Currency trading (Sep 25th - 29th)

Where will cable be by the end of this week ?

• Total voters
8976 is all Im after chaps

if we drop to 8835 then I may have a rethink other than that I'll just wait

hi Neil, i tend to use midnight - 7am as the Asian range, Frankfurt opening @7am, London @8am. Others may use different times, from what i've read.

Attacked by Butterfly syndrome

ChowClown said:
hi Neil, i tend to use midnight - 7am as the Asian range, Frankfurt opening @7am, London @8am. Others may use different times, from what i've read.

Thanks Chow - I will look at Midnight to 8am range to compare. At the moment pure price action seems to appeal more as being less artificial. More coffee :eek:

Five minute chart of Pound with some thoughts :eek:

Attachments

• PIN WEDS.JPG
    PIN WEDS.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 164
ChowClown said:
...can see this pulling back for DC to climb on :cool: that'll have us flat, OT. I'll be re-arming short though if it can get back up to 930-940.

...and flat. Watch and wait for a while now.

...tempted to tweak the BO strat for a while until the daily ATR begins to lift again. Lowest ATR since end of Mar/Apr. Each BE trade this month has offered a chance to take +20.

ChowClown said:
...tempted to tweak the BO strat for a while until the daily ATR begins to lift again. Lowest ATR since end of Mar/Apr. Each BE trade this month has offered a chance to take +20.

My strategy is to move s/l to +30 at +60 so even if goes back you at least get something. I am reluctant to tweak too much, as the whole point of the strategy is to get the big moves and the danger is that you end up just getting +20 all the time which is less than your original s/l and thus not good risk reward. I just guess it's one of those times at the moment and we have to wait. It's worked in the past, so is unlikely to fall apart now

Everything stops for tea

ChowClown said:

Chow- have a coffee break and a biscuit. It's that time of day :D :cheesy:

ChowClown said:

Chow , your BO strat seems to be working very well. Do you put a (say 5 pip) filter on the trades or just trade the first b/o? Some BO strats that I have seen, wait for the pullback

Offshore Trader said:
My strategy is to move s/l to +30 at +60 so even if goes back you at least get something. I am reluctant to tweak too much, as the whole point of the strategy is to get the big moves and the danger is that you end up just getting +20 all the time which is less than your original s/l and thus not good risk reward. I just guess it's one of those times at the moment and we have to wait. It's worked in the past, so is unlikely to fall apart now
..you're right, of course. Discipline weakness rearing it's head again. Like your idea of the +30 lock in though :cheesy:

neil said:
Chow- have a coffee break and a biscuit. It's that time of day :D :cheesy:
aye, good idea - we're having our MacMillan Coffee & Cakes day today - marvellous!

Just wish it had gone another 10 points this morning. It also looks as if it is trying to use the 8920 Asian low as resistance, which would be very annoying. Anyway, discipline and patience...

zuke said:
Chow , your BO strat seems to be working very well. Do you put a (say 5 pip) filter on the trades or just trade the first b/o? Some BO strats that I have seen, wait for the pullback
hi Zuke, there's a variable filter on the one i'm trading atm.

Offshore Trader said:
Just wish it had gone another 10 points this morning. It also looks as if it is trying to use the 8920 Asian low as resistance, which would be very annoying. Anyway, discipline and patience...
...on your BO, do you try and 're-arm' the orders once stopped out, if price enters the middle zone between the entries, or do you keep it simple and stick to a max of 2 trades/day for the strat?

ChowClown said:
...on your BO, do you try and 're-arm' the orders once stopped out, if price enters the middle zone between the entries, or do you keep it simple and stick to a max of 2 trades/day for the strat?

I will re-arm if I get stopped out at B/E I try to limit my losses by not re entering when stopped out in case it just turns out to be a rangy market. I'm still not sure on the correct strategy though and I think that it might be better just to go with max 2 trade per day (i.e. one up, one down) as in my experience the markets are either very trendy or rangebound. I know that sounds obvious but "very" is the important word. In answer to your question, if we reach 35/40 area then I will reinstate a short stop.

As I said before, just because it's been a bit frustrating the last 7 or 8 days doesn't mean the system doesn't work. It is annoying that I was short well above 1.90 and I haven't made any money though!