Currency Trading (Nov 13th > Nov 17th)

Where will GBPUSD close at end of week?

• Higher:150 or more pips higher than last Fridays close

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Same: Less than 150 pips from last Fridays close.

• Lower: 150 pips or more lower than last Fridays close.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Not bovvered - I go where the waves send me

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Most of my trades last 30 minutes or less (scalp)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Most of my trades last 2 hours or less (session open related)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Most of my trades last 8 hours or less (intra-session)

• Most of my trades last 24 hours or less ( daily pattern)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Most of my trades last more than one day (swing)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morning all. No positions on Cable at the moment. My system has given me a signal to short at 8918, but it's too deep in oversold territory for me to take such a risky short.

Had a great 2 weeks on the Dow (10 consecutive winnning days!) and now hold a 12220 short, so most of my day will be spent playing that, Oil and the Scandis.

BOE inflation report coming up and that should be a market mover.

Incidentally, I have just closed my account with one spreadbetter, who are absolutely appalling at running orders. There is slippage on virtually all stops and limits are only filled if the market goes well through. I'm not prepared to name and shame on the forum but if anyone wants to know the name send me a PM.

On the other side of the coin for people looking to use spreadbetters, City Index haven't got the narrowest spreads but are excellent on orders

Closed shorts from 945 and 920 @ 868 and 867 respectfully. We're nearly on 50% retracement of the Oct 11 to Nov 10 rally. If we break that I'll continue looking short, otherwise we'll consolidate here.

Overnight range breakout

5 minute GBP chart

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 199
City Bound said:
Closed shorts from 945 and 920 @ 868 and 867 respectfully. We're nearly on 50% retracement of the Oct 11 to Nov 10 rally. If we break that I'll continue looking short, otherwise we'll consolidate here.

Well done mate and I hope my thoughts didn't cause a wobble of confidence. It shouldn't, I don't trade on what I think, just what I see, so Idon't see why anyone else should :cheesy:

Offshore Trader said:
Well done mate and I hope my thoughts didn't cause a wobble of confidence. It shouldn't, I don't trade on what I think, just what I see, so Idon't see why anyone else should :cheesy:

Cheers. In the past it might have done but since finding this thread I've learnt to stick to my guns more. It used to be quite disconcerting to find people doing exactly the opposite to me; however stupid that may sound, It's a market after all!

Yes, Big Ben works.
chow isnt trading big ben ?? or have I missed a post
Hi DC, that's right, a variation on the early morning shuffle, as you know :) Some might call what i trade Big Ben, in terms of the timing of entries, but the entry levels and trade management are different.

Yes, Big Ben works.
chow isnt trading big ben ?? or have I missed a post

Yes, what I (also) like with Big Ben is that you can trade your own version of the method, and still do OK. ;)

Last edited:
Legion said:
Holding short , steady as she goes, minor support poosibly @1.2386 yet anticipate sub 1.2350 next day or so. thats outta my control though

Yes legion it is, Ive realised a loss stopped out @ 1.2481,

Trend shift up Flagged 6.30 am Its rolled over then look for value 7.30 am (thats a familiar time ) only I was in bed, The trends shift i tend to get take between 24 36 hours to cycle round depending on what or where the market drives the price, obviously i need to look at programming an audible alert. I'm workin on the GRAIL :) those trends shifts are grail signals

taken an short 1.2510 , counter ,

closed 1.2500,
time for a cup o tea.wait for the next extreme

Last edited: