Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

the weeeekend is here ...........:clap:

anyway heres the week ......thats a 500ma and a weekly 1ma x-men tagged on the end to show the final position of each currency for the week

Dow fell...then made it all back.....
GBP rocked (hoorah .....more holiday money for us brits)
Yen did well..........congrats to Abe on a greeeeat speech (not:whistling)
And the Aussie twins brought a whole new meaning to being down under :p

whether you won or lost this week dont worry........there will be another one along in 2 days time ..........

later all ...i'm always around if you have questions
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 155
Hi Nvp,

Thank you so much for your great work on the forexcorrelator.

That was really the dynamic I was missing in my scalping system.

I have been using:
- FXCORRELATOR_8020_SYSTEM_DO NOT RESELL OR COPY_V1
- FXCORRELATOR_Goldmeter_V2.2
- FXCORRELATOR_NewCurrencyChartMeter

However, I am meeting a strange technical problem. Everything was happening perfectly well until one day where the indicators froze. For FXCORRELATOR_Goldmeter_V2.2, it is half of it that froze. The pink line go one moving, but the other currencies do not, showing exactly the same forzen pattern than for FXCORRELATOR_8020_SYSTEM_DO NOT RESELL OR COPY_V1 and FXCORRELATOR_NewCurrencyChartMeter.

So I tried many things, I even uninstalled and reinstalled my MT4 platform, taking care of also deleting the hiden MT4 files in App Data_Virtual Store of Windows. I have been very surprized to see that when I opened MT4 just after re installation, the indicators still appeared in the same frozen patter (where is the memory of this pattern stored?)

Also, what is strange is that the indicators still work perfectly by another broker I use for demo trades. But I am not happy with using this solution since I use instutitional inter bank quotes and exchange for my live trading, so the feed is a lot more precise and faster than with my demo broker. And having the right data stream is essential for my scalping strategy.

I attached some screenshots showing the problem:
- "primexm fx bridge indicator just loaded": note the postion of the CHF pointing steep up
- "After 20 minutes": note the same pattern to the right and the indicator print some horizontal lines for the time it should have work live.
- " gold primexm fx bridge": note the same pattern (one currency pointing steep up, we find again the frozen CHF), the pink line looks like working fine but the other ones do not.
- "other broker": shows what it should have looked like on the same defined period

Do you have any idea about what it happening, and how I could solve the problem? Do you have already experience this problem, before?

Also what is the difference between FXCORRELATOR_8020_SYSTEM_DO NOT RESELL OR COPY_V1 and FXCORRELATOR_NVP_TILL_SCALPER (except the default settings)?

I would be very happy if you or someone could help me.

Nvp, I also sent you a private message and posted on FF.

Thank you very much,

Attachments

• primexm fx bridge indicator just loaded.png
    primexm fx bridge indicator just loaded.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 175
  • After 20 minutes.png
    After 20 minutes.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 155
  • gold primexm fx bridge.png
    gold primexm fx bridge.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 168
  • other broker.png
    other broker.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 154
Hey L....

Thanks for posting here...........as I said in our PM's .....I have a lot of great traders and programmers that help me here and on a PM basis...... so I open the floor for their help ......

(Serious Programmer/Traders......some of the CV's would astonish you....and their humility and Help offered is always appreciated and admirable)

as I said we may have a little broker/feed issues here but I leave it to the experts

regarding the 2 versions ....Tills version (a great programmer) added the currency names at the top and a few other things like i think it allowed you to put 3 different settings on some arrows at the top of the page to assist seeing matching signals quickly (??) ...but the basic model is the same re what the lines show .....

N

hey all

heres GOLD ..........check out my free indicator in the signature area

we may see a potential sell this week if USD gets bullish and Gold line plunges further south past the AUD

so why isnt gold starting to rally as the market gets jitters ?

Dont worry about solving the markets Conundrums....just damnwell trade what you see and worry about all the b*llsh*t hindsight commentaries after you have made some money :p

N

Attachments

• goldmeter.jpg
    goldmeter.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 136
Hey L....

Thanks for posting here...........as I said in our PM's .....I have a lot of great traders and programmers that help me here and on a PM basis...... so I open the floor for their help ......

(Serious Programmer/Traders......some of the CV's would astonish you....and their humility and Help offered is always appreciated and admirable)

as I said we may have a little broker/feed issues here but I leave it to the experts

regarding the 2 versions ....Tills version (a great programmer) added the currency names at the top and a few other things like i think it allowed you to put 3 different settings on some arrows at the top of the page to assist seeing matching signals quickly (??) ...but the basic model is the same re what the lines show .....

N

Hi N,

Thank you for your help.

So I am waiting to see if someone can help me with that freeze issue (post: #11433).

Great great job with this indi guys,

Hope I can make it work as well,

Hi,

This is an interesting problem. I have given this some thought and unfortunately I really don't know what could cause it. If you have other indicators running in MT4, it is possible that they could cause interference. Also, the pairs that are used to calculate the strength might be having feed issues (I.e. the broker is not publishing timely ticks). All we can do is try to diagnose what is causing the problem. Unfortunately, the debugging and diagnoses tools in MT4 are pretty much non-existent. They are certainly in the pre-historic era.

Firstly, I suggest you remove all other charts, and indicators, so that you have nothing else running.

Next, I suggest you pull up the 7 charts that are required to calculated the strength. That is:
EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, NZDUSD, USDCAD.

Add a strength meter to a chart, and keep an eye on it. The chart that the indicator is applied to makes no difference. In order to try to diagnose this problem, you can't use historical data. So you can't look back at a chart and say, "it happened here", it can only be with live data.

So basically, leave the charts running and easily visible, and then when you notice there is a problem with the strengthmeter, simply look at the 7 currency charts and confirm that they are all ticking correctly, and are all on the same candle time.

The problem here is, even if you can discover the problem, there probably isn't going to be any way to resolve it, especially if it is some kind of broker/feed issue. So, unfortunately, you may find the actual remedy is just to simply switch broker and use a demo account from a different provider that doesn't cause any hiccups.

Not sure if that is going to help, but lets see...

J

Hi Nvp,

Thank you so much for your great work on the forexcorrelator.

That was really the dynamic I was missing in my scalping system.

I have been using:
- FXCORRELATOR_8020_SYSTEM_DO NOT RESELL OR COPY_V1
- FXCORRELATOR_Goldmeter_V2.2
- FXCORRELATOR_NewCurrencyChartMeter

However, I am meeting a strange technical problem. Everything was happening perfectly well until one day where the indicators froze. For FXCORRELATOR_Goldmeter_V2.2, it is half of it that froze. The pink line go one moving, but the other currencies do not, showing exactly the same forzen pattern than for FXCORRELATOR_8020_SYSTEM_DO NOT RESELL OR COPY_V1 and FXCORRELATOR_NewCurrencyChartMeter.

So I tried many things, I even uninstalled and reinstalled my MT4 platform, taking care of also deleting the hiden MT4 files in App Data_Virtual Store of Windows. I have been very surprized to see that when I opened MT4 just after re installation, the indicators still appeared in the same frozen patter (where is the memory of this pattern stored?)

Also, what is strange is that the indicators still work perfectly by another broker I use for demo trades. But I am not happy with using this solution since I use instutitional inter bank quotes and exchange for my live trading, so the feed is a lot more precise and faster than with my demo broker. And having the right data stream is essential for my scalping strategy.

I attached some screenshots showing the problem:
- "primexm fx bridge indicator just loaded": note the postion of the CHF pointing steep up
- "After 20 minutes": note the same pattern to the right and the indicator print some horizontal lines for the time it should have work live.
- " gold primexm fx bridge": note the same pattern (one currency pointing steep up, we find again the frozen CHF), the pink line looks like working fine but the other ones do not.
- "other broker": shows what it should have looked like on the same defined period

Do you have any idea about what it happening, and how I could solve the problem? Do you have already experience this problem, before?

Also what is the difference between FXCORRELATOR_8020_SYSTEM_DO NOT RESELL OR COPY_V1 and FXCORRELATOR_NVP_TILL_SCALPER (except the default settings)?

I would be very happy if you or someone could help me.

Nvp, I also sent you a private message and posted on FF.

Thank you very much,

Interesting correlation between UsdCad and the Bovespa. If the Loonie will weaken then there will be bad news for the Bovespa.

Attachments

• usdcad.gif
    usdcad.gif
    127.9 KB · Views: 170
Hi,

This is an interesting problem. I have given this some thought and unfortunately I really don't know what could cause it. If you have other indicators running in MT4, it is possible that they could cause interference. Also, the pairs that are used to calculate the strength might be having feed issues (I.e. the broker is not publishing timely ticks). All we can do is try to diagnose what is causing the problem. Unfortunately, the debugging and diagnoses tools in MT4 are pretty much non-existent. They are certainly in the pre-historic era.

Firstly, I suggest you remove all other charts, and indicators, so that you have nothing else running.

Next, I suggest you pull up the 7 charts that are required to calculated the strength. That is:

Add a strength meter to a chart, and keep an eye on it. The chart that the indicator is applied to makes no difference. In order to try to diagnose this problem, you can't use historical data. So you can't look back at a chart and say, "it happened here", it can only be with live data.

So basically, leave the charts running and easily visible, and then when you notice there is a problem with the strengthmeter, simply look at the 7 currency charts and confirm that they are all ticking correctly, and are all on the same candle time.

The problem here is, even if you can discover the problem, there probably isn't going to be any way to resolve it, especially if it is some kind of broker/feed issue. So, unfortunately, you may find the actual remedy is just to simply switch broker and use a demo account from a different provider that doesn't cause any hiccups.

J

Thanks J........thats appreciated

PS the recent stuff you sent was very thought provoking.......Will report back later this week whene i get time ........(y)

N

Interesting correlation between UsdCad and the Bovespa. If the Loonie will weaken then there will be bad news for the Bovespa.

hey E

call me dumb...but what is the Bovespa and what are the correlation factors that make these guys run so tight ?

and how can you make money out of it ?

thanks
N

hey all

intesresting start to the week

Dow futures looking to breach north again ..........and is that a flicker of hope I see regarding a strengthening AUD and NZD ?

later
N

Attachments

• early action on Dow this week.jpg
    early action on Dow this week.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 168
hey all....

I see Dow got north a couple of times and we saw the USD and Yen sharing the sub Zero slots .....

not bad at all
N

Attachments

• selling USD and Yen today.jpg
    selling USD and Yen today.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 162
Hi,

J

Hi J,

Thanks for your help.

I actually re installed MT4, recompiled the indicators, and try FXCORRELATOR(s) on a blank chart, with EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, NZDUSD, USDCAD opened. All the 7 currency charts are all ticking correctly, and are all on the same candle time.

The indi still apears frozen in the same position.

I really do not understand that it was working perfectly for a while and then froze. And that even after re installing MT4, I get the same frozen pattern after loading the indicator.

I am not under demo. I am trading live by Lmax exchange broker, which is supposed to be one of the best and fastest feed as you trade with institutionals with institutional spreads and the feed speed needed for effective scalping in Depth Of Market. I contacted them, and wait for their feedback. I will let you know if it is possible to dig on that side to solve the issue.

Thank for you help guys,

Any input for helping me out is more than welcome,

L

Last edited:
Hi J,

Thanks for your help.

I actually re installed MT4, recompiled the indicators, and try FXCORRELATOR(s) on a blank chart, with EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, NZDUSD, USDCAD opened. All the 7 currency charts are all ticking correctly, and are all on the same candle time.

The indi still apears frozen in the same position.

I really do not understand that it was working perfectly for a while and then froze. And that even after re installing MT4, I get the same frozen pattern after loading the indicator.

I am not under demo. I am trading live by Lmax exchange broker, which is supposed to be one of the best and fastest feed as you trade with institutionals with institutional spreads and the feed speed needed for effective scalping in Depth Of Market. I contacted them, and wait for their feedback. I will let you know if it is possible to dig on that side to solve the issue.

Thank for you help guys,

Any imput for helping me out is more than welcome,

L

hey dude

we are both UK based so would I love to offer the Broker Platforms I am using ......i mainly use FXCM UK platform for live action.........it rarely lets me down but I do refresh Screens most times when I go in....(part of my Trading rituals anyway) - and Nope not a recommendation to use their Trading Products and services, but it does run the FXCorrelator to my satisfaction :smart:

let us know how its going ........the FXCorrelator is a pretty standard indicator and should not really be any more problematic than the millions of other MT4 stuff out there :smart:

N

hey all

heres the week so far ...........the Yen is back north already on the right hand 1hr chart......

Hmmmm
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 145
hey dude

we are both UK based so would I love to offer the Broker Platforms I am using ......i mainly use FXCM UK platform for live action.........it rarely lets me down but I do refresh Screens most times when I go in....(part of my Trading rituals anyway) - and Nope not a recommendation to use their Trading Products and services, but it does run the FXCorrelator to my satisfaction :smart:

let us know how its going ........the FXCorrelator is a pretty standard indicator and should not really be any more problematic than the millions of other MT4 stuff out there :smart:

N

Hi N,

Yes I totally agree with you, FX correlator should not be problematic, and it was not .. until something happened... and I have really no idea what.
I think it must come from MT4 or from the broker. I cannot see any other reason.

I will let you know if I find something,

Anyway thanks guys for your help.

I will try to not bog your thread to much with that.

Any input is still more than welcome,

Happy trading,

L

blog away dude ............its usually just me and J here swapping gossip with Hamish in the wings !!

N

blog away dude ............its usually just me and J here swapping gossip with Hamish in the wings !!

N

Lol.

Hi guys!

I blog back to not bog but write: VICTORY! :clap:

After having bothered the whole world, I just changed the pairing denomination in the code, adding the suffixe ".lmx" to the pairs names, ("EURUSD" changed into "EURUSD.lmx" so the code points towards Lmax quotes.

I already had a problem with that on other indis but, my God what is crazy is that it first worked perfectly when I tried it for the first time, then it stopped! How to understand that? So I did not even think the issue could come from the pairing denomination in the code.

Anyway guys thank you very much for your support and good vibes.

I come back gossip with you about the flying Hamishes soon!

Best to all of you,

L

no worries ..........

i'm not sure Hamish even would describe himself as "flying"......though his origins do hail from the North ? :p

N

hey all

heres the week so far ...........the Yen is back north already on the right hand 1hr chart......

Hmmmm
N

hey all

well the Yen certainly had a nice day out yesterday .........as it extended that Northerly push we saw firing up in yesterdays post (above)

see that push/pull Dow verses Yen on the right hand 1hr chart ?

a Pretty common sight these days as USD became a tourist for a while ........

so theres yet another little Twist to my DOW /YEN /USD system (which you had possibly already spotted ?) ....

go with any trade showing just 2 of the 3 conditions in place (of which there will always be a signal)...

So if Dow is rising and Yen is falling - (but USD is rising) ......trade the Yen pairs ! (selling ~Yen) ..........screw the USD ;)......Euro is always a pretty decent bet guys in these situations...........and even in some cases buy the USD against the Yen.....(y) (and vice versa in all cases if Dow is rising)

hmmmm........the Jam thickens !!! :smart:
N

Attachments

• push pull yen vs dow.jpg
    push pull yen vs dow.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 193