Early Morning Range Breakouts using time and sales

Daysummary

Trades 05-31.jpg

SYNC.jpg

PETM.jpg

CRZO4.jpg

SBUX.jpg

INCY.jpg

SYNC - Good timing of entry, but just a limit order which failed to fill the 1000 shares. Only 500 shares were filled which is a pitty, because this trade was the winner of the day.
PETM - Bad fill (wide spread and not used a limit order), worse exit by stopping out. Chart is a mess.
CRZO - Good opportunity in the morning, but I wasn't trading at that time. Entry at break of the trend and failed to get higher. Should looked for a better entry. Couldn't use the ema as a stop, because price wasn't up or below it for some time. Exited a few seconds for the close (why do they make me wait until the end of the session). I was almost stopped out, but I was confident that it would go back.
SBUX - Nice entry, directly in profit, I was looking for the 55 level as an exit, but choosed to change strategy by selling half and trail the rest. It did go in the 55 level briefly.
INCY - Entry was ok, but stock failed to go lower.

Cheers,
Robocop

Daysummary

SYNC - Good timing of entry, but just a limit order which failed to fill the 1000 shares. Only 500 shares were filled which is a pitty, because this trade was the winner of the day.
PETM - Bad fill (wide spread and not used a limit order), worse exit by stopping out. Chart is a mess.
CRZO - Good opportunity in the morning, but I wasn't trading at that time. Entry at break of the trend and failed to get higher. Should looked for a better entry. Couldn't use the ema as a stop, because price wasn't up or below it for some time. Exited a few seconds for the close (why do they make me wait until the end of the session). I was almost stopped out, but I was confident that it would go back.
SBUX - Nice entry, directly in profit, I was looking for the 55 level as an exit, but choosed to change strategy by selling half and trail the rest. It did go in the 55 level briefly.
INCY - Entry was ok, but stock failed to go lower.

Cheers,
Robocop

Good Trading Robocop!

Can you explain the headings on your summary? aswell as what you mean by money managment?

Thanks
Somesh

Good Trading Robocop!

Can you explain the headings on your summary? aswell as what you mean by money managment?

Thanks
Somesh

I see I haven't adjusted the statement for scaling out. Here the correct statement.

Trades 04-31.jpg

Symbol = Symbol of instrument
L/S = Long or Short
QTY = Quantity (number of shares)
Bought = entry price of instrument
Sold = exit price of instrument
Init stop = price of initial instrument
ct risk = cent risk
Initial Risk = ct risk * QTY
P&L = Profit & Loss of trade

ct risk riskpertrade / ct risk = $200 dollar risk per trade diveded by cent risk
Rounded = rounded in multiples of 100 (ct risk riskpertrade / ct risk)
P&L = Profit & Loss of trade (with Rounded number of shares)
Commissions = MAX(0.02 * Rounded;15)*2

Thanks for the excel files. I'm away on business today, but will take a look at them later.

Some charts that made good trades yesterday from VOLUME BUZZ scan on tc2000..

TEVA
EBAY
CTSH
XRAY
VRSN
CTXS
DTV
AVGO
EXPE
MNST

These are just a few of the from the Nasdaq scan.

You can get access for free (with adverts) to tc2000, give it a go and keep an eye on the volume buzz. It has consistently generated some good trades.

Have a great Day!

Hi WinAtTrading,

I have created an account at tc2000 but if I logon I must enter my creditcard number. I don't want that because I want the free version. Where can I find that version?

Now you have ProRealtime, can you try out my Proscreener scanner of post #1 in ProRealtime and look if the resulted stocks are more or less the same as in tc2000 volume buzz? If my versions gets too few results, you can lower the Averagetruerange filter to see more stocks.

Thanks in advance!

I have manually walked thru the list to see which stocks are doing well with this strategy the last few weeks.

These are:

Momentumlist.jpg

Regards,
Robocop

What have I done?

Buying a AEX put 5 jun 2012 283 at € 1.30 instead of a call at 13:40 (local time)

My timing was perfect so the put is a loss in a blink of an eye.
I've decided to hold it, maybe it was a good (but too early entry) after all.

It is now trading at € 1.00. I have a placed a sell order at € 2.00.

Why did I trade this option, while I am learning tho trade breakouts of US stocks?
argh...

Daysummary

Trades 01-06.jpg

PETM2.jpg

SFLY.jpg

ANSS2.jpg

DISCA2.jpg

SFLY - Good entry, it did go directly in profit but failed to go lower. Exit of ema break for a scratch trade.
PETM - Bad entry trade / setup. I've missed the easier one in the morning. Good exit, kept losses low.
ANSS - Good entry (this was a wide spread stock), a bit of a rough ride. I took the high of the previous day ERBO as a first exit. Then it became a bit difficult to use the break of the ema as an exit. I had some profit on this one, so I left my stop where it was set initialy. As soon the 61 level was hit I sold the other half. With hindsight this was way too early, but with the wild swings I am happy with this exit.
DISCA - I saw an descending triangle in it, but it did fail directly after my entry. I have short it at the low of the day... Bad exit, should have exited the moment it didn't show momentum.

I mentioned QCOR. This was the opposite of DISCA (ascending triangle). Big range in a few minutes at the end of the session.

QCOR.jpg

Cheers,
Robocop

Hi WinAtTrading,

I have created an account at tc2000 but if I logon I must enter my creditcard number. I don't want that because I want the free version. Where can I find that version?

Now you have ProRealtime, can you try out my Proscreener scanner of post #1 in ProRealtime and look if the resulted stocks are more or less the same as in tc2000 volume buzz? If my versions gets too few results, you can lower the Averagetruerange filter to see more stocks.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Robocop

I tried to create a free account under TC2000, I didnt get a chance to get to the Credit Card info page, but I could see it going that way. I'm not sure where the free version is anymore, or maybe they have started charging for it.

Can you give the 14 day Free Trial Version a go for a week, in order to test the Scan.

I didnt trade yesterday as I was away on business and today I have a meeting too. Maybe I could trade the late session.

I did sign up for Prorealtime.com, however the customer services tried to call me to discuss the free trial and I wasnt available. Ive tried to login again and it looks like they will need to talk with me first before I get access. I probably wont go for it as I already am paying $30 for tc2000 and $50 for Esignal.com/Lovecharts. Although it is possible in future for me to cancel esignal and go with prorealtime.

I'll let you know.