DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

Sorry to hear that Dr B.

mmm...hit 10% with this one too, but hesitated on the sell button...greed i suppose.

one of the hardest things i've ran into is trying to get a good R/R.

just keep forgetting to keep in mind the bigger picture of all the indices...should be scalping for whatever i can get in index consolidation/down T...and only looking for the bigger returns in an index rally.

what i've found myself doing is simply holding onto everything that doesn't do well, and selling things immediately for a small profit (before they go onto mak a bigger one)...completely the wrong way round.

Looking to sell FTSE at around 5350 ish, target of 5300 - 4h Bias is short now.

Looking to sell E$ around 1.4920 to 1.4935 ish - target would be 1.48.

We're right back up there on the E$, potential for short entry around this area of 1.4918

Nice short opps on the FTSE today. The 4H bias change pattern is a gem as always :)

We're right back up there on the E$, potential for short entry around this area of 1.4918

Nice short opps on the FTSE today. The 4H bias change pattern is a gem as always :)

Yes Geo, the 4H bias magic strikes again, maybe we should be looking at a few more FTSE short term plays, to mix it up while waiting for Equity trade set ups.

Last edited:
Yes Geo, the 4H bias magic strikes again, maybe we should be looking at a few more FTSE short term plays, to mix it up while waiting for Equity trade set ups.

That could be a good plan Minch :) We would have done nicely on FTSE shorts today for sure.

Maybe using the 4H Bias change pattern for swing trade entries would make sense, as it could serve as confirmation. Often a 4h trend, in one direction or another, remains in force for a few days or a week with the FTSE, and most FX pairs. If it can work with equities too, that would be ideal - I'll check out the charts at some point.

I have to say in my limited trading experience, it's the most reliable and tradeable pattern I know.

Really liking the look of E$ for shorts around this level, but 1.4935 ish looks better if poss, as it was a pivot area for the market yesterday. Potentially M15 rising wedge pattern.

maybe we should be looking at a few more FTSE short term plays, to mix it up while waiting for Equity trade set ups.

is it just me or does that have the ring of the junky too it?!

yeah man, i can quit, i just don't want to right now... :cheesy:

Thish shud do it. (Hey just a minute is that a cup and handle I see there). Ok I'll stop now, lol, its been a boring day.

Attachments

• 73cm.jpg
    73cm.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
hehehe...

well chaps, i'm away 2moro, so i'll be missing the FTSE fun and games.

i'm going to let INGG run to 4.4p, where i'll do another trading 'no-no' and buy in again to get out of my position sooner (averaging down anyone? :eek:)

once i'm out of this pants position i shall adhere to a strict 10% per position stop (or try to at least)...

does anyone know where i can get a discipline transplant?

and who's willing to be the donor?!! :cheesy:

Im in short FTSE 5297 - Target 5260.

Good stuff... I was targeting gap fill to 5140 ish, but maybe that's too ambitious :)

Did you see where E$ went to? Right to the level I had said, but I missed it, because I was asleep :)

Good stuff... I was targeting gap fill to 5140 ish, but maybe that's too ambitious :)

Did you see where E$ went to? Right to the level I had said, but I missed it, because I was asleep :)

Hope it gets there Geo, my target is just above Daily support.

Yep, good analysis again with E$, me thinks your talents could be wasted on equities.

Im out 5165 for + 32, close enough to target.

Nice trade Geo, you got a great entry there.

Nice entry cause I didn't wait for confirmation! :) Nice easy trade there though.

Well done on +32

5244 next target me thinks.