Exposed Scammers

I sent him a couple of emails (with no names mentioned) warning him to keep the thread on track, otherwise it would become a mess, like many others that I have read.

My interest in all this is, solely, to have a good read, without the lultz that seems so popular with some. I had no reason to believe, when I sent him those, that he was anyone other than a straightforward member with some trading ideas to share and discuss.

Anyway, I'm fed up with him, now, and am going to look at other threads! :)

Yes - I thought here was a fresh approach posting his trades and showing charts.Then I come back from a trip to the country and find another rascal unmasked. Took me a while, Thanks to PB and others tenacity, to see the real man behind the wizards curtain. But some good comes of it since I now look closer at the Dax for trading opportunities instaed of concentrating on forex. Well done PB et al.

Well, regardless of anything that transpired here there is at least one lesson that needs to be learned, and that is to not give anyone money through the forum for any reason, just because he/she demonstrates an ability to trade.

You may be personally embarrassed that you publicly supported the guy or whatever (which is fine; we all make mistakes), but at least you did not send him anything. It's a tough lesson with plenty of shame and humility to spare, but it's a good one.

Hopefully we'll all learn from this episode and have an eye out for next time. I think we can all do better. :)

I was looking for that user name elsewhere and couldn't find it. If he has that up and running now then he has most likely already PMed a lot of people here and moved them over to twitter knowing we were on his tail.

Similar to this guy at FF:

http://www.forexfactory.com/jacko

Long thread showing trades, then got subscriptions and cash from"Investors" and.....vanished:eek:

Seems the art is to eventually get the gullible to pass him cash

Well, regardless of anything that transpired here there is at least one lesson that needs to be learned, and that is to not give anyone money through the forum for any reason, just because he/she demonstrates an ability to trade.

You may be personally embarrassed that you publicly supported the guy or whatever (which is fine; we all make mistakes), but at least you did not send him anything. It's a tough lesson with plenty of shame and humility to spare, but it's a good one.

Hopefully we'll all learn from this episode and have an eye out for next time. I think we can all do better. :)

We already had an eye out for him, and spotted him. You and your mods did a fine job of suppressing the information, exactly like you did the last time he was here. Stop pretending this is something new that couldn't have been foreseen.

D30 should be awarded Ph.D. in psychology imho. He showed high understanding of the scientific method and behavioural science and applied it effectively in his thread.

Last edited:

What about the lesson of trusting the long term members rather than some newcomer? Will that be learned?

Similar to this guy at FF:

http://www.forexfactory.com/jacko

Long thread showing trades, then got subscriptions and cash from"Investors" and.....vanished:eek:

Seems the art is to eventually get the gullible to pass him cash

If you found out that James16 couldn't trade, would you be shocked? Or some other forum guru (I shouldn't pick on James16)? I wonder who will be next...because there aren't many left.

Yes - I thought here was a fresh approach posting his trades and showing charts.Then I come back from a trip to the country and find another rascal unmasked. Took me a while, Thanks to PB and others tenacity, to see the real man behind the wizards curtain. But some good comes of it since I now look closer at the Dax for trading opportunities instaed of concentrating on forex. Well done PB et al.

I just assumed the cat had been on your iPad befriending people.

If you found out that James16 couldn't trade, would you be shocked? Or some other forum guru (I shouldn't pick on James16)? I wonder who will be next...because there aren't many left.

It's you next Shakone - I bet secretly you valet cars for 10 quid a go in the evening while watching the Hang Seng on your factory unlocked HTC.

I'd say the day that Martinghoul is exposed as a lowly admin clerk at a Welsh call centre will be the day the forum should close.

Well we still have the multi award winning Mr Charts who incidentally has been very quiet since this all blew up.

:LOL: I have a life outside of t2w :LOL:

I must admit I thought Dax30 had some useful things to say though I simply didn't have time to read all the thread.
I also don't normally take part in witch hunts and group bullying, but I do think pb performs excellent duties sometimes and should be applauded generally.
But I didn't like the concept and actions of McCarthyism, even when he did discover Commies under the bed, and don't like to see people ganging up on someone.
Or anyone behaving in an extremist manner or mouthing innuendos.
I'm old fashioned enough to think innocent till proved guilty, but there is nothing wrong with suspicion and skepticism, but personally I prefer to remain open minded as long as possible
Richard (and yes that's my real name and I can easily be found in my signature! :LOL: )

If I was to say that I used Dax's system (or the one that he described in his first few pages) yesterday and today, and they netted me a lot of points, would I be making enemies?

Everyone, including him, knows something and I must give him some credit because I don't think that he is likely to get much from anyone else, especially on this thread.

If I was to say that I used Dax's system (or the one that he described in his first few pages) yesterday and today, and they netted me a lot of points, would I be making enemies?

Everyone, including him, knows something and I must give him some credit because I don't think that he is likely to get much from anyone else, especially on this thread.

I don't know his system , but you cant judge a system from just 2 sessions , it is meaningless , all trading systems works at some point for sometime , "Fooled by randomness" by Nassim Taleb would be a good read here ....

I don't know his system , but you cant judge a system from just 2 sessions , it is meaningless , all trading systems works at some point for sometime , "Fooled by randomness" by Nassim Taleb would be a good read here ....

That is true and if someone has been trading for years, as I have, he is hardly going to change, But I read these threads for ideas (nothing much on this one, I'm afraid) that can adapted into one's style and, perhaps, I was lucky enough, yesterday, to benefit.

I have read Taleb. Interesting but not enlightening. Black Swans cannot be predicted, which is something that has always been known.

Last edited:
That is true and if someone has been trading for years, as I have, he is hardly going to change, But I read these threads for ideas (nothing much on this one, I'm afraid) that can adapted into one's style and, perhaps, I was lucky enough, yesterday, to benefit.

I have read Taleb. Interesting but not enlightening. Black Swans cannot be predicted, which is something that has always been known.

Well it certainly got me thinking. I do ok as swing trader but there is a devil in me that wants to be a day trader. IT got me thinking in terms of focusing entirely on one market when it comes to intra-day trading.

Last edited:
Well it certainly got me thinking. I do ok as swing trader but there is a devil in me that wants to be a day trader. IT got me thinking in terms of focusing entirely on one market when it come to intra-day trading.

Posted this on FTSE thread a while ago, you might get something out of it.

Well it certainly got me thinking. I do ok as swing trader but there is a devil in me that wants to be a day trader. IT got me thinking in terms of focusing entirely on one market when it comes to intra-day trading.

Yesterday afternoon I was on Footsie, which seems to work similarly. Forex, I have not been able to fathom, so far,

There is more to day-trading than scalping, though, and it is all a matter of horses for courses.