Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

cracking us session so far ...boy the sparks are flying

yen and usd are being hammered south ................to -40's now since 1pm UK time
Cad is THE buy .....and the Euro

scalpwise its a pipfest ............EJ and EU bulls both flying at present ......Ucad sells been a star .......and GU also coming hard north

game on

gbp as a currency is watching on the sidelines ...only reason to be buying gu is the weak usd ..................wait till it flames on and joins the fun

cracking us session so far ...boy the sparks are flying

yen and usd are being hammered south ................to -40's now since 1pm UK time
Cad is THE buy .....and the Euro

scalpwise its a pipfest ............EJ and EU bulls both flying at present ......Ucad sells been a star .......and GU also coming hard north

game on

great afternoons trading ......Euro is still on the bull path although rangy now..that dude creamed some 70 pip swing low / high in the us morning session

yen still selling and usd looks like its gonna fold south again after some consolidation time

have a great weekend ..will post video as usual at some point ...jees I also promise to catch up with all the emails sent to me ......sorry gang for delays :smart:

N

I have developed two different strategies (or systems if you like) over the last few months. I did an ample research, back tested, demo traded, other due diligence. I think I am now ready to trade properly for real. I have traded with real money before but think I am now in a position where I can have much success. My two methods seem quite holy grail (if that is possible) when I backtested. It doesn't mean I don't get losers but there are far more winners and positive pips month on month is almost certainty. One strategy is price action, combined with support resistance while the second relies more on a combination of indicators. As far as back testing goes, both have a very high success rate and, if good money management is in place, the returns should be excellent.

What I am asking is whether if you guys trade different systems (or strategies) from the same account or have separate accounts for each system you trade.

I must say a big thank you to Dylan for posting his stuff yesterday. I incorporated one of his ideas into my indicator system and it seems to have made my own system even better. So a big thanks for that.

Just to add, I do realise trading with real money at stake is a different ball game because of the psychology and when you backtest you can often start seeing things the way you want to see because of the preconceived elements of what you are looking for, but with said, I do think if I hold my nerve while in trade and stick to strict money management and show discipline there is no reason why my account shouldn't be making really good progress.

like a famous author once wrote

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

trading is a bit like that for me ........I will operate an overriding strategy (ie my highest probability one).....but be alert to using 2-3 others if the conditions apply

like a General deploying his troops .....you have to decide what tactic will work most effectively in the situation at the time

N

took a quick squizz finally at charts today ........

I cannot believe my eyes .........and that I wasn't trading to sell the GBP earlier today ..i missed taking 50-90 pips off most GBP pairs in my usual 6-8am session ...GU was 75 pips possible :whistling

bloody peach ....and the 3 duck corrie signalled it as well :rolleyes:

some you win - some you lose :confused:
N

Attachments

• gu sells.JPG
    gu sells.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 101
hey guys

wont be a charts much today either due to other workload ........

not much volatility yet on London session.......usd the main buy re pairs so far

N

jees the gbp is getting hammered again today ....

good for scalping .....

bad for buying beers on holiday in canaries

N

70+ pip fall so far on GBP London from 6am .........its a rerun of yesterday

nothing came near the GU sells in my stable this morning ......lets see what US session brings

GBP is fighting back at moment and managed to push back 15-20 pips so far from days low around 10.30

N

gbp has had a brighter us session so far bouncing back 50% from daily lows in London session ...........but its back under pressure again now

GU is already back to -80 pips below of yesterdays daily low and hammering the $H low again ........

give it a little space to breathe and play the straddle moves