Diary of a swing spread better

went short at 10964 looking for a bounce down to 10940ish

Attachments

• US30.png
    US30.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 142
Could have taken 30 point profit but I refused and am holding out for more.

Attachments

• dow8.jpg
    dow8.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 134
I'm sat here and the tide is out, all I can smell is the seaweed from the rockpools down the road. It's enough to keep anyone calm...

Elefteros said:
went short at 10964 looking for a bounce down to 10940ish
May have asked this before, but how do you set the target, what information do you use to set the target?

chindl said:
I'm sat here and the tide is out, all I can smell is the seaweed from the rockpools down the road. It's enough to keep anyone calm...

Not me, mate :) A different kind of tide is out here and it made me nervous :)

Enjoy the tranquility there!

Attachments

• dow9.jpg
    dow9.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 137
It's going back up again. My stop is raised four more points.

Attachments

• dow10.jpg
    dow10.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 139
Interesting trade hung.

What settings are you using for the bollinger bands? I've taken a look at those in the past but never got my head around them.

Missed the move upwards and what a cracker it was. Couple of clear bounces off the 100ema at 10928 and whoosh, northbound!

It looks like the bulls have run out of steam. Just 50 more min to go and I wonder if it's going to head south again later on.

Attachments

• dow11.jpg
    dow11.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 131
resistance should become support, see chart.

this is a bad trade though as it was made as an act of revenge for not getting in 10890,

hence i may not hold out for it.

Attachments

• US30.png
    US30.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 159
Slapshot said:
Interesting trade hung.

What settings are you using for the bollinger bands? I've taken a look at those in the past but never got my head around them.

Missed the move upwards and what a cracker it was. Couple of clear bounces off the 100ema at 10928 and whoosh, northbound!

The settings are in the chart attached. If I swing trade, I would take profit on the third day the price pierces the BB but for day trading I'll let it go to 8 or 9 candles.

Cheers

Hung

Attachments

• dow12.jpg
    dow12.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 155
Raised stops further. I doubt we'll see 10980 again.

Attachments

• dow13.jpg
    dow13.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 148
Stop is breached. Not enought time to hunt for short opportunities. Will see at what price Fins will bail me out :)

Attachments

• dow15.jpg
    dow15.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 112
Well done Hungvir...

Don't you find it a bit of an unneccessary extra hindrance to then have to worry about what Fins will do?!

A flag?

It looks like a big flag to me in the chart. Anyone can shed some light on this?!

Cheers,

Hung

Attachments

• dow16.jpg
    dow16.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 131
Elefteros said:
resistance should become support, see chart.

this is a bad trade though as it was made as an act of revenge for not getting in 10890,

hence i may not hold out for it.
Thanks - the channel is still in hyour favour on this one. +, it's not oversold. There is a little resistance on the base of a pennant at 58, if it can get through there then it should get to T.
Not in my plan though, so sidelines for me now. 33 points today, could have been more but for the itchy finger. Made further gain on the last break from 60. I nearly pulled the trigger at 19:10, but, ah, but what. Happier today.

chrisw said:
Well done Hungvir...

Don't you find it a bit of an unneccessary extra hindrance to then have to worry about what Fins will do?!

Cheers, mate!

I should not have worried but I am always curious to know at what price they will close my trades. Sometimes it's two or three points below my set price but today it was spot on.

Later,

Hung

Slapshot said:
Nice one Hung!

Cheers, Slaps! It's been a happy day for everyone in this room today. May it long continue! :) I actually only took 20 out of possible 32 though.

As I post that, it breaches that channel line. There is the possibility that the rise from 7pm has moved to a flag. See chart!

Attachments

• Dow 28 June.gif
    Dow 28 June.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 184