Do you have an "edge" in your trading?

Yeah right .... and I have a friend who is related to the Queen :p

Seriously - shut the f*ck up.

The fact that I know people that actually trade combined with the fact that this puts me in a MINORITY on this site is astounding.

Of course - you carry on thinking that knowing a trader is as likely as being related to the Queen and I'll carry on thinking you are a retard.

It is small wonder there is so much nonsense on this site when people that actually trade are deemed as rare as leprachauns.

Idiot.

I actually DO know someone who is related to the Queen, believe it or not, but I have no idea if he trades.

The fact that I know people that actually trade combined with the fact that this puts me in a MINORITY on this site is astounding.

Of course - you carry on thinking that knowing a trader is as likely as being related to the Queen and I'll carry on thinking you are a retard.

It is small wonder there is so much nonsense on this site when people that actually trade are deemed as rare as leprachauns.

Idiot.

275949054_cb82634ec6.jpg

I actually DO know someone who is related to the Queen, believe it or not, but I have no idea if he trades.

WOW! This means I actually communicate with someone who knows someone related to the Queen,believe it or not...I have no idea if he trades either.

WOW! This means I actually communicate with someone who knows someone related to the Queen,believe it or not...I have no idea if he trades either.

Great! We are asymptotically approaching the idea of six degrees of separation. Any other suggestions of things we can reprove here?

Do you just stick to ES or do you look at other eminis as well? Personally I find the Dow and Nasdaq, even the Russell actually, so much nicer to trade. Plenty of good trending days where you can sit at break even, maybe trail your stop up (which can start quite tight) and close as you get into the end of the day.

Conventional stuff seems to work very well on them, the simpler the better really - range breakouts, for example the frequent overnight range going into the UK morning, classic reversal PA (if you're very selective), and failed reversal signals, which are my favourite.

ES is so much more choppy, even on trending days, or at least that's my observation. Maybe one day liquidity concerns will force me onto ES :), but for the moment it's very rare that I'll take anything on it.

Right now I just trade the ES. At some point, I presume it will become second nature to trade it. At that point, I'll probably then bring in a second, perhaps crude. This way of working allows me to do minimal pre-market prep but it does require a lot of focus during the session.

I use the Tape/DOM a lot and from this perspective the 'thickness' of the ES give it some qualities you don't see in thinner markets. I really should set aside a week to trade the YM or NQ and see if this is now easier after all this time focusing on Tape/DOM the ES.

There's always something new to try and I am somewhat hesitant to change things at this point.

:LOL:

No worries mate. My issue is not whether anyone on this site knows of someone who knows how to trade, but rather whether you do ;)

Please don't be sad :cry: or angry :mad: I just make the comments out of interest

Idiot.

:LOL:

No worries mate. My issue is not whether anyone on this site knows of someone who knows how to trade, but rather whether you do ;)

Please don't be sad :cry: or angry :mad: I just make the comments out of interest

If you can scrape the money together for a plane ticket - I'll introduce you to some people that actually make a living trading if you like.

Yes i have an edge and anyone can .
FACT:- 95% of traders lose their roll and the majority of these relied upon tech analysis .
They actually believed they could predict the future like a tarot card reader .

FACT:- Forex is a 50/50 proposition (minus the spread , swap and rollover) .

So how do you get an edge?

Never use a stop loss to confirm a losing trade .
Use a "hedge" instead , which is opening a position in the opposite direction where you would have a placed a stop .
This will buy you time to see what the market is doing and "time is money honey" .
Be prepared to hold your hedged losses for days , weeks or even months .

So if u stuck to a rule of 100 pips winners ,your hedged losses will need to be less than 100 pips for you to be a long-term winner .
Works for me .

Happy trading

Wow...the...sheer level of ignorance...you couldn't of written something more wrong if you tried.