Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok ive got to step away .........if GBP or Euro finally folds south have a trade for me

N

hey all

well as I leave I see usd and yen kept north....but pennies on the main currencies

time for a break then......hey dont ever believe real trading is dynamic and exciting like the marketeers tell you .....its very stop and start ....with long periods of waiting !

until tomorrow
N

hey all

I see that the Dow keeps falling .....but the USD is still shy of coming north on the 1hr chart (right)....

that could be an omen.......so if Dow really starts to rise (say above that 20 ma line on the 1hr chart)......you should see some good sells on the usd as its weak already

later..trying to scalp some pips before work on 15m and 5mins

N

Attachments

• yen is weak weak weak.jpg
    yen is weak weak weak.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 140
1.2846 was the best you were gonna get scalping E/U sels .....get out if you are in it ....

and G/U wont get to the 1.60.....

Attachments

• scalping.jpg
    scalping.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
jees euro is under pressure on the 5mins.....not since early hours of this morning was it being so hit....

I have to get ready sadly but actually that dude could fall a little further if this continues

n

hey all

I see that the Dow keeps falling .....but the USD is still shy of coming north on the 1hr chart (right)....

that could be an omen.......so if Dow really starts to rise (say above that 20 ma line on the 1hr chart)......you should see some good sells on the usd as its weak already later..trying to scalp some pips before work on 15m and 5mins

N

oh yeah baby ............oh yeah (y)

N:smart:

Attachments

• so easy it hurts.jpg
    so easy it hurts.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 104
superb..........better and better

I need to go back to last Friday for such a powerful move on Euro (on the 15m's TF anyway)

N

Attachments

• better and better .jpg
    better and better .jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 138
USD looks burnt out on the sells ..nothing left to give ?

tighten
N

could be some great retraces coming here.....i'm on Flashes live trading thread as well

Attachments

• usd may be spent.jpg
    usd may be spent.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 118
There's little to call on a relative strength basis right at this moment between usd and jpy, so I'm guessing the rise will slacken appreciably fairly shortly.

if you guys want a punt

A/U is the sell ...........below 1.0270 .and as long as dow keeps retracing a little south now into opening

christ someone has to be falling alongside the yen !!

N

if you guys want a punt

A/U is the sell ...........below 1.0270 .and as long as dow keeps retracing a little south now into opening

christ someone has to be falling alongside the yen !!

N

ZZZZZZZZZ....sorry guys........the AUD by now is very quiet on the moves and is not really doing much at all... (+/- a handful of pips in last few bars)

I see the USD still south on the lower 15mTF but absolutely solid in not moving further south.....(?)

if we get a reprieve again on the Dows charge north then Euro and GBP may actually decide to fall and USD will certainly rise

N :smart:

Attachments

• usd looks strong .jpg
    usd looks strong .jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 116
nope.......the Dow wont slow down or turn.......CAD is flying north

ok Dow has got to 13,400 on my futures charts...theres some resistance levels here and we are coming into the Dow opening

lets see what happens

N

ok - wicked opening action here ...........

c'mon Dow FALL !!!

N

Attachments

• wicked opening bar .jpg
    wicked opening bar .jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 143