Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Senate has approved a new version of a $700bn (£380bn) rescue plan for the troubled US financial system.

Senators voted 74 to 25 in favour of the emergency legislation, which is designed to buy up bad debts and stabilise financial markets.

It includes tax breaks for families and businesses, among other measures designed to win over sceptics.

The plan will now go before the House of Representatives, which narrowly rejected a similar bill on Monday.

President George W Bush praised Senate leaders for making "vital improvements to the rescue package" and urged the House to approve the measures.

News of the Senate vote had little effect on the Asian markets. Japan's main Nikkei index ended down 1.9% and Australian stocks lost 0.6%, on wider fears about economic growth.

Added sweeteners

The original bill was criticised for pandering to the needs of Wall Street bankers at the expense of ordinary citizens.

(BBC)

At last got the stable door shut !!

Watch 10600..:eek:

77373931ok0.png

Possible bounce from S1 @ 10624.

If 10600s don't hold then I have S2 @ 10487 as target.

Would like to see 10900 @ R1.

Cheers Atilla,

Im still just about in the game, have my stop at 10580 and came within 3 points of it.

I think its going to move sharply one way or another pretty soon

Cheers Atilla,

Im still just about in the game, have my stop at 10580 and came within 3 points of it.

I think its going to move sharply one way or another pretty soon

Yes I think so too. Unfortunately I'm not feeling well and about to doze off.

I reckon 5 or 7 pm we should see some activity.

4 hour charts looks bearish. I think we may test lows before the next rise up. :rolleyes:

I have a possible test of 10480s if this 600 level fails to hold.

Former Fed Chairman Greenspan said that current conditions represent a rare, wrenching financial crisis, according to Dow Jones.

Greenspan stated that economic revival will set in when investors enter back into the marketplace, which he suspects will be sooner rather than later.

Former Fed Chairman Greenspan said that current conditions represent a rare, wrenching financial crisis, according to Dow Jones.

/U]

It was largely Greenie's fault by allowing too much, too cheap credit
:smart:
and encouraging people to live beyond their means but in their dreams of owning property , own business etc.

The old boy let go the reins in later years imho

Well no bounce

You had a cracking good day yesterday AT. Maybe the strain of winning is getting to you:LOL:

Short @ 10551, SL @ 10571

Can't win em all Pat. I still have that deposit on the Embankment... :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.