Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

NVP / Jedster,

do either of you fine chaps know if the indicator could have a problem within an MT4 platform that has the 'funny little sunday candle' ? I ask this as the indicator appears blank in some platforms and this 'seems' to be the deciding factor.

thx in advance, and keep up the great info.

Hey H

the Indicator will incorporate all bars that are reported through the platform used ...so the first minute of Trading from sunday night should be recorded ........

so yes if the first Bars generated are not complete for some reason then the Indicator will just show what it sees ......the same as any Candlestick chart will as well........

it just does as its told ! :smart:
N

Last edited:
hey all

heres the action ...........AUD is looking a great sell on the Left and Centre charts .....bull wise you can line them up .........USD , CAD , CHF and the retracing Euro that is leading the pack....

E/A and E/G are the biggest moves so far ....about 150 pips are on the table for those pairs this week

regards
N

Attachments

• AUD SELLS.PNG
    AUD SELLS.PNG
    50.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
NVP - you do a good job. If more people get the hang of what it means when the individual lines converge and diverge and which are furthest apart and which are above others and which are crossing and which have the greatest slope, they'll be able, hopefully, to usefully apply that information to underpin their trading decisions.

Can I humbly suggest that while having the correlator parametrised as to choice of period length etc. is extremely useful, having two or more correlators at different periods for confirmation- relative and appropriate to trading timeframe - is a real boon.

NVP - you do a good job. If more people get the hang of what it means when the individual lines converge and diverge and which are furthest apart and which are above others and which are crossing and which have the greatest slope, they'll be able, hopefully, to usefully apply that information to underpin their trading decisions.

Can I humbly suggest that while having the correlator parametrised as to choice of period length etc. is extremely useful, having two or more correlators at different periods for confirmation- relative and appropriate to trading timeframe - is a real boon.

Hey PB.........absolutely 100% agree........if someone trawls a little through this thread you will see I have various recommendations and approaches to combining MA's and TF's to get clarity and perspective on the market

heres a recent ramble on what TF/Setting to use .......
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1221.html#post1975964

heres a link here + an indicator that shows you 3 different Arrow settings on 1 indicator + the main chart = 4 potential combinations you can use

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-964.html#post1606784

also - on my 7P's the recommendation for understanding and using multiple indicators is highlighted as rule 5

N

Attachments

• 7 p's of trading.JPG
    7 p's of trading.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
heres Wednesday .........

nice smoothest profits buying EUR and CHF and Selling GBP and AUD to date this week....but as we all know hindsight is a wonderful trading system :smart:

N

Attachments

• wednesday.PNG
    wednesday.PNG
    48.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
morning all

I had an early meeting today so couldnt get to screens ..............later if I can

N

by the way ..

My FXCorrelator.com website is back under my control .....:)

its currently forwarding to my other thread here at T2W and I will reload content and any other goodies when I get time .........

N

and those 7 p's again
N

Attachments

• 7 p's of trading.JPG
    7 p's of trading.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 146
morning all

heres the week ..........

Dow heading for 5 weeks of gains ....
GBP and Euro have done well to date
AUD and now Yen have been the sells so far

the big moves/trades are EUR and GBP selling Yen - 200 pips ......see right charts

N

Attachments

• the week.PNG
    the week.PNG
    52.5 KB · Views: 979
Last edited:
pressure on as those moves above stretch out more into the final furlong of the week

cheer
N

Attachments

• friday closing out.PNG
    friday closing out.PNG
    51.2 KB · Views: 162
mornin all .:)

as people probably can see by now...... I dont get too excited on a monday and wait for a full rotation of global trading timezones

The G8 always need a little coffee and excercise to wake up after the weekend ......:smart:

N

Last edited:
hey all

mixed week so far ........Dow going for 7th week of rises

AUD is rising on middle chart (1ma weekly X men) and a lot of sells going on .........GBP is one of them and that
pair is 100+ pips up in the week......USD looks fragile as well

regarding correlation .........I always really like the dow rising and both USD and YEN selling.....and the left chart (daily 20ma standard FXCorrelator) is now showing that pattern

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
morning all .........

on the left (daily 20ma)...we see the Yen trying to hold its bear status......meanwhile the GBP tries to hold its pole top position.......

the Weekly 1ma xmen middle chart shows the weeks action from opening sunday

We have a very weak CAD and some decent moves up on the CHF and EURO

the pair pips of the week to date are on the CHFCAD SELL (right chart)

among the many many ways of trading strengthmeters ......

on this format if I see a currency moving in the same side of Zero/direction on the middle chart vs the same side or Zero /direction on the left daily 20ma direction ......I get interested :smart:

so in this case I would be interesested in the EUR and CHF as buys (recent crossover action on left chart)..and the CAD sells (again recent crossover on the left daily chart)

most other things are retracing .......and therefore not correlating

but thats just one of hundreds of ways to look at the signals :smart:

later.....
N

Attachments

• the week so far .jpg
    the week so far .jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
morning all

wow.....the USD is fighting back....its above the Zero on the left daily and gone to the leader board on the weekly right chart (1ma xmen)

N

Attachments

• thursday 21st nov.JPG
    thursday 21st nov.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited: