Country Ken's Tips and racing discussions

It's a good thing he doesn't bet on greyhounds.

Then we might suggest that he is dogged by bad luck. :cheesy:

Knowing Kenny's gambling skill though, I reckon he would probably lay the hare. :LOL:

Anyone can tell Ken has a superb skill, on the contrary a genuine gambler loses everything he's got in one bet.

Not Kenny though, he wins after losing, he lose but he wins again! Now that's skill.

Even a cat not wearing its glasses can see the difference.

Mr. Charts said:
Forgive my ignorance, I don't know anything about horse racing, but is CountryKen a bookmaker?
Hi Richard

Country Ken is an expert tipster, not a bookmaker, who generously and freely gives of his skills. To find out more read the first two posts at the start of this thread.

Ken is also a great character who takes in good heart the gentle chaffing of the Pickled Primate, Mayo and Anon, all of whom are biding their time before amassing their fortunes when Ken really gets into his stride. Sport of Kings, mate, know wot I mean?

I suspect Mr Charts was taking the proverbial Michael, dear Peto.

He knows very well what horse racing is all about and was using his dry wit to poke fun at Ken's propensity for losing, hence making the suggestion that he may in fact be a bookmaker.

Just thought I would point this out.

Country Ken is an expert tipster

If he is an expert tipster, I would hate to see a bad one.

And Peto, I am a saline primate, not a pickled one, except of course when I have had a few alcoholic imbibements. I am then both pickled and saline, something akin to salt and vinegar crisps.

Salty Gibbon said:
I suspect Mr Charts was taking the proverbial Michael, dear Peto.

Now then Salty, I fear you may be right, thank you for bringing this to my attention. "Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes." I bow my head.

I can only hope that dear old Ken continues to be quietly amused at the additional ribbing with Mr Charts now adding to the list. I'm certain that this w/e's nags will do the business and provide the great turn-around we have all be waiting for (or else Ken will have a convincing explanation of why they didn't).

pete

I can only hope that dear old Ken continues to be quietly amused at the additional ribbing with Mr Charts now adding to the list. I'm certain that this w/e's nags will do the business and provide the great turn-around we have all be waiting for (or else Ken will have a convincing explanation of why they didn't).

I would echo those sentiments entirely.

If there is no turnaround in Kenny's results soon, then it may well be necessary to transfer the entire contents of this thread to the "Joke of the Day" thread.

Let us hope that that potentially disastrous outcome does not become reality.

Why don't you lot allow him to enjoy himself with his horses, without being so nasty ?

If he wants to post his opinions on the merits of one horse against another, why not let him ?

I cannot see this thread doing any harm to anybody, because after all it all depends upon the horse. Yes, the horse, of course !

This is a similar situation to football mania ~ no amount of yelling by the fans is going to influence the outcome, and so, in horse racing, if the horse decides on the day it will not give of its best and run as fast as it can, nothing can be done to alter it.

It is all up to the horse and the jockey that sits on it, and not the crowd that watches it.

Go away Socrates - you notorious thread interloper and hijacker.

Phew, thought I should say something in view of Soc's exceedingly rude and offensive post # 287.

Never seen anything like it in my life.

Last edited:
Selections for today the 13-08-2005 ( Saturday )

Good Morning All,

Here are todays bets on the 13-08-2005 ( Saturday )

4-15 NEWMARKET - Twin win

No. 3. BENEDICT - 1.5 pts win - rating = 6/10 - 1st @ 11-4
No. 5. RESTORATION - 1.5 pts win - rating = 6/10

5-00 NEWBURY - Twin win

No. 5. ROMAN VILLA - 1.5 pts win - rating = 6/10
No. 7. LA BELLA GRANDE - 2 pts win - rating = 7/10 - 1st @ 100-30

P.S. There could be a further bet, if so, will post
at no later then 1-15 p.m.

Good luck all

Cheers
Ken

Last edited:
Tipsters - I'll see if i---------------

Hi again,

I'll see if i can get hold of one of the high profile tipster tips.

10 - 15 mins or so

Ken

Last edited:
Tipping service - tip

Hi,

No tips from - H Rix

The only one i could get hold of is from - winning line

this is their tip

2-10 Newbury

No. 10. Strut - win

its a listed race, the horse is unexposed, but its taking
quite a big step up in class.

im not backing it for that reason

Ken

Strut wins.

Ken advised against backing it.

This gets funnier every day.

Chortle, snort, guffaw... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :cheesy:

Salty Gibbon said:
Go away Socrates - you notorious thread interloper and hijacker.

Phew, thought I should say something in view of Soc's exceedingly rude and offensive post # 287.

Never seen anything like it in my life.
Aw ! Alright then....

Brilliant spot, Salty.
A true contrarian in action.
Clearly "strut" was a no brainer under the circumstances and had I been a gambler I would have backed it to the hilt.
I am now totally convinced countryken is a bookie.........
You are quite right as usual, Socrates, this thread does no harm to anyone. In fact I read it out of pure amusement which I'm sure is exactly what ck intended and I'm certain he would not want anyone to take the "tips" seriously.

Is this an interactive thread?
I mean can anyone tip horses on here?
I have a dead cert for Sandown Park which I have special knowledge of as I live near there and the horse is very familiar with the going, almost a local.
Anyone can PM me to ask but I will only tell the first 10 as I don't want the price shortening because everybody is backing it.

When Ken doesn't back a winner which turned out to be a winner, it shows Ken's generosity, because he doesn't want the bookies to go broke.