• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] WFJ , TRO by TradeSignalMachine

Which is the best darwin: WFJ or TRO ?

• Total voters
the more the uncorrelated assets the lesser the risk
Good luck Constantino. Don't assume too many things, though. The summary by Dalio in your video may not hold much when applying to the flimsy reality of Darwins:
"The simple thing is to find 15 or 20 good, uncorrelated return streams: things that are probably going to make money, but you don't know, but have a good probability of making money, (...) that are uncorrelated, that have low correlation... (...) improve your return to risk ratio by a factor of 5".

@TradeLikeAMachine
Hi Martyn, can you comment on the performance of TRO for the last 2 years?
Thanx.

@TradeLikeAMachine pls reply to this. We all want to hear what you think caused this deterioration in performance. You said here that you introduced advanced Portfolio Management which would improve returns. Yet, the returns are considerably worse!

And you are only listing TRO on your website which has better performance than the other two (still an average performance though not stellar) but the other 2 with very bad performance are not mentioned at all on your website!

Thank you for your time. And we all look forward to your prompt reply. (also emailed you using your website to bring this thread and everyone's questions to your attention, hopefully you can reply soon).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 20.32.30.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 20.32.30.png
    474.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi

Yes, I'll be the first to admit that performance has degraded compared to that previously.

I recognised this was the case (and it wasn't an expected drawdown) about 18 months ago and decided that a shift away from traditional algo trading to AI-based algo trading would be beneficial.

I worked intensively on this and went live with this about 9 months ago. Since this go-live, TRO has produced just over 11% return which I'm happy with for a first version.

I have a full development list for future improvements to how the AI model is built and am actively working on this.

So despite going into drawdown and then flat for a considerable length of time I am optimistic for the future, and the recent upturn is encouraging.

If you are interested I have more info on my website about the specific type of AI that I am using.

Hi

Yes, I'll be the first to admit that performance has degraded compared to that previously.

I recognised this was the case (and it wasn't an expected drawdown) about 18 months ago and decided that a shift away from traditional algo trading to AI-based algo trading would be beneficial.

I worked intensively on this and went live with this about 9 months ago. Since this go-live, TRO has produced just over 11% return which I'm happy with for a first version.

I have a full development list for future improvements to how the AI model is built and am actively working on this.

So despite going into drawdown and then flat for a considerable length of time I am optimistic for the future, and the recent upturn is encouraging.

If you are interested I have more info on my website about the specific type of AI that I am using.

Thank you for your reply.

What about your other Darwins?