Diary of a swing spread better

My HNS trade got stopped. About a point past the stop the trade reversed and the price ended on a par with my opener. So much for my theory on afternoon weakness. I tried to spot a turn, there, and failed.

Split

Can the Fins charts be copied to Paint? Apparently not, I've tried without success but, maybe, I'm not doing it right.

Split

Split - with the fins chart you need to make as though you will be printing it then when it comes into pront view then you need to click on file on the toolbar and use the save as option. Hope this works
Chris

I was disappointed with the lack of direction in the dow yesterday, lokks like were gonna be range bound at 11050-11250 for a while lets see if i can make some gains out of the consolidation before it hopefully breaks to the upside.

chindl said:
Split - with the fins chart you need to make as though you will be printing it then when it comes into pront view then you need to click on file on the toolbar and use the save as option. Hope this works
Chris

Yes, that worked, thanks. You're a handy man to have around :)

Split

Hi everyone,

With four pages to read after three days away, you guys have been no less talkative than I have :LOL:

Well, I am in no mood to trade having looked at the DOW's intraday chart for Thurs and Fri. I saw a lot of failed signals and it would have driven me mad had I traded it. Until the DOW decides on its direction, I would probably just sit on the fence.

It's clearly off topic here but any trader having kids would appreciate this link - http://www.hortonpark.co.uk/ . I took my kids there during the last two days and they never wanted to leave. It's the best children's farm I've visited and it's quite cheap. At first, I meant to let my two kids come to Chessington for all three days away but my son grew up a bit during the last few months and is now too tall to be admitted for free. And they charge £19 for a child ticket. So eventhough I have an annual pass, I just thought it's just not worth it. And at 5 and 3, they enjoyed the farm much more.

Back to trading and it looks like I'll go back to the books :) Having read Chris' recent posts, I realised I have to read a bit more :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Best,

Hung

Attachments

• dow.jpg
    dow.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 111
JillyB said:
Hi Chorlton,

That's the trade number within my Trading Plan. I've numbered them for my easy reference, that's all.

Hi Jilly,

Why don't you name them Luck, Success, Maybe, Guarantee ...:)

By the way, of the trading methods I've heard of on this board, yours is the one that I find most intriguing. Is it based purely on candlesticks? And what has the probability been like? Of course only if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers,

Hung

Got stopped out of my dow long today at 11135 will go back in long at close

It's now at 11091.

I just shorted it and closed the trade within a minute or two for five points. I actually closed the trade when I saw I was up 10 points but the price kept moving back up since I pressed 'close'.

Would 11084 be today's bottom?! Well, until it moves to above 11125, the answer is probably no.

It's now at 11116. If it drops below 11109 again, I'll go short for another 5 or 6 points.

i was tempted to go in long at 11000 but my rules are to only trade at eod so i'm holding my nerve and sticking to them.

I dont' want to think about the size of your stop loss, Elefteros :)

The price bars today have been quite narrow. Some people must have been kicked out so gently that they probably did not realise it until it was too late.

The entry of my last trade was not very good as the price again moved fast past my entry point. But it was still a happy trade in the end.

Gutted. Shorted it again when 11080 was breached. But it did not move much lower then moved back to 11100 again. Gave back 26 points. Now this is what I really call pathetic :eek: A trully unplanned trade.

As as soon as got out it's now at 11084 again.

long at 11050 sl as always 100pts so 10950 dont think about it to much hung and remember i'm looking for 270 pts profit not 7 so it all evens out ;)