Early Morning Range Breakouts using time and sales

Just trying something else.
short 400 SQQQ (proshares ultrapro short QQQ)
Stop @ 54.40

Daysummary

Trades 05-22.jpg

CREE2.jpg

SQQQ.jpg

Didn't do it well, because I was to hasty with the long on CREE. Waited to long and let my stop hit. Made a mistake by going short CREE, and I tried something else than ERBO by fading the SQQQ on the end of the session.

I'm going to take some days off.

My papertrade subscription with ProRealtime ends by a few days.

De anyone knows a good free (of cheaper) daytrade simulator?

My papertrade subscription with ProRealtime ends by a few days.

De anyone knows a good free (of cheaper) daytrade simulator?

When you mean simulator, not sure what you mean. Do you mean trading charts realtime?

If you want a good chart package for free try TC2000

If you want to get rid of the adverts, they charge $30. Otherwise the free one is just great.

When you mean simulator, not sure what you mean. Do you mean trading charts realtime?

If you want a good chart package for free try TC2000

If you want to get rid of the adverts, they charge $30. Otherwise the free one is just great.

With a simulator I mean papertrading stocks with realtime (or 15 minute delayed) data, like realtime charts, time and sales, orderbook, etc. Papertrading with ProRealtime is the exact same chart engine as IG Markets Advanced Charts feature (which is from IT Finance). You can move your stops, limit, stop-limit, timed trailing stop, OCO orders on the chart.

Papertrading with ProRealtime costs about € 44.40 ($ 43.23) per month with Nasdaq equities (1 row orderbook) + Nasdaq indices.

I've created an account by TC2000, but I cannot find the buy and sell buttons for papertrading.

I was thinking about the risk of stocks that gaps intraday.

Say you've gone short for whatever reason/system ARBA 1000 shares @ 38.20 and stop to 38.40. (thus risking ca. $ 200).

ARBA.jpg

Maybe youve taken some profits at 38.00, but may be not.

Suddenly the stock stops trading and is set on hold. You call your broker / watch the news, eat your shoe, and watch the pauzed time and sales window :cry:.

45 minutes later the stock starts trading again at $ 45. What the f:mad:ck!!

ARBA2.jpg

You've lost roughly $ 7 per share, a net loss of $ 7000. How long do you need to daytrade to earn that amount of money back?

There was nothing you could do about it, or could you?

The only thing I could think of is:
a. trade the stock with options (buy premium, not sell premium).
b. trade using limited warranty CFD's. You're loss would be around $ 3000.
c. ?

Does anyone has a tactic to cope with these kind of events?

Backtesting this strategy

I've backtested this strategy with some stocks I have found with my scanner.
As you can see below some stocks tend to do well over time and give a perfectly sloped equity curve (see upper indicator).

INTU2.jpg

FAST.jpg

BMC3.jpg

SWKS.jpg

ONXX.jpg

CRUS.jpg

INFA.jpg

And some give a very bad equity curve over time.

ALGN bad.png

Or medicore equity curve over time.

DMND.jpg

If I only could figure out how to filter out the most promising ones...
That should improve my trading a lot!

If somebody has an idea, please let me know!

Watchout, the equity curve in the backtest is without commisions, but is using late entries (first open after a close above or below the 30 minutes opening range) and late exits (ema10) which can compensate. The backtest doesn't scale in/out trades.

Cheers,
Robocop

With a simulator I mean papertrading stocks with realtime (or 15 minute delayed) data, like realtime charts, time and sales, orderbook, etc. Papertrading with ProRealtime is the exact same chart engine as IG Markets Advanced Charts feature (which is from IT Finance). You can move your stops, limit, stop-limit, timed trailing stop, OCO orders on the chart.

Papertrading with ProRealtime costs about € 44.40 ($ 43.23) per month with Nasdaq equities (1 row orderbook) + Nasdaq indices.

I've created an account by TC2000, but I cannot find the buy and sell buttons for papertrading.

Hiya Robocop

I signed up to ProRealTime charts, and yes its a great interface. The same as IG Index which is great because I am used to it.
But I thought it was real time charts not delayed paper trading charts, so I must have missed that. I'll take a look again, as I like the way you have done the back testing in your most recent post.

For a trading simulator I have also used Tradingsim.com, but you have to go back 2-3 months for the practising. I only used the 7 day free trial so I would need more experience on it to find out all the benefits.

WinAtTrading

Does anyone has a tactic to cope with these kind of events?

Ive never experienced a stock that Gaps intraday. It could just be that your broker or the company providing you the charting software had a technical issue that takes some time to resolve on that stock? Would be good to find out what the cause was.

Hiya Robocop

I signed up to ProRealTime charts, and yes its a great interface. The same as IG Index which is great because I am used to it.
But I thought it was real time charts not delayed paper trading charts, so I must have missed that. I'll take a look again, as I like the way you have done the back testing in your most recent post.

For a trading simulator I have also used Tradingsim.com, but you have to go back 2-3 months for the practising. I only used the 7 day free trial so I would need more experience on it to find out all the benefits.

WinAtTrading

But I thought it was real time charts not delayed paper trading charts, so I
must have missed that

They have recently introduced papertrading charts for all markets, but these are delayed. I use the realtime papertrading charts (it comes standaard with the realtime quotes), but they are more expensive, so I limited myself to the Nasdaq quotes + indices. Maybe if you are repond to them, you could change the subscription. (do not use the Bats quotes, these aren't as good as the normal quotes because they have ill liquidity).