Currency trading (Oct 16th > 20th)

wheres it going and whats your favourite? (split)

• Total voters
Any newbies lurking today? Pretend your at an AA meeting... Whats your name, where do you come from, how long have you been trading? You never know, you might be able to enlighten all of us! We were all newbies once tho...

Cable finally flaged a down move for me at midnight and has moved steadily up ever since. I think charting is a thing of the past.

Actually, I have since zoomed in and re-drawn my line acurately and the break is doubtful, bang on the line and not below it.

Attachments

• SP32-20061019-082516.gif
    SP32-20061019-082516.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
still looking at my break yesterday, we might just see a retrace to 30 ish then back down....

EDIT: Hit and bounced back slightly... await the news time before anything more....

Attachments

• Chart of GBP~USD.gif
    Chart of GBP~USD.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Chart of GBP~USD.gif
    Chart of GBP~USD.gif
    41.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Long 8715, stop 8640. Target open.

Added long at 8725.

Last edited:
I hope you guys who live in the UK have been spending like mad. I could do with a good retail sales number this morning :cheesy:

Morning, am trading all day today so let's see what happens.

Short 8723 target; all the way down ! ?Stop high bar @ 28

Offshore Trader said:
I hope you guys who live in the UK have been spending like mad. I could do with a good retail sales number this morning :cheesy:

Even with a bad number cable could still go up, possibly with a spike down first.

It's happened before.

Cable can do anything it bleedin likes besides what the news/economy/worlld/chart says!

Thats what makes it so fun and exciting!!! (oops! not allowed emotion apparantly).

Ok, so I stayed in past the last bar as it was coming to the hour mark, spose the high of yesterday should be a good stop point really around 38 mark... down before the news now then back up again ? Or up all the way to the news then down ? :confused:

good morning all,

my system was long yesterday from 1.8722, calls for short today at 1.8713. no
protective stops or targets.

the probability framework oct19 pre-open is;
level gbpusd pbty
lt3_____1.8823___0.153
lt2_____1.8760___0.376
lt1_____1.8714___0.617

bstop____1.8685___0.891
sstop____1.8662____88.3

st1_____1.8632___0.594

st2-----1.8601---0.362
st3-----1.8554---0.155

if anyone is finding my doodlings on the probablity framework interesting, let me know. i don't want to be
wasting people's time.

good luck today, david

i'll be out for 3 hours or so

David, don't worry about wasting peoples time mate, it's all interesting reading when someone has a viewpoint on what they are doing.

Best of luck

Just cut this baby for -3 don't like going against the trend particularly when there's news coming out, makes me nervous ! I'll wait and see I think

what a wild ride! Lets see if it continues! - US numbers might put the last nail in the grave later!..
worried about a sudden retrace, gonna aim at a very meager 20 pips..