Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

aaarghhhh, double whammy!!....... :( sorry to hear that bud!....had a dabble after the news, ran a 'long' off the trendline bounce on the 5 min at 560 for a few pips.....about it for the day, rounds off a decent week....see what next week brings!

should things pan out as they are to the close, looks like we'll have some decent levels to get stuck into next week....a few fibs kickin about around here, and good med term channels to play around with!....your positive numbers could well dictate events after all......... :D

Yeh Buk, as my chart interpretation stated! No breach on support levels puts us back in the 'upward flow'.

Although the next week story needs to run something like this:

Trichet don't cut rates
The rest of the clan don't bark
The euro really then needs to really play with 127

That will be a really good week hey!

I laugh if the above runs nice and smoothly!

Whats your 'fibs' telling us Buk?

User, that was a bit unfortunate getting stopped twice, I know how ya feel though, got a kicking meself yesterday, stayed out of the melee today.

Spotted well after the event (hindsight natch!) the double bottom coming on a BIG 50% fib number at 480 or thereabouts, now if I can hack cmc's system I can just place a nice £20 a pip long there and close it about half an hour!!

:D :D ......we'll crack those pesky "elusives" next week Em!!!.....as Eminem said, we've just waved one good bye at 480, there's one at 637 from the 20th Jan....and 717.....gonna have to re - jig me euro numbers over the weekend, but good support on both these levels should maybe see a continuation into the middle of next week....barring of course the yap from the suits!!!

Thanks for the sympathy mate. Its not all bad, still didnt have a bad week, a pretty good one infact.

All you need to do is hack into the system its easy....works for me all the time. Sorry I'm not really prepared to share the code. :) :D :cheesy: :LOL: ;)

user said:

All you need to do is hack into the system its easy....works for me all the time. Sorry I'm not really prepared to share the code. :) :D :cheesy: :LOL: ;)

As Blackadder would say, "Git!"

As I would say, "Bar Steward" :LOL:

637 Fib appears to have gone too and provided some support to the "after Euro hours" sesh - was tested briefly too. Quite a busy session considering the time, usually quieter after 4pm UK quite often, must be end of month squaring.

Euro at 125ish that’s not such a bad set-up for the week ahead.

:devilish: All shall be revealed here on t2W.

Thank you for your co-operation. :rolleyes:

yeah, no doubt has had an effect today, that's for sure!.....certainly appears healthier than it did early doors....the daily's don't paint such a bad picture for the next positional move on either pair, money to be made on an each way break...a bust of that trendline up from Sept could well accelerate things south if it pops back & fails there.....the bear in me would love to get stuck into that mess.... :devilish:

LOL.....sharpening me long, curly claws as we speak!!.....been a long time since we came out to play & scurried you bulls back into the pen..... :cheesy:

fee fi fo fum....we smell the blood of a....................

I don't think t2w tolerate violent remarks. :cheesy:

Oh BUll, BEAR or B***H, what the hell as long as we make a little bit!

absolutely!!!...and on that note, I'm orf down to the Black BULL (snigger snigger) to get blathered on today's winnings, courtesy of my 'long'..........have a good weekend y'all, see you boys & girls on the dot of 6.00am Monday!!!....... :eek: ;)

Another ‘newsy’ week ahead of us, with euro/british pmi data out Mon & Wed…yankee beige book Wed….MPC/ECB rate decisions Thurs (along with the yanks initial claims/productivity & factory orders) & the big one Fri (non farm payrolls)….tonight/early tomorrow kicks off with cable on or around the 50% mark….both last week & the month of Feb are sitting (give or take a few pips) at the halfway high/low ranges.

(user…), the one thing of major note on euro, given your positive slant for a crank up to the high’s….is that a 38% Fib (from Nov 6th) coincidentally kisses the 2335/40 Jan 19 & 29 support levels....... ;).....a case of sticking the stop/trailing tool in the kit bag, tight control on the dosh & letting the entries sort themselves out!

ps: looking mighty fine & dandy this mornin Zenda :cheesy: :cool:

Last edited:
March Set-up for Euro/$ & £/$

Euro:

After sustaining to keep above key support levels in the last week of February, 127 looks immensely likely this week.

Having said that keep an eye on 12330 for a base of consolidation activity. However as key support levels were held this scenario looks less compelling as it was last week.

Monetary policy is unlikely to change anytime soon, the rate differential vs. the U.S would & should remain. Further out the euro should rise towards 1.33 soon.

GBP:

As mentioned on Thursday night, key support level was 185.80. On the other hand the personal lower objective target mentioned was 18488, although this was breached on Friday notice how the GBP bounced back up above key support at 18580 closing to 18634. The chances for a bearish scenario now seem unlikely. The move of March week one seems to indicate a rally towards 190---key resistance.

190 should this time be taken out and 194 area will come into play. Do not rule out a rate rise this coming Thursday as growth expectations are above the norm.

For long term GBP players, Strong buy with targets undoubtedly expected to reach 2.00

Note: As mentioned also before, ‘this dollar index rally will be short-lived’. A close below 87.20 would indicate the end to this short termed rally.

:rolleyes: Goodluck :!:

Id' agree with you user although I think it's going to take some very strong fundamental news to avoid 1.2330 then breakdown.

You never know though the banks could be sat there with huge buy orders at the support level.

It has put in a higher low at 1.2370 which may be encouraging but personaly I feel like I'm clutching at straws trying to choose a direction at this point in time.

If it were me I'd be going long at 1.27 - 8, target 1.34 or short at 1.23, target 1.18

At mo' I'm in a 50 tick DT short. Sold at .2490 out at .2440 and .2513

Hope you're having a good day.

Last edited:
watching (& playing cable) this morning...a small long earlier, cut on the failure to push thru the 8750/60 cap....shorted 8730, bounce down off the downtrend & neg signals (smaller stakes tho till it decides where to head)....stop down to b/e.

out at 90...not hangin around with these this week, with the news flow out....see what the afternoon brings us!

Hows it going guys :?: :!: :?: Haven't put on any trades at the mo, been out N about! Might get into the euro and £ in a little while.

I stand firmly by my views. On Friday I mentioned 1.18 area for euro but it closed above support levels so that doesn't seem likely at the moment. Nickerson your entry levels seem good, you may aswell put two good til cancelled orders if you get filled no doubt it'll crack in the same direction.

127 this week Euro, don't say I didnt give you inside information all! :rolleyes:

An excellent buy oportunity. Do not buy on spot. If not confident buy on small stake. This month will be a good month for longing the Euro and GBP. At the same time alow for swings any breaches on support are seen as better buying opportunities. 129 will come back again.

Thanks for listening.

been a nice 'rangey' day user.....one or two decent snatches, that's me done & dusted.....hope you grab a few pips on your travels...catch you tomorrow maybe!!