Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the abyss is beconing for the dow..........If it blows south we will have a buyfest on Yen

not sure whats holdng up the party starting already though...

N

Attachments

• abysss becons .jpg
    abysss becons .jpg
    38 KB · Views: 215
commdolls are the sells at present .......european currencies still resisting the pull south

if all else fails then the UJ sell is an option if Dow continues to retreat............

Attachments

• UJ sells .jpg
    UJ sells .jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 168
NZD is finally coming south as well..............

damn those aussies are moving fast - even though they are not in business hours

N

3rd 15m bar and Dow is now holding............tremendous opportunities for Euro buys here if the Dow starts to claw back

the Euro gave away only a handful of pips under that dow pressure........I am just looking for something to get me into buying E/U again as it looks very good

N

i'm b/e at around 3070 and going to let it run

off to meetings

later
N

here we are today .......

Nice sell early hours as the Red GBP took over the sell position on that right hand 15m TF chart .....Dow futures was falling so it was a nice trade

if you trade the night shift the Sells on the AUD and NZD were perfectly acceptable as well

at the moment I am torn in my view ......I see the european currencies south on the 15m TF chart so Ideally I want the Yen and USD to stay north which needs some Dow weakness.....thisis not evident at present

perfect play is the 15m Dow to now bounce south and fall fall fall........the european sells into the yen and USD would be no brainers

N

Attachments

• choppy.jpg
    choppy.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 138
well the Dow futures went North.....

a few pips on G/U buy and in truth the Euro signal earlier was a real dud.....

as already discussed - I still think we have more opportunities to SELL the Euro and GBP when USD and Yen finally start to move north again

We Need a little Dow weakness......

N

Attachments

• european moves are poor.jpg
    european moves are poor.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 135
ok thats better.....

lets see a little more bounce extension and some sells could be in order as hoped

N

Attachments

• fast bounce.jpg
    fast bounce.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 127
last few hours have been profitable..as hoped the Dow turned south and it was always apparent we had weakness in the europeans already

Icing on the Cake was the kicker from the Yen that really enhanced its pairings (y)

N :smart:

Attachments

• trades 0n.jpg
    trades 0n.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 124
hey all

looking at the pure 15m TF (below)

to me we are ripe for a dow futures bounce north.....so play the european buys into usd and yen

GBP is strong anyway ...and Euro may be ripe for a bounce ....

N

Attachments

• dowbounce.jpg
    dowbounce.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 149
Remember a lot of what I call here on this thread is short term TF stuff and pretty subjective hung around some simple rules I chose to follow (correlation and Strengthmeters)

It is not a complete and comprehensive trading blueprint ...... something essential to sucessful and consistent profits

I Urge everyone to develop their own approach / processes and strategies in this matter ...and in truth probably on higher TF's where % movements are more material and therefore tend to get more predictable behavoural patterns and dynamics

4h TF's and daily's are better ............the trouble is in allocating the same realistic risk/money management rule - the returns are much lower as turnover of trades per week/month reduces dramatically

N

hey all

looking at the pure 15m TF (below)

to me we are ripe for a dow futures bounce north.....so play the european buys into usd and yen

GBP is strong anyway ...and Euro may be ripe for a bounce ....

N

ok here we are

a bit of a Dow Bounce and not a damn bean from the GBP and Euro .........what does that tell you .......?

clock is ticking ..........:eek:
N

Attachments

• wheres the move.jpg
    wheres the move.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 147
ok here we are

a bit of a Dow Bounce and not a damn bean from the GBP and Euro .........what does that tell you .......?

clock is ticking ..........:eek:
N

did you bite or not ?....hopefully not ;)

sure I like to anticipate a move off of the dynamics.....but I'm not going to trade if the actual currencies dont start to move in the direction I want ......you need some form of semi confirmation on a trade

we cant call/catch the ABSOLUTE high or low.....we attempt to capture the middle piece of any move ...and in this we are asessing the pips available

so in fact this was a SELL signal ultimately ...the Dow bull move got rejected (when we were initially looking) and in fact the GBP kept piling south so it was a classic full 100% pure pattern

Dow below 20 sma
yen and usd above the zero
gbp below the zero....

now what ?.............well the yen and USD are bullinh .....and that rising dow is not slowing them much at all.........when it does turn them look to buy the Euro as yen and USD fade :smart:

N

Attachments

• didnt hold.jpg
    didnt hold.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 149