Currency trading (Aug 14th > 18th)

Ok well I scalped the short from 90 - 77 (10 pips after spread) so now waiting for another short at a better level. Sound good ? Scalp 10 at a time me thinks...

Morning guys. Any thoughts today. Not really sure if we will get above 1.90 today because although the USD is weak EUR/GBP has broken through 6770 which could see it start an uptrend.

Short from 9000... not really here chaps, am at work and just popping in and out as can't really do a lot...

have a good one all

Morning all. Still short from 9015. OT, shame you got out of your Yen short, its given me another 100+ pips and it heads to the 50% Fib.

BTW..I've been tsting the ECN platforms...MB's is ok, but hotspot's really is ugly and difficult to get used to!!

zuke said:
Morning all. Still short from 9015. OT, shame you got out of your Yen short, its given me another 100+ pips and it heads to the 50% Fib.

BTW..I've been tsting the ECN platforms...MB's is ok, but hotspot's really is ugly and difficult to get used to!!

Never fear I got back in and collected yesterday and this morning......

4 pips slippage on OandA on a (paper trade) news breakout sell order at 1.8990 this morning but their spread was 15 pips for exiting which is really horrible. Didn't do IB today to compare it to.

Mornin all,

Is it me or is UK news, well, crap. I guess it comes down to US news being on a larger scale, more important and having the UK and US traders boosting it but it would be nice to see UK announcements follow through with as much zest as that at 1:30...

wasp said:
Mornin all,

Is it me or is UK news, well, crap. I guess it comes down to US news being on a larger scale, more important and having the UK and US traders boosting it but it would be nice to see UK announcements follow through with as much zest as that at 1:30...

Yes, I think that I'd go along with that. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's not really worth trading.

at least with th US you can get in a bit late and still be confident of a bit of a run but UK just spikes and dies off

Priceman said:
Anyone fancy a quick long before the US open upto around 8980/9000 again...

I am short here and if it goes back above 75/80 I wouldn't really know what to expect after that, probably a resumption of the uptrend, so no.

I'm short too at the moment and have a horrible feeling we have already seen the high and low for today...

Priceman said:
Anyone fancy a quick long before the US open upto around 8980/9000 again...

nah, Im still favouring the short side. I ve been burnt too many times, swimming against the trend.

How many of us here can meet up in London?

Rather than an area related meet up, it would be good to have an FX traders meet. I can see a few are a bit far afield but it would be good to put same faces to the nicks if we could work something out?

Anyone intersted?

its funny you should mention that the UK spiked and the US normally doesn't because it should today

Not really looking for the price to do much today could live with 8905 still looking for the week to finish at 9046