Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Dow getting slammed on the 15m TF and I am waiting for USD or YEN to show me some bull action....

I hate trading pairs without these guys in them !!

N

Attachments

• yen usd not rising yet.jpg
    yen usd not rising yet.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 122
well ..we are sure in business now !!

good hunting
N

Attachments

• buying USD and YEN.jpg
    buying USD and YEN.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 129
jees what an opener on the Dow ............due south and still falling

Dow bounces but I am still hanging onto USD buys for grim death .......

ridem cowboy !
N

Attachments

• dow bounce.jpg
    dow bounce.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 127
hey all

Dont beat yourself up too much this week if you are trading off the 4 hourlys and things were thin.....

looking at my charts and violatility indexes its been the worst week indeed for 4hr TF action since late March .....and I would have only picked up the glimmer of a signal around Wednesday 26th late London morning session and it then faded rapidly

these are the kind of things I use to maintain my sanity and get the G8 Forex world into perspective..........if the volatility isnt there on a TF I just dont trade.......(reluctantly:cool:)

why go fishing when the fish are not biting ?

N

tell a lie........my 4hr chart (GMT-1) has 1 hour to run still and has been actually signalling trades today for the second time this week ..finally !! :cool:

N

ok been an interesting afternoon.........I got a few pips in buying USD against varying currencies as they presented themselves on lower TF's .......not bad at all.......

on the Standard system (15m TF) I offer here on the 20ma we saw the frequent frustrations of getting USD/YEN and DOW aligned ....

as I mentioned a while back in the thread one of the things you could do is perhaps accelerate the MA to get faster / more frequent signals (will cause more chop though) .....

or perhaps ease off the rules and take whatever 2 of the 3 are aligned....(like this afternoon ignore the Dows signals as USD and Yen were the same side)

again not perfect......but this Free system is here to teach you the Strengthmeter basics and perhaps wet your taste buds for experimentation....thats all ........

sorry it will not make you rich....:eek:...only you can make that happen over time by developing your own personal skills and the system path you chose to customise......

N

Attachments

• USD rocks all week.jpg
    USD rocks all week.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Nice week buying on the USD trail........

that Green dude never got south at all on the 20/3 4Hr chart on the left.......all one had to do was keep stepping on the accelerator on lower TF's .......and friday trading on the 15m was no exception.....

only NZD came close to such a bull run in the week

N :smart:

Attachments

• USD rocks all week.jpg
    USD rocks all week.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 163
hey all !

I have been looking at a lot of the Third party coaching and trading room feedback on this and other Forums....

Why ?

because I am interested to see what the hell goes on in these rooms during the hours and hours of trading.....

and was (expectedly) dissapointed ..........as I may have aluded to before the forex markets (in any TF) are only for me active or flashing for possible trades probably 20% Max of the Bars (any TF)......and even less If I decide to tighten my criteria ..........this means potentially hours and hours between even trades on the 15m TF .......

so what is there to talk about in these rooms unless these dudes are scalping ?.....

and if you are scalping you certainly do not have time to be posting or talking in chatrooms as well (If you look back over this thread I sometimes try this and it really really throws the trading !!)

so I think my conclusion is to treat them as a gossip / networking area at best ....and dont dont pay ever for them........as they do more damage than good to your trading and development ......

here endeth the Sermon :p
N

mornin all

dow is holding and rising a little overnight......

Yen under pressure

hmmmmmmm
N

Attachments

• dow bounce.jpg
    dow bounce.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 118
as I said - some nice Yen sells today so far but potentially easing now....

EuroJPY was a treat
N

Attachments

• nice EJ's.jpg
    nice EJ's.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 137
I must confess though on my own customised system i have been scalping pips on USD buys....current 15m bar already a nice locked 10 pips on G/U sells

N

Dow may retrace a little south again .......keep on USD buys....its running hot hot hot

yens coming north fast as well ...may be the better bet as USd could take a breather on 15m's soon

N

all change !!

From pretty much the moment I entered that post above on the 15m TF ....the Dow held firm and eventually rallied North :whistling

sending the USd and YEN south ......:cool:

Trade what you see......and always be ready to adapt and change to the market conditions ! :smart:

N

Attachments

• Yen and USD sells.jpg
    Yen and USD sells.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 127
mornin all........

on my slower (left) 4hr TF on a 20/3 setting we see that the USD continues to defy gravity and stay above the zero line.......

lets see if anything today drags it down .........the Dow is chopping at the moment and testing the 15,000 level again

later - duty calls

N

Attachments

• USD holds ground.jpg
    USD holds ground.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 134
It goes without saying that the stock market anticipates real economy ...

Attachments

• corrtrading.gif
    corrtrading.gif
    49.7 KB · Views: 136
It goes without saying that the stock market anticipates real economy ...

thanks E..can you elaborate more and how you will trade this message ?

also I did ask questions regarding on the previous chart you presented so would love to see that as well

thanks.......
N

mornin all

Dow is chanelling on 4hr and 15m.....lets see what happens when the price hits those S/R levels

and AUD took flak overnight on 15ms ......

hmmm
N

Attachments

• dow channels.jpg
    dow channels.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 128