Currency trading (Oct 16th > 20th)

wheres it going and whats your favourite? (split)

• Total voters
wasp said:
Well the strenth of the up trendline does not ellicit confidence in the downmove but then thats the beauty of a spare account :cheesy: For some reason unbeknown to me especially, I still favour downside... :eek:

Maybe it's because you saw what I think you saw.

Added short 8690.

Closed all shorts at 8682, +27 pips.

Last edited:
smbtnt said:
Maybe it's because you saw what I think you saw.

Maybe, but I really should stop eating those little squares of coloured paper from strangers :cheesy:

its the big intraday moves that have me coming back to cable all the time :rolleyes:

my scandic trades are doing very nice, just need cable to follow through...

re: the poll

This poll malarky is proving questionable...

I see 90% of us all trade cable with the odd flutter (maybe the wrong word!) on other pairs so I think settles that one!

The week ending part I started to see what the general consencus is and a bit of fun. I'm not sure how many people pay much attention to it and also think it might be misleading to newbies here on these weekly threads. Also, I think it can be misleading as without a cut off voting date, by the end of the week its a bit obvious which way to vote!

I'll keep it going but put a cut off point Monday midnight instead. Also shall remove the 'irrelevant' option as we all mostly day trade and ergo, it is irrelevant, but it is just a bit of fun.

On a side note: Since the weekly currency threads are going strong, it looks like they are here to stay for now as we have a good group of regular watchers, so any newbies and lurkers don't be afraid to jump in and ask questions etc... Say hello, we're all a friendly bunch just chatting whilst trading as its a lonely job at times....

Waffling on now so I'll shut up! Good trading and welcome/hi to any newbies and lurkers...

Leave the vote open for this week Wasp. I need a winner one way or another this week so I will vote about 4pm on Friday. ;)

Just noticed your from Brighton. That's two people I know of from Brighton that can write!

Uphios said:
Just noticed your from Brighton. That's two people I know of from Brighton that can write!

:LOL: Rich coming from Crawley!!!! (Used to live in East Grinstead and went to your oh-so-lovely college!)

wasp said:
:LOL: Rich coming from Crawley!!!! (Used to live in East Grinstead and went to your oh-so-lovely college!)

Ahh, that would explain why you can write ;)

Uphios said:
Ahh, that would explain why you can write ;)

They taught that :eek: I thought it was all just BTEC beauty therapy and builders courses. How to paint your nails and show off your ass whilst working, although not sure which was taught in which :LOL:

I actually did a business course at the top of the tower(?!) and had views of the whole of Crawley... Still shudder at the thought!

Offshore Trader said:
Dollar looking really strong but cable's fortunes completely rely on the EUR/GBP 0.6700 support IMHO.

Had a small punt in USD/CHF which has been far more profitable than the Cable. S/L on Cable now at +10 and fear that this will be hit

Any ideas for next weeks poll (in addition to cable direction).. anything anyone like to know?

I think you should keep the "irrelevant" option, as I honestly belive it is.

what may be interesting the main time-frames for trading, and perhaps average number of trades in that time-frame.
EDIT: number of trades per week in chosen time-frame.

Last edited:
trendie said:
I think you should keep the "irrelevant" option, as I honestly belive it is.

what may be interesting the main time-frames for trading, and perhaps average number of trades in that time-frame.

I agree it is irrelevant but If you pick one, I promise I won't hold you to it! :cheesy:

(It'll stay then..)