Dollar Yen where's it gonna base??

Reckon that support has been tw@ted?

My jpy/yen chart has a spike in so can't go back too far. yen has never traded this low right?

Attachments

• usdjpy.jpg
    usdjpy.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 209
Long eur/yen short eur/usd or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Attachments

• intersting chart.JPG
    intersting chart.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 141
  • intersting chart2.JPG
    intersting chart2.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 151
Why CAD debt? Don't worry about anything... Here's a simple rule: bonds up, USDJPY down. Got that :)?

IMO Bank of Japan may intervene to prevent further damage to their exports. May happen sooner rather than later. I wouldn't pay too much attention to other things, so far as Yen is concerned.

IMO Bank of Japan may intervene to prevent further damage to their exports. May happen sooner rather than later. I wouldn't pay too much attention to other things, so far as Yen is concerned.
Well, if we look at how successful SNB interventions have been, I am not surprised that the BoJ is having cold feet.

hmm..not so sure...not quite as...ahem...'agile' as the Swiss Gnomes..;)

Yeah but the MoF are at least a fair bit better at it (or, they were historically anyway - dunno how the current crop gonna fare).

Have a feeling we're gonna find out. It's not what I'd personally call disorderly yet (at least compared to 2003/4 and definitely not compared to 1995 once Sakakibara felt the need to wade in, but this morning certainly smelled a touch more of sharks circling.

As to where it bases though, if we've seen the base here I'd be stunned. R/R for shorts getting less attractive though imho so I'd be sidelined personally. Timing will be tough.

Just my $0.02

Well, the way I see it:
If they think that Yen is too strong and intervene, I wouldn't short UJ any more. In the meantime I'll keep reasonable stops.

the markets are pushing the BOJ here. This is a good old mexican stand-off. those funding in jpy are going to be seriously hurting.

**given what Noda said I can't see them stepping in just yet. there's more at work than meets the eye here. this is a squeeze, not a fundamental shift in my eyes.

Interesting situation isn't it? Will they/won't they?

They've given no signs of stepping in yet and as others have said, UJ will probably keep probing lower until the neccessary time for verbal action or intervention.

My system as well (short tf)

Should I go to old fashioned bottom catching (low is not that far), or ignore it?:rolleyes:

Yep it triggered on my short term TF 'plays', filled at 83.90...might be simply paying for market info..then back short..we'll see, I just do as I'm *told*..;)

Yep it triggered on my short term TF 'plays', filled at 83.90...might be simply paying for market info..then back short..we'll see, I just do as I'm *told*..;)

I ignored the system (got enough pips from earlier short trades so I'll leave it at that)
Anyway system preference is long at the moment - it doesn't look that bad. If in long wouldn't like it to go below 83.80 and definitely not below 83.50

PS Don't want to be a killjoy, but I would have exited at 84.35.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the bank, but some strong buying going through at the moment...

Long from 83.90

Not sure if it's the bank, but some strong buying going through at the moment...

Long from 83.90

Maybe they've already started intervening without telling us.

BTW that's a really good avatar. Is that you?