Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

jees ..................usd can yu make up your damn mind please ?

buy or sell ?...........send me a memo please !!!

eu out -2 pips .............usd has now folded south a little ......grrrrrrr

back later ..............lunchtime is not the best time to be trading

Hey there (y)

jees one of the VIP's eh ? (y)......

jees that takes me back :cool:

it was $297 for 6 months membership to the website training and daily updates .......and you were indeed very very welcome as It was the first formal training I had ever conducted :smart:

I did run it for the contractual period but as you probably knew from the communications there my IT partner became very very ill (she still is sadly) and I was actually also swamped with beginners who continually asked me for very very basic information - something I had made clear was not the purpose of the site or my training :innocent:

the website contained all my daily updates and also the blogs and videos on the FXCorrelator principles and systems ................and if you remember I was continually encouraging people to experiment and expand some of the areas I was teaching :smart:

later after the 6 month period and the sad absence of my IT partner the web services provision company then decided we owed them thousands of pounds (which we didn't) and then pretty much shut down my website until I paid .......(Which I never did and they eventually and reluctantly let me move service providers as they had no proof of the bills submitted)

send me your private email address to [email protected] and I will update you on some of the developments as you were a member of that club ! (y)

Thanks
N

yes correct you did a very good job back in yes was very sad your partner become very sick? anywhere we still follow in you .

will post later.........the markets are taking my attention at present

Morning N

From the European Open its been a great EURO cross hr - nice rises on EU / EJ / EA and even the GU and AU as well

Have a great Friday and speak to you later

Regards

F

people are always asking me for the "secrets" of forex analysis :whistling and in my particular case my "secrets" of using strengthmeter analysis to make profits in forex ...........:cool:

well you have to walk before you can run ........in fact I even suggest a little crawling first ! ;)

heres the basic free fxcorrelator on its 20ma default setting for the week

look to buy currencies above the zero and sell them below the zero line

the usd is shown - the most important currency in the universe

that's it ..............no tricks ........first crawling lesson !

wax on , wax off ............wax on wax off ......:smart:

N

Attachments

• simple usd signals in week.PNG
    simple usd signals in week.PNG
    51 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
you can see the2 big moves in the week circled

usd is a sell below the zero.............so lets look at 6th august this week - circled and arrowed

Attachments

• 6th august focus.PNG
    6th august focus.PNG
    55.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
here is it a little more in detail - still 1hr tf

there were 5 bars of divergence once the usd had CLOSED below the zero line

did I know that was going to happen ?

NO

would I have traded sells on USD below the ZERO once it had closed below the zero

YES !!!

N

Attachments

• selling usd details.PNG
    selling usd details.PNG
    32.3 KB · Views: 95
no tricks here ...........you set parameters and stick to them......

and then trade what you see .........USD was now below the Zero ........so sell signals are on

N

what to buy ?...........

lets keep it simple then

lets say we will only look at currencies already ABOVE the Zero .......simple !

so that's 4 currencies ..........lots of choice

Attachments

• whos above the zero.PNG
    whos above the zero.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 91
but surely we cant trade all 4 ?

well you could .........but lets keep it simple

we know the bar that signalled the USD going south of the Zero right ?

lets set up the 4 charts for that situation for the 4 currencies we are watching

heres 3 of those charts all set up from the 12 pm signal (my charts are gmt -1)

so we have a usd sell signal right ?....it closed Below the Zero

so go to the selected pairs and set the actual price on that closing bar

from there on in hunt the appropriate move you are looking for

in this case is was selling USDCAD and USDJPY

and Buying NZDUSD and AUDUSD (not shown)

sure the USDCAD opened up into a brilliant sell over the next 4 bars ......but that's just one of them .......the others bounced around those price lines..and in fact all got pips eventually by crossing the price lines successfully (well I said the usd stayed bear for a nice extended period (y))

but my point is this ...........you NOW have a trading/price line on the charts ....so use it !!!

that's it gang............just a small insight into some common sense/ logic incorporating strengthmeter signals into mainstream charts

its the tip of the iceberg .........and will take a lifetime to learn and teach ..........so we are all on the journey together

later
N

Attachments

• trade the usd sell.PNG
    trade the usd sell.PNG
    53.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited: