, take it on the chin, and move on to the next trade, aids to a good nights sleep.

I think hedging gives you more chance to apply a risk assesment to the trades, whereby with a stop once your out it's over.

If you are 75% certain then why not split the risk between a hedge, then scalp the pullbacks in between.

Either way one trade will eventually loose but if you've been stopped out then your basically out of the game.

I'm aiming to get myself in a situation whereby I can click close all orders and be in profit, hedging seems the way forward for me. The more sure you are of the trend the more lots you can place to counter the previous, probability will take you into profit if you are using good indicators.

Everybodies got their own systems and I respect all traders points of view, but as a newbie I need to find my own path.

I think hedging gives you more chance to apply a risk assesment to the trades, whereby with a stop once your out it's over.

If you are 75% certain then why not split the risk between a hedge, then scalp the pullbacks in between.

Either way one trade will eventually loose but if you've been stopped out then your basically out of the game.

I'm aiming to get myself in a situation whereby I can click close all orders and be in profit, hedging seems the way forward for me.

We all do it differently, I'm happy with my way, just as you appear happy with your way, always many ways to make a pip or 2.

Limits and stop in place, I'm done for the day, off home, happy trading all.

Closed for +10 (1.3379)

Definately off now

Last edited:
yeah boy, all 3 TP's hit.

Looking to open new long at 1.33961, if she bounces off it then a big **** short. Resistence and pivot point here.

Last edited:
its one-way moves like this (100+ on EU, and a recent GU 100+) that gets you thinking you should hold on for big runs.
but you have to remind yourself these things may not happen as often as we think.

so, going for the 30 pippers for 10 days is better than the odd 100 pipper now and then.
anyway, thats what I'm posting through the tears of lost opportunities.

trendie I've been collecting little 30 pippers here and there, just got big gun hedges ever side of the range that's all.

it's looking like a reversal, possibly down to 1.3365, bit hard to call and not worth the pips. im waiting on that PIVOT.