Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

when market volatility drops - be happy to sit back at moment and watch it come to you .......

never chase your trades guys ........if the market slows then chill out and wait .........you can always go back in on the first , second or later waves once it shows its next hand !

N

if you follow what I do you will hear me bemoaning poor correlation patterns this morning now

that's not sour grapes ...............just the facts !!!

watch this on 7 p's of strengthmeter trading ............when I say patterns I really do mean patterns matter !!!

N

after 2 hours scalping all my major pairs I trade are back inside 10 pips of 6am opens

just goes to show that this morning really has kept pretty tight

it will open up more post 8am .........but I need to go now

hey made my targets so no complaints .............EJ and UJ and EA made me the money from 6-7am this morning ..........GU has been disappointing so far

as I leave I like Buying USD and Yen and selling gbp

cheers
N

ok reworking the GU south .........to 3209 now .better

trying to sell others into a small yen / USD bull phase as well ........Sell EJ

GU to 3204.................EJ sold now to 115.15

last signoffs for me so no complaints

N

well into London morning now..........

USD is a solid Bull with CHF and Euro mainly been bull as well
AUD still a sell , yen is ranging on the bear side .......gbp is swinging ....CAD ranging - mainly bear sells

pairwise

the EA has been to +50 from 6am .......EJ / UJ / UCAD all been to +30'/40's as well

solid session - no real dramas
N

perfect correlation patterns on my indicators .....thats when I go to my #1 favourite pair

GU

ok I am still playing the Gu south at times and have a little riding the EA south ..........back later for us opens as calls to make now

since USD and Yen continue to hold bull the Ucad is now a potential rebuy above 3010's

N

well well.........usd and yen hold the bull ........

GU down to 3120's , EA to 4710s.... and Ucad bull got to 3044..........not too shabby

N

hey all

been tied up most of the afternoon ..........been popping in and out when possible

us session has seen a decent selloff on GBP ........to -40/50 pips
Euro came off a little as well ......the rest of G8 bull

pairs traded

Gu sold off from 2.30pm highs of 3150 down to 3088 at times ........decent 50/60 pips on offer

EA has hammered out some nice sells .......from highs of 4730's down to 4676 .....again 40-50 on offer in long run

have a good evening
N

morning all...see me over at the trading thread

overnights
Yen bull to +30s
GBP bear to -20's
both have retreated later in session
NZD bull

London 6am .......
Bull USD to +10 , Yen bull at times to +10
GBP the sell to -15's

pairs scalping......

nice continuation of GBP and yen from Asian gives me confidence so far ........been scalping GU sells primarily and a few others off the main currency trends so far

GU selling off 3100 R levels and below until further notice

early days
N

yen has heavily sold off since Asian highs .now a net bear for the day
GBP has come north again off Asian lows ............its bout to break bull for day

so I am generally trading Asian reversals still

it is very very important to always understand where your currencies are on the Day .....especially early London

N

bloody hard work this morning into 8am bar ..............have a good day guys ........I really had to work for my pips this morning ...............it will open up easier later

N

nvp ------ your patter is top rate this time of day --- you are like a coiled spring and if you dont slow down a heart attack lurking

hey mate ..............finally got some decent moves after 2 hours of bloody scalping..........decent top up to bank in just 2-3 mins

have a good day :)
N

scalping is not for the faint hearted ...........so don't anyone ever kid themselves its easy .........but I tell it as it is .....

N

hey all

correlation patterns not perfect at moment ............pairs making the pips are

Ucad buys
UJ buys

usd a cracking bull play for last hour now

N

usd having an awesome bull run London...........shame yen so weak

Europeans having been selling off as much as hoped for ............yen and CAd the sells into usd more recently

UJ to 106.37 from 106.10 lows in last 30 mins
ucad buys to 3060 from 3016 lows in last 90 mins

N

hey all - I have platform issues at moment ..........back when solved