Daily Dax

So on the 39 stochs..........the 10, 5 and 1 min are starting to point to a turning point? (All under 10)

I concur....

Just got a small long at 7503. Hour has held at 7500, these stochs are looking at turning..So I got in. Watching this one like a hawk.

Stochastic settings

I've seen many different settings of the stoch indicator. I use generally use standard setting 14,3,3

For eg I went short today DAX @ 11.05, My DEMA (8), MA (10) crossover, exactly same time the standard stoch and its target line ran parallel at 80. Giving more or less the same result, but the line up with the crossover gives me the confidence of a valid trade.

1,2,3 turning as you say Ziff, however 30 & one hour near top of the range and perhaps turning down?? 3 & 4 hour on the way up.

Had a look at the 39, for me, I don't think I could trade it, so I'll be sticking with my standard and occasional (14, 39, 3)

Good luck to you all

I've seen many different settings of the stoch indicator. I use generally use standard setting 14,3,3

For eg I went short today DAX @ 11.05, My DEMA (8), MA (10) crossover, exactly same time the standard stoch and its target line ran parallel at 80. Giving more or less the same result, but the line up with the crossover gives me the confidence of a valid trade.

1,2,3 turning as you say Ziff, however 30 & one hour near top of the range and perhaps turning down?? 3 & 4 hour on the way up.

Had a look at the 39, for me, I don't think I could trade it, so I'll be sticking with my standard and occasional (14, 39, 3)

Good luck to you all

Oi :!:

Thought you were on holiday ?

:cheesy:

bah... what a load of crap that trade was, out for - 35pts. If it rises back to where i bought it at then i'll go long again....

As for the stochs... to be honest, i can't get the feel of the 14,3,3 setting. From what i can see tho, i am liking the 39,1,1 setting and trading it to S/R levels... After a few bad days using trend following systems, i'm begining to loose interest in them. I just seem to get false signals all the time, and when i do get a signal that's right, i seem to loose out on signficant amounts of profit. I'm very interested in moving over to trading brent crude on the 39 system...

Hi Ziff

I know, I know

Just a quick trade ( get withdrawal symptoms after a while)!!!!

Logged in last night to update and need my fix!, so traded the DAX this am, got my 20 and thats it now, logging off before the missus catches me!!!

Good luck

looking to open.......

a long position....just waiting for some confirmation. Dip my toe in the water to start with. But as said previously I am looking to buy if 7500 holds.

Same here. A bit pissed off tho because my the price went 1pt over my top on cmc :devilish:, i would of still been in otherwise... Think i might try adding an extra 5pts to my stops to give room for cmc prices

bah... what a load of crap that trade was, out for - 35pts. If it rises back to where i bought it at then i'll go long again....

As for the stochs... to be honest, i can't get the feel of the 14,3,3 setting. From what i can see tho, i am liking the 39,1,1 setting and trading it to S/R levels... After a few bad days using trend following systems, i'm begining to loose interest in them. I just seem to get false signals all the time, and when i do get a signal that's right, i seem to loose out on signficant amounts of profit. I'm very interested in moving over to trading brent crude on the 39 system...

Have a look at the 39/2/8 setting. It smooths it out a bit.

with 39,2,8 are we still buying only when it goes below 10 and comes back up and seeling when it goes above 90 and comes back down?

long....

@7503....hour chart has held 7500 on previous 2 occasions...enough for me...nice tight stop though....

well this has all turned a but crap. Got the cross over on the 3hr graph on the ftse, and now i'm down 16pts from my entry, then a pending order from yesterday that i forgot to delete kicked in, and i lost 10pts on that :devilish: Getting close to writing this 3hr stuff off.

looks like we all called that one wrong lol. I hate the fact that wallstreet dictates the majority of the markets... Even more reason to swtich to commodities in my opinion