Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

Don't get me wrong. I've had some good trades out of it. But y'day was a classic wait a few moments. If your entry stops were too close you'd have done both of them.

I was out most of the day yesterday, I know the moves it made but were there any figures etc out yesterday?

All I know is I said it would go towards 18630 and it went lower a breach on 18580 only indicates more weakness for short term.

Only other suggestion is if you don't want both orders to get cracked then just tell them to cancel one when the other gets filled. Or trade of real time breakouts then you could persevere things a bit better.

we had initial claims/durable goods orders out Stateside at 1.30....nowt much else influenced it, a few comments from Blair re: no mid term intervention etc..............

Buk, were you watching the markets on guard as these figures and speechs were issued. Did they trigger the moves of the day or was it just standard up down b******t?

yesterday, I traded pre news for a few pips, out & observed whilst the yo yo took effect.....as you say....it was much ado about nothing, spiked up (no doubt snatched some close stops), spiked down on a similar snatch & moseyed around in a range for the remainder of the session.

In fact a lot of the $ currencey's are on very large breakdown technicals. I think the hype may be over for a while. The smart money is very possibly out and heading south.

Anyhow, we're sat on the longer term uptend line and fast approaching the neckline of a 600 tick double top so we'll know very soon!

Last edited:
Thats my point to 'oatman' its only worth placing two open orders when you know major antcipated news is going to make impacts!

Something like Greenspan is decent because he make thing trigger!

Oh Nickerson, hows things!?

1.18 is the same figure I've placed in my head! Another thing personally I don't want the euro to hit new highs from current levels. I want it to hit 1.18 personally. I say this because I can guarentee if we see 1.18 then it would come back to 124 in an instance and that would give good momentum for moves higher.

That might seem subjective but 1.18 would bring 124 back quicktime.

Either way aslong as I'am winning then what the hell!

Whats your trading activity implying?

It's looking like a break down to me. Too early to trade as such though. We're pretty much through the uptrend line. Last line of defense is DT neckline support at 1.2330.

I don't like to think how many stops and short orders are placed under there!

Expect the usual sell off then pull back to DT neckline then off to 1.1800.

If you can guarantee a pullback from there to 1.2400 , User, you must be an extremely secretive global hyper power. Wow, pleased to meet you, dude!

The great global conspiracey is headed by User! He can guarantee huge fluctuations in a trillion dollar a day market!
:LOL: :D

Last edited:
:D :D ......they'll be 'short' triggers waiting at 2350/2300 that's for sure.....doesn't look like much bull momentum here to me!....a decent shake out is needed to assess the bigger picture imo.

:mad: If it goes to 118, then to 124? we see. You won't be laughing at me then :cheesy:

Nickerson don't remind me that its a Trillion$ market! Thats scary! :LOL:

Not laughing at you and have no doubt that you're correct.

Was just wondering how you could guarantee the precise movement of a triilion dollar market , that's all.

Was left with only one logical conclusion! You are "THE MAN"......

:LOL: :D

Last edited:
On the euro if 12362 doesn't get support then 1.18 may look abit brighter. :)

Do you reckon it'll get there today :LOL: hahaha :LOL:

if any of those numbers spook the market today User, (after the initial spikes), fireworks could well be seen........... :devilish:

It might make it in two but pretty unlikely I think!

A few phone calls from your central command post user and I'm sure you''d have it at 1.1800 in 45 minutes!

Right that's it, sorry User, i'm off for the weekend!

Have a good days trading. Hope you do really well.

best regards

david.

:) Paul Rodriguez, anyone heard of him? Thinktrading.com

After I posted my euro assumptions he gave a similar prediction although instead of 1.18 he said 120isssh.

is there maybe a glitch ( :cheesy: ) just on my platform, am I going completely bonkers staring at all these blimin numbers....or do I spy a massive LONG opportunity on the cmc screens!!!! - :devilish: .........market currently 8586...cmc - 8493/97!!.....hmmm, puntsville here we come!........ :D

:eek: .......ooops!!.....been up far too long already folks!!!...... :eek:

and me other screen had frozen :confused: :mad: ......that'll teach me to sit pondering Fibs/levels until 2.00am!!!!!!!....la de da de dum de da (exits whistling merrily to himself!!)

Last edited: