Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clues were there.... possibly

that candle threatend to take my monthly profit to zero.
How can these meetings be unannounced? :mad:
All market players play the scheduled game. Companies release results on a specific date and on a scheduled time. Economic news is also scheduled and I make careful note of these so as not to be caught unawares.......but......pray tell me what am I supposed to do about a Bernanke surprise like this. :sneaky:

Is their any way I could have known about this "emergancy Fed meeting/announcment"

Trojen....... global markets were melting down.... bond insurers were vulnerable to downgrade cycle which began friday...... and if continued will be a nightmare ....... more than two weeks to go to "scheduled" meeting ........ long time to wait methinks... so...first day back (full moon) the lads acted........ as they knew they would.... probably weeks ago... So it was in their schedule if nobody elses...:LOL:

I'm watching to see if the Mbia and Ambac get bailed out or the lads let us slip further
and let us crash......
NB: 2 of the big names Buffett doesn't need to buy it he can set up his own.... and another Wilbur Ross likes to buy bankrupt companies.... so it should be fun watching to see how they resolve this one.......

Last edited:
quote from DC jnr watching CNBC
"guess what the market went straight up and straight back down, it always does!"

06:57am Long 1256.50 STOP 1256.00
STOP Loss moved to : 1256.75

That was yesterday.

6:57am - GLOBEX Long 1256.50 Target Filled GAIN + 40 Pts = + $ 2,000

8:51am - Long Filled at 1258 ( SHARP Knife Trade), Open Position
9:51am - TARGET Filled for another + 41 Pts = $ 2,050 GAIN
Total GAIN = +81 Pts = +$4, 050 and the Knife is thrown back at the FOOL's Face ! lol

This is today. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but the only trade that I can find recorded in this thread is the one from 6:57am yesterday. Perhaps you could point me towards the post where you made the other long?

Also, unless you are trading from a different chart than mine, that long should've been stopped out prior to reaching the target. The low on my chart (and according to GLOBEX) is 1255.50, so your stops from yesterday at 1256.75 should've been hit.

There's no way to know if the other long from 8:51 is real, because you only posted the net result after closing out the trade and not the entry at the time of entering the trade.

Risk = .5 Pts GAIN = 81 SOLID POINTS or 1 to 62 Ratio :cheers:

Even if I was to believe those were real trades, the risk calculation is incorrect. If you take two positions the risk is 2 times 0.50 points equals 1 points.

Thanks To My Analisys it worked out as expected, NEVER had any doubts:

If you are refering to the analysis which led you to talking 4 consecutive long trades which all got stopped out, well yes, eventually one will have be profitable.

Never having any doubts, is a recipe for failure. You must always be prepared to re-evaluate yourself and your analysis when the market shows you evidence to the contrary.

sold 972 on the advice of a 7 year old

I'm now watching ftse in the 5810-840 zone ....we've tagged 800 so far (after hours) and 810 is around my 33% bounce and 825/30ish was major low on chart... poss aug low...

Ftse still needs to register a first counter trend tomorrow above 764 so very interesting... stuff Theory says we should get that 764 plus but whether and by how much is where the fun is.... :LOL:

fancy that...

I'm now watching ftse in the 5810-840 zone ....we've tagged 800 so far (after hours) and 810 is around my 33% bounce and 825/30ish was major low on chart... poss aug low...

..... we got rejected in my zone...........:p...... oh dc jnr is now in profit... way2go!
:LOL:

not much on offer for the pocket money trade looks like an overnighter

still looking for 3 day mini rally into Thursday and Feds decision reinforces the fall to come

That was yesterday.

This is today. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but the only trade that I can find recorded in this thread is the one from 6:57am yesterday. Perhaps you could point me towards the post where you made the other long?

Also, unless you are trading from a different chart than mine, that long should've been stopped out prior to reaching the target. The low on my chart (and according to GLOBEX) is 1255.50, so your stops from yesterday at 1256.75 should've been hit.

There's no way to know if the other long from 8:51 is real, because you only posted the net result after closing out the trade and not the entry at the time of entering the trade.

Even if I was to believe those were real trades, the risk calculation is incorrect. If you take two positions the risk is 2 times 0.50 points equals 1 points.

If you are refering to the analysis which led you to talking 4 consecutive long trades which all got stopped out, well yes, eventually one will have be profitable.

Never having any doubts, is a recipe for failure. You must always be prepared to re-evaluate yourself and your analysis when the market shows you evidence to the contrary.

I see you still got the Knife Stuck in YOUR Face.First there was no 4 trades, go back and read it again. Only Two Looser followed by Two big winners and they were done in REAL TIME.

As far as your negative, provoking comments from the very beginning of my first visit to this Forum. It clearly reflects bad on you, as a person that likes to discredit others without any hard evidence or without knowing the other person because you probably NEVER have been able to do those kinds of trades.

So whatever you respond to this or your personal problems. Keep doing what your doing, You will never learn anything from others that are BETTER THAN YOU.

There is no doubt in my Mind that you are a LOOSER in trading

I see you still got the Knife Stuck in YOUR Face.First there was no 4 trades, go back and read it again. Only Two Looser followed by Two big winners and they were done in REAL TIME.
Sure, then point me towards the post where you made your long entry from "8:51 am" at that time, without the luxury of posting after the facts.

As far as your negative, provoking comments from the very beginning of my first visit to this Forum. It clearly reflects bad on you, as a person that likes to discredit others without any hard evidence or without knowing the other person because you probably NEVER have been able to do those kinds of trades.
I like to keep an open, yet critical mind. Knowing somebody has little to do with the representation of someone on a public forum. I'm not here to proof nor disproof anything, but the burden of evidence lies on you, not on me.

So whatever you respond to this or your personal problems. Keep doing what your doing, You will never learn anything from others that are BETTER THAN YOU.
That's a very bold assumption which not only has little grounds, but also is totally irrelevant to the observations I've made which you've clearly decided to ignore in your reply.

There is no doubt in my Mind that you are a LOOSER in trading

And there's no doubt in my mind that you've used that phrase to reply to others who doubted your calls before.
Don't worry. You'll still have plenty of opportunities to prove me wrong.

PS: I'd start by writing 'looser' with one 'o'.

Now 4 next trick........

Ftse still needs to register a first counter trend tomorrow above 764 so very interesting... stuff Theory says we should get that 764 plus but whether and by how much is where the fun is.... :LOL:

ftse.... fell off 810+.now 758........pt1 worked ?

4 part 2...Now want brief rally 764+ which fails........we know abt 810/840 from earlier gibberish.:LOL:

....dow 200 or so off tues highs.... so the ftse "should" not fly higher .....AND DOW IN DANGER OF NOT EVEN POSTING A HIGHER DAILY HIGH ......ouch!!

That's my road map for the morning....... if I am thwarted.... then poss long dow ?... and wait for 5900ish on ftse....(~ 38%R)

Last edited:
ftse.... fell off 810+.now 758........pt1 worked ?

4 part 2...Now want brief rally 764+ which fails........we know abt 810/840 from earlier gibberish.:LOL:

....dow 200 or so off tues highs.... so the ftse "should" not fly higher .....AND DOW IN DANGER OF NOT EVEN POSTING A HIGHER DAILY HIGH ......ouch!!

That's my road map for the morning....... if I am thwarted.... then poss long dow ?... and wait for 5900ish on ftse....(~ 38%R)

early days but looks like we have a winner .....Ftse..756 after trip to 818
No.... grabbed it we do have a winner..... 2/2 YAY>>>>>>>>:p

edit: all eyes on dow which rallied to within 60pts of tues highs........now 120 off...
it's gotta make it to 12077+ hasn't it ? now 930 and sliding.........

Last edited:
now looking for Dow to hit 12186 but not taking any positions yet will wait for confimation first
for the FTSE another reject of 830s would be fine then 918 mid morning tomorrow

looks like I may have to go long on the FTSE soon 918 is shinning like a beacon

could have got a 518 entry there, serves me right for not waiting, still a couple of scalps on the way to 608 should see the average come down to 618

now looking for Dow to hit 12186 but not taking any positions yet will wait for confimation first
for the FTSE another reject of 830s would be fine then 918 mid morning tomorrow

Good call DC, I'm looking at 12170 at the mo.

I'm flat. No time to trade. Work is really hectic. I really envy you guys.

Good luck to you all. (y)

Good call DC, I'm looking at 12170 at the mo.

I'm flat. No time to trade. Work is really hectic. I really envy you guys.

Good luck to you all. (y)

I thought you were a full-time trader.

BTW - AtillatheNun is viewing this thread right now :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.