Diary of a swing spread better

I am in it. First target is 11131.

Attachments

• dow 1.jpg
    dow 1.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 115
hungvir said:
Stop loss and limit buy orders at 11163 and 11131 are in. I can go and have dinner now :)

Good trade Hung! I've got no feed from IB so for once I am envious of you SBs.
Hope dinner was nice.

Thanks, Rols. I tried to have a quicker dinner than usual :)

I actually use ADVFN feed and just use Fins to trade.

By the way, the DOW chap is trying to go up and it's now 7 points away from my stop. There's still one hour to go and I'll leave the stop as it is.

It looks like I am quite addicted to trading already. It'll be a pity that I won't be able to day trade the DOW when I go to Bangkok in July. I hope there're some T2W members out there.

Again, as I was unable to trade the DOW earlier, I missed two good signals to short it at 11189 and 11172.

Attachments

• dow3.jpg
    dow3.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 99
My order is pending fill and depending on Fins' settling price I'll bag 20 points or more. Not too bad a trade.

On days like this I wonder why I don't trade full time :) The two opportunities I missed would have earned me 20-30 points more.

Attachments

• dow5.jpg
    dow5.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 111
I have to go back my the mountain of work but will keep an eye on where the DOW is going to end today.

Good trading to all,

Hung

It really bugged me when I saw the DOW dropping to 11116 (could not resist looking at it from time to time). My dinner was the villain :devilish: I put in the order to take profit when I left the computer but did not take it off in time. I was cutting my profit there.

Attachments

• dow6.jpg
    dow6.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 104
Well, it's now at 11110 and it may not stop there. Could anyone help me with a sentence in English please. What do you mean when you say ''The place has a spring in its step.'' The context is a BBC reporter visiting the headquarters of a party that just won an election.

Thanks much,

H

hungvir said:
It really bugged me when I saw the DOW dropping to 11116 (could not resist looking at it from time to time). My dinner was the villain :devilish: I put in the order to take profit when I left the computer but did not take it off in time. I was cutting my profit there.

It is pointless thinking like this. It's like saying you should have shorted at the open - well you didn't and hindsight is always 20/20 in this business.

You made your trade and stuck to your plan. You might have skipped dinner, got light headed and made a mistake. Credit where credit is due I say and compliments to oneself are a good thing. Regret is a most useless and unnecessary emotion in this instance.

I got out around the horizontal black line. The DOW dropped a further 20 points. Now it looks like a double bottom is forming on the 14 RSI. I suspect this is the bottom.

Attachments

• dow7.jpg
    dow7.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 100
rols said:
It is pointless thinking like this. It's like saying you should have shorted at the open - well you didn't and hindsight is always 20/20 in this business.

You made your trade and stuck to your plan. You might have skipped dinner, got light headed and made a mistake. Credit where credit is due I say and compliments to oneself are a good thing. Regret is a most useless and unnecessary emotion in this instance.

You're absolutely right, rols.

Could have skipped dinner had my missus not been with me :)

Anyway, I am just learning here and of course there was a bit of regretting as well :eek:

Remember I've been in this biz for only three months.

Good trading,

H

hungvir said:
Hi Split,

I am a bit confused here :confused:. Does it mean that you always go with their quotes?

As I use market price, when it's triggered then I'll definitely be out. It's just a matter of time for Fins to locate the triggered order and sort it out.

I would be very suprised if they don't do the same with 'their quotes' trigger. I assume it's an automatic and computerised process so it's the kind of ''the computer says yes/no'' sort of thing :)

Good trading,

Hung

Hi Hung,

I try both for exits because I can't make up my mind which is the better. I know that they don't always follow a market spike because I have , sometimes, found myself still in a trade when, if I had had a market stop, I would have been out. I'm not naive enough to believe that they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, though. :)

Split

On a closer look, it was actually not a double bottom on the RSI (I needed a magnifying glass to spot this :)). Rather it's something that resembles an inverted head and shoulder. Anyway, the DOW looks certain to close up a number of points from here.

Anyway, rols' comments really pushed me to prove that I can not only regret but can also trade it right :) But no, I am not going down the path of proving myself to anyone.

H

Attachments

• dow7.jpg
    dow7.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 103
hungvir said:
You're absolutely right, rols.

Could have skipped dinner had my missus not been with me :)

Anyway, I am just learning here and of course there was a bit of regretting as well :eek:

Remember I've been in this biz for only three months.

Good trading,

H

Three months! Well I take my hat off to you. I assumed you were far more advanced. Never regret a winning trade IMO. Every winning trade ups your percentages and more importantly your confidence. The one day as if by magic you will make a trade and KNOW it is a winner before you click the mouse.

All the best

rols