Daily Dax

I look at the ten minute and higher. When I trade smaller time scales I can never see the wood forthe trees. As I have said before large balls and an iron nerve are a prerequisite to trade on a 1 minute chart. Ziff are you still using an MA based system ?

5 & 12 DEMAs Mark on the 1 and 5 min.

ziff. You just wait for the ma's to cross ? I find small ma's on small time frames mean I get whipsawed all over the place.

three hours. I'm also bullish on the dow at the moment, because in my humble opinion, the dow should go through 13500 and hold above it, and we should see 13680 before seeing new lows as the weekly chart is bearish in my opinion. So i'm hoping that the european markets will reflect this today. I'm hoping that i'll get the signal around 520-530, then i'll be looking to jump off the dax at 600. If it holds above 600 (which i don't think it will do) i'll jump back on :)

I agree smaller time frames are whipsaw but I can often have a few trades on a 1 min befor I get a signal on a 10 min.

It seems to struggle around 7600 and remember we have a gap up from yesterday

i've got resistence at around 600 and thats my target to jump off at once i get the signal to go long, support is around 380

I will be looking to get long over 7570. This will confirm in my mind that the bearish price action is over for the time being. Not at the charts at the moment but I would like 7500 to hold on the hourlies. Personally I would like to start buying around the low 7500's targeting 2he 7550 / 60 area in the first instance. I would be very bullish should we break 7570. My target would then be up around 7615.

Thats about where I have it too.

I do not see much upside until US pulls it up.

Up until a few weeks before the high at 8151 the Dax seemed to lose its real strength & was pulled along with US where as before that the Dax was pulling everything along

And notice that the Dax topped first yet again. It seems to do this a tops, wander if it will bottom first!

just an idea.........

would anyone have a problem if a new dax weekly trading thread was started ?

we have quite an active thread here with plenty of posters. It would make it much easier to check back on posts etc...without having to plough through 100 odd pages.

let me know what you think.

we have quite an active thread here with plenty of posters. It would make it much easier to check back on posts etc...without having to plough through 100 odd pages.

Gets my vote !

hmm my trade isn't looking too healthy :eek: Hoping i don't get stopped out before the US opens, and hopefully wallstreet will open up and pull the dax with it. At least my short position on GBP/USD is ticking away...

hmm my trade isn't looking too healthy :eek: Hoping i don't get stopped out before the US opens, and hopefully wallstreet will open up and pull the dax with it. At least my short position on GBP/USD is ticking away...

Kevin,

are you long or short? the (39,1,1) on 10-mins is below 75, so I thought you would be short?

Wheres your stop Kevin ?

Mark, the 39 stochs :)cool: ) tied in almost exactly to my DEMA cross on the 1 min at 1100 ;)

looking to open.......

a long position....just waiting for some confirmation. Dip my toe in the water to start with. But as said previously I am looking to buy if 7500 holds.

my stop is at 7480... i'm still confident that it will go up, just think i jumped the gun a bit by buying at 7525