Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
exit 2nd half @ 1.3872 +3
eu members all yapping about euro ahead of FOMC minutes. eur getting jittery

Peter

I'm 24, I study chemical engineering at the University of Birmingham in the UK. Now I've taken a year out to try my luck at forex. ATM I'm playing around with peanuts (~200 EUR) and looking for a day job so that I can save up some cash and properly fund my account. I've started trading almost 1 and a half years ago and shortly after that I decided that I will try to make a living out of it. Now I'm at a stage where I break even - not because I can't pick winners, but because when I lose or miss a good entry I tend to make silly revenge trades and give up all my hard earned profits instead of just walking away. Then I justify that by saying to myself that I'm only playing with peanuts. Today is a good example of that :D.

While developing my method I've read through Trader_Dante's thread, James16 thread and countless articles and forum threads. So far I'd say most of my profitable trades are bounces off of the more significant S/R levels - I draw my levels beforehand and when the price comes withing a few pips of the level I jump in without waiting for any confirmation, then I take my profits around 1:1 R:R and rely on a high strike rate to make profits. Another thing I do is add to sharp moves at a pullback to the nearest s/r level like with USD/CHF today, but with those kind of trades I still need to put some work in refining my entries and management later on.

What else.... I trade off of 15 min charts, but keep an eye on 1h and 4h. I don't use any indicators or moving averages but I do watch price action, mainly to adjust my stops and/or pull trades manually if I anticipate a reversal. I'll also trade the occasional pin bar, but only pins that occur in pullbacks and point to continuation of a trend.

Well AFK if you've managed to stay afloat on 200 euros then kudos to you. To break even in your first year would suggest you are close to taking the next step. In the years to come you will begin to understand yourself better and control your greed and fear. You'll also be happy to lose sometimes to keep you sharp. I lost 90 pips today on a a trade and I actually felt pleased with myself..why? I left my stop loss as it was and even when the price turned around on me I didnt raise an eyebrow. Days like this I pat myself on the back because I'm preserving my income with good RR. I aim to survive and that is my only aim. I too am from Birmingham btw!! Good luck with your trades.

stopped 2nd half as expected +5
wasn't willing to risk more.
Taking a break now. SO far it's been a good day. Be back for Aisan session trading a bit later!

Peter

likely...dollar is crapping out at the moment. Stay with it!

Peter

yep! logged on to see usd/chf still going. SL now at 0.9590 locking in 100 pips. Got the Fed minutes I was hoping for...

Guessing eur/usd is heading back to 1.4 which is good for my usd/chf sell

Swiss PPI not good at 0815 so closed position at 0.9576 for 114 pip profit (although I thought I closed at better). SL at 0.9590 would have been hit, although now resuming sell off.

Needed that nice third live trade after lots of missed opportunities, a frustrating BE first trade and the disaster aud/usd second trade.

looks like everyone has taken the day off ---- fwiw long gbp/usd @5878 stp 5862 trg 5894

Nope, missed my long entry on the Euro at approx. 7:50, also saw the big round number *knew* it would bounce of it...ah well...:rolleyes: Will humbly take what's offered up now, from my stats/data I should (on average) get 4/5 more small TF trading opps throughout the day...might not be availabe to take them though...