Currency Trading Dec 11th-15th

This continued weakness of EUR/GBP is wrecking the short Cable positions. There should be some support around here. Let's hope there is another leg down without EUR/GBP following it

...i'm seeing a new bullish pattern on the hrly now - down to 560 and then up towards tgt line around 650 - usual disclaimers apply!!...will be watching price action closely around 560 (should we get there) to take some vebo profit, if the pattern pauses around that level.

jacinto said:
correct me chow, but think the setup is still there.

j
...snap J, was typing that up as you posted :)

...it's a cleaner setup than the last one. Theoretically greater chance of reaching the target area, but you never know and need to be scanning lower TFs for counter waves, just in case.

Last edited:
Morning all,
At last some follow through! Still holding my "VEBO variant" short from 9670 odd from yesterday. About 100 pips on-side as we speak.

Also took another short on a different strategy at 9617, covered half at +30 and trailing a stop on the rest.

For what it's worth (and I'm not trading it personally) my end of year projection on cable is still intact at the moment:
Post 189

...the brave wolves will be long about now.....although there is entry tolerance down to 525, which would suit our breakouts nicely! :). Decided to lock in a few VEBO pips here, just in case there's a swift reversal.

ChowClown said:
...the brave wolves will be long about now.....although there is entry tolerance down to 525, which would suit our breakouts nicely! :). Decided to lock in a few VEBO pips here, just in case there's a swift reversal.

well, i am just a Coyote, so will wait for around 50

a_gnome said:
Morning all,
At last some follow through! Still holding my "VEBO variant" short from 9670 odd from yesterday. About 100 pips on-side as we speak.

Also took another short on a different strategy at 9617, covered half at +30 and trailing a stop on the rest.

For what it's worth (and I'm not trading it personally) my end of year projection on cable is still intact at the moment:

Post 189
Hi a_g, that's a great variation you have there, seems to suit recent conditions very well. Good to see someone building their Christmas bonus!

jacinto said:
well, i am just a Coyote, so will wait for around 50

guess a brave wolf would have taken it where you mention chow. I wont take the first coyote trade like that, and probably missed the entry altogether. now to look for a price action dictated long.

forgot to add....call me Willy :LOL:

Last edited:
jacinto said:
now to look for a price action dictated long.
...i like the hrly inside bar plays...will wait for that or similar bullish bar pattern from 15/30/60 TFs. Could push lower though and offer an even better entry later...time for a cuppa.

ChowClown said:
...i like the hrly inside bar plays...will wait for that or similar bullish bar pattern from 15/30/60 TFs. Could push lower though and offer an even better entry later...time for a cuppa.

willy went long 73.

My stop is at b/e so I think I'll just let it run, I can't help but feel that the US CPI will be the watershed we have been looking for. The Fed and the bond market are pretty out of sync on the likely direction of rates and this could be the deciding piece of data. One of them has to be wrong, if it's the Fed that's a pretty big admission! It's entirely possible that we could see CPI dispell the remnants of the "one more hike club" in which case we will (hopefully) zoom upwards.

ChowClown said:
Hi a_g, that's a great variation you have there, seems to suit recent conditions very well. Good to see someone building their Christmas bonus!

Well, it's actually taken a fair number of whips in between hitting some good winners and it is actually down over the last few weeks. In the long term it makes money pretty consistently though so I'm keeping the faith!

Morning all, longed cable 9570, stop/target open, expecting a rough ride for the rest of the day. ;)