Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

DAMMITT......................high risk trade NVP.....................DAMMITTTTTT

I cant believe it ........................every damn time i'm rolling ok I decide to showboat ..........DAMMITT

taking some time out ..............I am disgusted with that call.............it was not needed

later
N

Last edited:
took that gu buy move.................letting it run............but stepping out again .......

always always step away from screens for a few minutes if you fluff up

N

Morning N

Only around for a few hrs this morning ( unfortunately) so will miss most of action - but might be back to catch 7 00 pm red dollar news

With regards to that GU sell you took at 6290 at around 8 12 /13 am - which then had you for minus 3 - heres how I saw it etc - although in isolation - not correlating it with any pair

The key levels are 6270 -75 area. From 7 am onwards its been a scalp buy - with us knowing high yesterday was 6310/11. So if its a buy above say 75 and normal R's would be at 6300 ish and then in theory it might stop under last high of 6310 - ( purely to set up more doubt in traders decision making)

So at 8 00 am - we had a HL from 7 00 am - and then we needed a HH above 6299 to confirm futher tries up

At 8 10 am to 8 40 am - we were trying for that HH - above 6290 with goal over 6299

We managed it at 6307/8

That was next clue - we know more than likely we will not just go past 6311 of yesterdays high - so around say 6305 to 6310 is definitely sell time - with us then knowing last HL's are 6289 and 6300 will be supports

So above 6290 and 6300 - we should be able to buy again to try over 6311 - which we need to breach by 3-5 pips before another pullback - needing to stay above 6300.

For me now - i would only be holding scalp sells on under 6300 - say 6297 and 6290.

Above 6300 and 6290 - you have to favour higher - but dont forget news in say 40 mins

Hope to be around then - and will be looking at pullbacks staying then above 6275 trying up again - and only thinking the up session is over if price goes under 6275 and 6265

GL - have a good day and remember those TW's as well

Regards

F

thanks F

my current major weakness is I am trained purely on currency indexs and their behaviours / patterns

that trade (without giving too much away) was playing a potential GBP retrace south into a USD I thought would rise............it was appalling and a gamble

I need to seriously revisit my pairchart analysis notes and will take a look though your threads again re LR

it wasn't a catastrophe though but very very frustrating given my experience and years of screentime

thnks mate
N

market was quiet for a while ...........this is first action for 20 mins

morning all

well heres the 1 hour ....20ma default setting on the FXCorrelator available FREE below in the links areas .

the usd is as usual swinging between buys (above zero) and sells (below zero).........

5 changes this week for our trading pleasure..and more to come I suspect..........

so are you selling usd or have you already decided its retracing fast and you are buying it on lower TF's ?

your money your call :smart:
N

Attachments

• usd swinging.JPG
    usd swinging.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 112
personally on the scalp front I have been buying the usd .........looking to scalp sell the AU and the GU ...................call them if I see them

N