DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

... I suppose it boils down to what suits the individual, is a balance between a mechanical/Discretionary approach a workable system.

My discretion is lacking, but perhaps with more experience that can be improved. More discretion must be the way to go.

How long have you been trading for Minch... seems like you have this game pretty much sussed :)

My discretion is lacking, but perhaps with more experience that can be improved. More discretion must be the way to go.

How long have you been trading for Minch... seems like you have this game pretty much sussed :)

I have been trading part -time for 4+ yrs now Geo, but I'm a long way from having it sussed :)

I dabbled with options for about a yr prior to that, but realised the odds were against me with the diminishing time values, I believe the real money is made writing them rather than buying calls and puts.

Its a long road but Im starting to see some progress, I've struggled in the past with I'm sure a common trader's lament of wanting action, not having the patience and discipline to sit on my hands and await good set ups.

But Im getting there, keep dusting myself off and keep plugging away. We'll nail the bugger in the end mate.

Im off down to lovely Cornwall tomorrow till next Tues visiting relatives, so I'll catch up with the chat when I'm back. Its got the making's of a nice thread this.

Good trading Geo, Dr B, Ciao

Ok, lets say you're much closer to having this sussed than me Minch :)

I am already enjoying this slower pace. Even though I could be day trading FX or whatever, as I don't have a job yet, but I hate sitting in front of the screen all day, it does my head in! Swing trading is damn broing I think, just like trading should be, but without the soul destroying screen watching bit during the day.

Enjoy Cornwall, see you next week.

Looks like a failure on E$ DB - well double top on E$ 1.5050, and FTSE at 5300. If the FTSE closes the gap to 5160, I would be a buyer there I think.

Im off down to lovely Cornwall tomorrow till next Tues visiting relatives, so I'll catch up with the chat when I'm back. Its got the making's of a nice thread this.

Good trading Geo, Dr B, Ciao

I love Cornwall Dorset Wiltshire Hampshire ..... a lot memories specially in the last 2.... :p

have a nice time Minch

when I got a bit more time I post my strategy (it take me a while to write something sensible in English.... when there is a serious discussion I am a bit lost... however I will try all the same....
I am not a chartist.... that why I got you 3 to do that.... :) but I am very defined what type of trading I do.. very disciplined and adhere to my plan.... psychology is a "tool" that I use a lot.... and above all I have learned to lose less therefore making more.... never hold the losers.... when I open a position I got a target of profit or loss, when I reached that close/sell .... if I see the tendency is still going up then I hold a bit further... but I ride the waive and get out before that mean less profit but a sure one.... how many are trying to hold on (greed) and end up losing it..... to me cents/pennies make $£ my target are monthly but is the one at the end of the year that count....

my main trading is daytrading/scalping and in USA I have found it is easier (for my method because are very volatile.... in Italy when it reach a 10% it get suspended!!!!
I do few long (anything from months to years)
investing that of course is div and let it there many years (lately I buy olive trees instead ;))

I won't bore you any more for now... I haven't invented the "hot water" ..... I am sure you all know that but how many other don't practice that :)

Heart attack research shows 'tomatoes may help'

The pips of tomatoes could hold the key to preventing blood clots which go on to contribute to heart attacks, new research has found.

According to a report in the Daily Mail, a syrup found within the pips can help to thin people's blood and reduce their risk of developing clots.

Currently, many people take aspirin to have the same affect but the researchers found that the tomato pip syrup could have advantages over this traditional prevention method.

The newspaper reported that Fruitflow, a new treatment made from the tomato pips, does not cause internal bleeding - a common side affect of taking high levels of aspirin - and its affects last a shorter time.

"This is important because it makes the effects more easily reversible: if you suffer an injury or need surgery, doctors have to quickly restore normal clotting to prevent excessive blood loss," noted the newspaper.

According to the NHS, approximately two in 1,000 women have a heart attack in the UK each year, but research published last month suggested that among the middle-aged, this figure is rising.

shame the D-mail didn't mention PXS (n) ;)

lately there is a lot publicity of that "Fruitflow"..... today they closed over 8p :)

for info....

Gold keeps on surging, hits new high of $1,118
NEW YORK (AP) -- The price of gold surged to a fresh high Wednesday as the dollar fell to a 15-month low.

Gold futures for December delivery jumped to as high as $1,119.10 an ounce on the New York Mercantile Exchange in morning trading, then slipped back to $1,114.20, up $11.70 from Tuesday's close.

Commodities including gold have been rising as the dollar has dropped. Gold's latest advance came as the dollar fell after Federal Reserve officials reiterated that the central bank will keep interest rates low for an extended period to support the economic recovery.

Low rates tend to weaken currencies including the dollar, encouraging investors to put their money in higher-yielding assets like gold. Investors also use gold as a hedge, not only against the falling dollar but also against inflation, which economists don't see as a threat right now.

The market, however, feels otherwise.

"There is this idea that inflation is inevitable," said Richard Sparks, senior equities analyst at Schaeffer's Investment Research.

Gold prices are up 26 percent year-to-date. That compares with a mere 5.5 percent increase in the gold price in 2008.

Remarks by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner that the government supports a strong greenback did little to quell investors' concerns about a continued slide in the dollar. The ICE Futures US dollar index, a widely used gauge of the dollar against other major currencies, slid 0.2 percent after earlier hitting its lowest point since August 2008.
any Gold traders here (used to do some covered warrants, but missed out this time)

very disciplined and adhere to my plan.... psychology is a "tool" that I use a lot.... and above all I have learned to lose less therefore making more.... never hold the losers....

well i hope i can learn something from you then ciao...my discipline is bad and i have a tendency to hold onto losers and try to wait for them coming good.

ciao, did i mention Pangea DiamonFields to you?

i'm think of buying @ a 50% retrace of its recent move. see what you think epic code is PDF

EDIT: just checked the volume on the retrace so far...it's quite heavy, so i'm a bit dubious about a long...i'll still monitor it to see if it drops to my entry level.

Last edited:
well i hope i can learn something from you then ciao...my discipline is bad and i have a tendency to hold onto losers and try to wait for them coming good.

:LOL::LOL: I will learn more from you then you from me... :cool:
however I believe in the "apple" >>>if I give one to you and you give one to me we have an apple each but if I give an idea to you and you give one to me we have 2 ideas<<<<
that is or what should be the forums/threads are all about "help each other"

good nigh or god morning (seen the time)

BTW just seen your PDF post... will check up later ... going to sleep few hours... but it seems a good few pennies bet..... have to see how Rio Tinto doing to get IMO a balance

nviro cleantech is struggling ciao :confused:

EDIT:

i'm surprised at this, there's no news to indicate why this hit resistance. i can't see any chart indication either.

there is bullish osc div on the daily TF though.

i'm assuming that the rejection of 5300 is having a negative effect on investor sentiment?

Last edited:
hello everyone... here I am

yes Dr. B NVR is dropping some.... but with this one, one need a lot patience IMO hist right for me (I can't follow the AIM market constantly) I buy it an forget until it comeback to my target.... hopping it hold the 5p though..

lovely surprised with PXS...:p (it is on my first target so money to be make ;))

going and get into the motion USA nearly opening I should get few $$$ there as well

talk to you all later

hello everyone... here I am

yes Dr. B NVR is dropping some.... but with this one, one need a lot patience IMO hist right for me (I can't follow the AIM market constantly) I buy it an forget until it comeback to my target.... hopping it hold the 5p though..

lovely surprised with PXS...:p (it is on my first target so money to be make ;))

going and get into the motion USA nearly opening I should get few $$$ there as well

talk to you all later

nice one with PXS ciao!!

wish i'd bought too!

my post got lost!!!!:(

just collected my oil (excellent) and seen the close of PXS ... sky high :p
now t hat they are near +/- my target tomorrow will decide what to do

shortly closing up...... take care :)

surprised no one posted ..... have you started an early w/e? ;)

I was a bit late... I couldn't post before because I was scalping in USA (PLA NLST still on SRZ + PMI)

PXS did well.... my contact couldn't sell it for me at 11p (I still have to hear if I didn't get fill or he couldn't do it..... they still in my acc. I will decide few minutes from closing and going to do some researches on them)

talk to you later